Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bad things about.........

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it strange that I'm the opposite?

The only boy that has made me fall asleep quicker than I would on my own was my ex who I was with for 3 years.

If anyone is in my bed, or in my room, it takes me so much longer to get to sleep.

I think most people normally find it easier to sleep on their own because its what they've been used to most of their lives, they get more room etc, but im a bit odd and like having company especially in bed. I fall asleep the quickest when im recieving a cuddle, maybe because im so happy and content? When im on my own in bed i end up thinking about things that make me less happy, and keep myself awake by accident.

For the past 6 months me and the bf have been sharing a single bed, the lack of space doesnt hinder my sleep at all, if anything it means more snuggles :yum:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Was he that boring? :p

Heh, no. I was just 100% comfortable with him. As we were together so long, it was just like he was part of me. Sounds MINGING I know. Also, I was quite dependent on him, loved him, etc (oh the shame) so I just felt really safe and happy when I was with him. *throws up*

Thank fuck I'm not like that anymore.

I did however, fall asleep TWICE whilst he was um, yeah :o I blamed it on alcohol. I think he believed me :/
  • Options
    Also;

when you're single you worry more about whether or not you're single.

And if you're me, you freak out when people try to kiss you.

When you're not single, it's fine, you can just say 'No, I'm in a relationship' :) but when I'm single. I just go a bit mental and start trembling.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    And if you're me, you freak out when people try to kiss you.

When you're not single, it's fine, you can just say 'No, I'm in a relationship' :) but when I'm single. I just go a bit mental and start trembling.

No-one tries to kiss me relationship or not. :(
  • Options
    I miss not having hugs, or kisses, or silly little texts.
    I miss not telling someone how my day has been.
  • Options
    Going to social gatherings on your own when everyone else turns up with their respective partners, like Amira said.

Getting that shitty feeling you know is stupid but get it anyway of not feeling wanted, like Rachael said.

Someone said forgetting how kisses feel, yeah, that too.

But I think the worst of all, is when I'm having a great time, or something special happens, and not having anyone to share it with. Like yesterday I had a family country day which was really special, and not having a boyfriend to share it with just made me feel empty. God, I HATE that. :impissed:

:(
  • Options
    No-one tries to kiss me relationship or not. :(

Well, nobody tries to kiss me either. But someone did, once, and I freaked out lol :crazyeyes
  • Options
    the arguements and make up sex
    s'about it. i heart being single
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    that it looks really sad when people (this is a generalisation before anyone wants to take it personally) are clearly bitter and yelp on about how much they just adore being single and wouldn't have it any other way - and then as soon as anyone shows them just a hint of interest they start whining about great it is to be with someone

So I guess that's more about your friends being single than you? :confused:
  • Options
    Rraass being singles shit. I gotta change that now I am.
  • Options
    that it looks really sad when people (this is a generalisation before anyone wants to take it personally) are clearly bitter and yelp on about how much they just adore being single and wouldn't have it any other way - and then as soon as anyone shows them just a hint of interest they start whining about great it is to be with someone

That's because it's the start of a relationship, which means that you think the other person is amazing in every way and everything is hunky dory. Doesn't mean that's actually the case. But it goes:

Good relationship
    Single
    Bad relationship

And "seeing someone" for me generally fits in above single for a while, but then I get bored if it doesn't develop into "good relationship," and I can't be arsed having the obligations (to call them/see them all the time/feel guilty if you want to pull someone else) so I miss being single. Those things are only worth it with the right person. In fact, if they even feel like obligations rather than things you don't think twice about, then it wouldn't be too great a relationship imo.

Being a person who doesn't have all the girls looking at him whenever he walks into a room (I know, it's hard to believe), I tend to feel more attractive when I'm seeing someone. Well I think most people tend to feel more attractive when they have attention from the opposite sex, and for most people, being with someone gives you more attention than being single. But I find that it's the same if I have someone I regularly flirt with, and have a good time with, even if we never pull each other.
  • Options
    Not getting laid
  • Options

:no: I've had good and bad relationships in the past.

I've had offers of relationships since becoming single but I've turned them down. I don't want to be in a relationship right now. However, when I do enter another relationship again, it will be because I want to, I'm ready and I will be happy about it. Just because I'm happy being single now, it doesn't mean I never want to be in a relationship again because thats untrue. I want to in a relationship again but when I leave uni, have got a new job, got myself a flat sorted, etc. In other words, when I actually have time and have settled down:p

As for the any hint of interest part, you don't just suddenly get no interest when your single. Infact, I find that you get more because you are free :yes: I don't start wanting to be in a relationship either everytime a guy shows me a bit of interest though :crazyeyes

Just because you are happy being single, it doesn't mean you are bitter at all. Unless, thats how you feel when you are single?
  • Options
    I love being in relationships and I wish I was alot of the time.
    However it wouldn't be practrical at this stage in my life, I'm only 19 and I've got way too much going on in the form of raving, clubbing, pubbing, partying, going out with mates, getting fucked up e.t.c to really be able to afford or have the time to have a girlfriend. Also things that I want to do, I wouldn't be able to do with a girlfriend so although I do miss my long term relationships of the past, I can't have it both ways and at the present time, being single wins.
  • Options
    Lack of sex! (For me anyway)
  • Options
    Another bad thing about being single... You feel the need to make self-pitying threads like this, rather than go out and enjoy life. :razz:
  • Options
    I can't honestly think of a bad thing to say about being single.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Another bad thing about being single... You feel the need to make self-pitying threads like this, rather than go out and enjoy life. :razz:

and reading into them is just as bad :razz: