Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls Aloud v Sugarbabes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Doing walk this way = :confused: x :lol: = :sour: .
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    my gay friend was raving about it but I can't help but compare it to the original which thus makes me wanna remove the girls vocal chords.
  • Options
    my gay friend was raving about it but I can't help but compare it to the original which thus makes me wanna remove the girls vocal chords.

:lol:
  • Options
    They've ruined a classic. :(
  • Options
    I quite like it.

But then. I quite like it because A) I've never really listened to the original and B) I first heard it while completely sloshed and dancing with my friend, so it now reminds me of that night.

Ahh it's for charity anyway, it'll be gone soon :)
  • Options
    My fave two groups in the world so it's all good :thumb:

Waaaaay better than the original by rubber face and his cohorts IMO.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    My fave two groups in the world so it's all good :thumb:

Waaaaay better than the original by rubber face and his cohorts IMO.

Joke yah.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    So bad.

I hope it was a joke for comic relief rather than a serious release :(
  • Options
    I just hope they meet some day and kill each other, except Nadine and Ashlie Cole turn to gay and ...someone to tell me to shut up! :lol:
  • Options
    not heard it, but i can imagine how awful it is.
  • Options
    Joke yah.

Nah, I just think for myself.

Jesus folks, since when was the Comic Releif song supposed to be a masterpiece? Does nobody remember Stonk in the 90's?

Both Girls Aloud and Sugababes release good pop tunes and have had relative longeivity, I was hoping for a collaboration soon enough. I think they could have picked a better song or something that wasn't a cover, but oh well.

Point is it'll sell loads and raise loads for charity, which = a good thing.
  • Options
    They've ruined a classic. :(

:yes: I've never heard of either of these groups but the sounds of the names leads me to believe that you are correct.

Really, nobody should remake it. Its a great song.
  • Options

Jesus folks, since when was the Comic Releif song supposed to be a masterpiece? Does nobody remember Stonk in the 90's?

Both Girls Aloud and Sugababes release good pop tunes and have had relative longeivity, I was hoping for a collaboration soon enough. I think they could have picked a better song or something that wasn't a cover, but oh well.

Completely true. I :heart: both bands but as I said I keep comparing it to the original. If I didn't I'm sure I'd love it.
  • Options
    Steady on here people... The orginal wasnt that good, so its not like they ruined anything that could be ruined.
  • Options
    Its makes me laugh. Its just awful, but then Comic relief singles tend to be crap anyway.
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    Steady on here people... The orginal wasnt that good, so its not like they ruined anything that could be ruined.

:shocking: I think the original is fantastic.

It's pretty unoffensive crap. But I'm not planning on buying it and the radio stations I listen to won't be playing it so... I'm not bothered. Can't fault it since it's for charity, really.
  • Options
    I still didnt think the original was anything special. But this is for charity so hurray for them

also, wasnt that spice girls comic relief single pretty good, better then the boyzone one in any case.
  • Options
    Not a fantastic song to begin with.

The original Aerosmith one was quite good, the remix with Run DMC was ok but I can't imagine the newer version is any good.

Best rap / metal collaboration ever - Anthrax and Public Enemy - Bring Da Noise
  • Options

:eek2:

I'd rather buy 5 red nose than that cd
  • Options
    Heard it on the radio and thought it was shite, not too fond of the original either.

Though they both are pretty good pop acts.
  • Options
    I haven't heard it but I love Girls Aloud, absolute stunners :yes:
  • Options
    I'd definately do the sex with girls aloud, mmmmmmm.
  • Options
    CheeseonToast - Hahaha! Have you read what this thread's about?

Bugger. I didn't do the quote thingy *face/palm*

Personally I think they ruined a classic, it makes me shudder and I change the radiostation whenever I hear it, I know it's for charity but dear God, why???
    The funniest response I've heard so far to it is "Steve Tyler must be turning in his grave" lmao, poor bloke, I know he looks like a skeleton but he isn't one yet!
    Whoever said they'd rather buy five red noses than the single was right, heartily agree with you.
  • Options
    Well, I read the odd post here and there, and thought I would have my own take on it lol.:chin: :naughty:
  • Options
    Well, I read the odd post here and there, and thought I would have my own take on it lol.:chin: :naughty:

lol, see your point. They're not exactly classy but they're still hot ... and better looking than the Sugababes, for the most part.
  • Options
    lol, see your point. They're not exactly classy but they're still hot ... and better looking than the Sugababes, for the most part.

I don't want to do the sex with classy!

lol

Agreed re sugababes.
  • Options
    I was trying to avoid it.

Then I saw an advert for RND on the TV while I was eating my dinner, which had the stupid thing as background music.

I almost cried :(.
  • Options
    I found it hillarious!

Of course it's a load of shit, but they're still hot and it is for charity so what's the problem.
  • Options
    Brilliant song gone to hell cos of this lot. I cringed
  • Options
    Just seen the video for this (and heard it for the first time). Jesus. This version sucks. The two "bands" suck. A big part of reason the Aerosmith/Run DMC one worked so well was because artists with two entirely different styles of music made it work. The start of the video with the two artists trying to out-do each other, and the progression to the breaking down of the wall and the eventual dancing together on stage symbolic of them overcoming the obvious difference in musical style and finding a way to do this. This is COMPLETELY lost in the Sugababes/Girls Aloud version. The two groups sound pretty much the same anyway; lowest common denominator, cheesy girl band pop. There IS no difference in musical style between the two. They appeal to exactly the same audience; something which Run DMC and Aerosmith did not. Hell, there isn't even a difference in the girls' fashion sense. If, like me, you don't know which girls are in which band, you can't tell them apart in the video. Shit, they might as well be the same band.

Some of you are right; the original wasn't that good. The one with Run DMC was though, which wasn't the original.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Just seen the video for this (and heard it for the first time). Jesus. This version sucks. The two "bands" suck. A big part of reason the Aerosmith/Run DMC one worked so well was because artists with two entirely different styles of music made it work. The start of the video with the two artists trying to out-do each other, and the progression to the breaking down of the wall and the eventual dancing together on stage symbolic of them overcoming the obvious difference in musical style and finding a way to do this. This is COMPLETELY lost in the Sugababes/Girls Aloud version. The two groups sound pretty much the same anyway; lowest common denominator, cheesy girl band pop. There IS no difference in musical style between the two. They appeal to exactly the same audience; something which Run DMC and Aerosmith did not. Hell, there isn't even a difference in the girls' fashion sense. If, like me, you don't know which girls are in which band, you can't tell them apart in the video. Shit, they might as well be the same band.

Some of you are right; the original wasn't that good. The one with Run DMC was though, which wasn't the original.

THANKYOU!!