Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How Many Times Have You Turned Down Sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I believe I've only turned down a blatent offer of sex once in my life - i.e. girl said parents are away for the weekend, etc.

Main reason being the girl was in my class at Uni and I didn't fancy having a one night stand with someone I was gonna run into 5 times a week for the next 2 or 3 years.

Comments

• Options
    Myabe once for me too.....I started seeing this bloke...really fancied him....we got on well.....first time I had sex with him, the whole time I was thinking "wtf????!!!!" He had the weirdest rhythm I'd EVER known!!!

Would go at it like a pneumatic drill for a couple of mins at a time, then stop for a couple of minutes (literally MINUTES at a time), then go at it again...he seemed to think we'd had a great time.....:confused: needless to say, turned it down next time he offered!!! :lol:
  • Options
    I believe I've only turned down a blatent offer of sex once in my life - i.e. girl said parents are away for the weekend, etc.

Main reason being the girl was in my class at Uni and I didn't fancy having a one night stand with someone I was gonna run into 5 times a week for the next 2 or 3 years.

That's a poor excuse lol!

Im not sure but lets say i can count it on one finger or less.....
  • Options
    More than 30 I'll bet. All from two guys though, so I don't suppose they all count.

One was a boyfriend at the time, and very demanding in that department so it put me off the entire thing. The other was a sexually frustrated mate, who decided he absolutely had to lose his virginity, and that I was the girl to take it. I did him a favour and declined. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Not counting when in relationships and faking a headache etc., twice. Once because I was at my time of the month so we did other shexual stuff instead, so I'm not even sure if that counts.

The other time I brought a guy back to mine and he made me feel really uncomfortable, so I kicked him out.
  • Options
    Not counting when in relationships and faking a headache etc., twice. Once because I was at my time of the month so we did other shexual stuff instead, so I'm not even sure if that counts.

The other time I brought a guy back to mine and he made me feel really uncomfortable, so I kicked him out.

Lol, thats once for sure !!
  • Options
    3-4 times, all different people.
  • Options
    never. only slept with my ex, she turned me down on many an occasion though :(:lol:
  • Options
    With partners I have never refused sex.
    With others I have refused sex loads and loads of times. But I've also said yes a lot ;)
  • Options
    Strangely i get propositioned a lot and apart from the odd time i always turn it down. Must make me a nun or something although the nickname i have is ice maiden so i suppose people have cottoned onto this one. Unfortunately made a rod for my own back as now some of the blokes have decided that i must be fighting my feelings or something and deep down really want to sleep with them. :chin: If someone came along that wasn't a scutbag/man whore/married man then i might think about it. Unfortunately most of the men round here are one of the three (some even all three).
  • Options
    I think I turned it down about 10 times at least.

I have too many mingers coming at me. :yuck:
  • Options
    Countless
  • Options
    Twice blatent offers of sex, but also a few offers to come back to hers. They might've wanted to have sex, they might've wanted to show me their CD collection, but I didn't stick around and find out.
  • Options
    I dont think i have had any offers. must be my looks or something!! lol
  • Options
    Quite a few actually, dont really know why..probably just didnt feel like shagging them at the time. Happened last night in fact lol
  • Options
    Countless times.

And im glad
  • Options
    im not sure ive ever turned it down in a situation that would lead to sex there and then, im only human (or male more specifically) after all!

Had some suggestive texts and drunken flirting when im out, which ive often made nothing of.
  • Options
    cappsie wrote: »
    Like Billy Crystal said "Women need a reason to have sex, men only need a place"

my reason being, i actually need to be attracted to the man first
  • Options
    In a relationship I've turned it down if I don't feel like it, but that's not quite the same thing.

turned down a couple of girls who were clearly gagging for it, which was just as well as they turned out to be nutjobs.
  • Options
    There have been cases where I've been kissing a girl who is blatantly legless and I could have sex with her if I wanted but decide not to.
  • Options
    cappsie wrote: »
    I don't know her - STD/STi - nuff said.

Yes, because you can always tell if the people you know have STIs. Its the ones you don't know that you have to watch out for.
  • Options
    In relationships I very rarely say no- in fact I cant remember ever doing that. Randoms who proposition me though- thats a different matter! So I guess I do turn it down but only for the right reasons. Check me out!
  • Options
    What?!

I either:

1. Spend too long begging for it.
    and/or
    2. Pay too much for it.

to turn around and refuse it once it's out there!!
  • Options
    Lots of times as I find freaky men come on to me a lot.

Possibly a more interesting question (and more depressing) is how many times you've been turned down for sex?
  • Options
    I have no idea. I've had 2 people ask me for sex countless times.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Lots of times as I find freaky men come on to me a lot.

Possibly a more interesting question (and more depressing) is how many times you've been turned down for sex?

definatly more depressing! i'm fairly sure ive only turned down one guy, but i wish i had turned down a couple of the others! and iv been turned down twice. one went on to be my boyfriend, and the other went on to tell me he wished he hadnt said no!
  • Options
    Gawd knows how many times.

Us poor girls get farrrrr too many men asking for sex/coming onto us for sex/talking to us to get us into bed/etc.

The last time I turned it down was on Thursday. There was this guy who overheard me laughing with my friends. I was whinging going "I aint had sex since January" and this guy suddenly popped up grinning and he said "I aint had it since December". I was like "What the fuck? Where have you come from?" I got a few free drinks out of him though. Haha. Serves him right for assuming I'm easy.
  • Options
    a few times because i actually couldn't be arsed!
  • Options
    No idea, cant say I've ever remembered.
  • Options
    erm ive turned it down a few times.. cuz had better stuff 2 do and didnt feel like a shag.. :yes:
  • Options
    Several times. The amount of times i've said yes though sort of more than make up for it.