Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kill it, Cook it, Eat it!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Colgate Palmolive (who make the toothpaste) test on animals, although their toothpastes are veggie I think, if you give money to companies like Colgate you're funding cruelty.

BUAV link

Glaxo-Smithkline and Procter & Gamble are also bad.

Ethiscore report on toothpaste

Green People toothpaste is pretty good and it doesn't contain chemicals to make it foam.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Namaste wrote: »
    yeah but there's a difference between fighting a battle and not being a part of animal cruelty.

I'm sorry but being full aware of where everything you buy comes from is serious hard work. It's certainly something I don't have time for.
    I do try and make a note of it if I hear something is particularly dodgy, but otherwise I've got more selfish things to worry about.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    yeah but there's a difference between fighting a battle and not being a part of animal cruelty.

not being part of animal cruelty IS fighting a battle though, and it requires consciousness and responsibility as well as no small amount of effort. I'm not saying it makes me a good person, probably the opposite, but I am just ignoring nimal cruelty issues at the moment.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    not being part of animal cruelty IS fighting a battle though, and it requires consciousness and responsibility as well as no small amount of effort. I'm not saying it makes me a good person, probably the opposite, but I am just ignoring nimal cruelty issues at the moment.

I don't think it is, vegetarianism and veganism is not activism, it's compassionate and sustainable living. It could be considered a boycott, but I think that maybe promoting vegetarianism would be fighting a battle, or trying to brng companies down... Not abstaining from the products of slaughter.

It does require resonsibility to a degree, but I don't think it could be seen as the same as being an activist. Plus people are vegetarian for different reasons.