Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Running your own cafe

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mine would be filled with squishy armchairs and smoke and kitsch ashtrays and posters and bits and pieces everywhere with tasty italian coffee and an ever changing menu of tasty foods. bliss
  • Options
    Ohhh this is my dream! :hyper:

I'd have a lovely little quirky cafe. It wouldn't be all modern pine and stainless steel - oh no! It'd have loads of kitsch bits and retro stuff, nothing totally matching, those old poster tin things (Bisto, Coca Cola etc), local artists art work.. All that sort of thing. Out the back there'd be a little area/shop with some vintage clothes, stuff I'd done myself and all that. Downstairs in the basement type area would be where local bands could do gigs etc on certain nights of the week, and perhaps a monthly art exhibition of some of the local artists' artwork that was on the walls upstairs for sale. I'd call it something cute, straight to the point.. Like Yum or something. We'd do loads of nice smoothies, different teas, fair trade coffee, all that kinda thing. It would appeal to everyone :razz:

As you can see I haven't ever given this any thought or anything..

ETA: Grr, this thread is so old. I wondered when I flicked through the pages after replying why all the old posters were back. :|
  • Options
    If anyone's ever seen the cafe in River City, the inspiration from that comes from the cafe up the road from me. I'd have it like that, except roomier.
  • Options
    I wouldn't care as long as it made money. But with that in mind, I'd probably have something linked to a university campus, since the chances of a starbucks moving in next door would be pretty slim.