Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The birds and the bees

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I learnt about it at school and in magazines my parents didnt talk about it they rent very open about things like that
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    :lol: and welcome back Danny :D
    Alas, I fear not. I've borrowed my brother's computer for the afternoon. I'm not back permanently yet, but I've not forgotten about this place either. Thanks for the welcome back, however. :p
  • Options
    erm i learnt most stuff from my friends and only a bit at school-found out alot when i started having sex though-that was the biggest learning curve :banghead: :angel:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Oooo I learnt it all from this book! Finally found it

childhoodbookbl8.jpg
    :p

Does anyone else find it disturbing that on the front of that book - there is a naked man and woman and then thier cat?

Anyway I dont' ever remember being given the sex talk - my parents had a book similar to the one above and clearly always talked openly to me about sex and stuff. I think its proably better to get the sex talk over with your kids when they are really young before it gets embarrasing on all sides.

Other than that I made my mum buy me forever when I was about 10 and a learnt loads from that and then when we were in the first year we had the whole secret diary of laura palmer obsession - so we learnt more from that - specifically about 3sums etc.

I think from school i learnt about the different methords of contraception and STI's but that was much later. Incidentally do they still teach the rhythum methord in schools - because I seem to recall that being quite heavily promoted...