Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Festivals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who's going one this year and where are you going?

Im not goin one this year really wanna go one next year
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to the Arvika Festival in Sweden this July :D I went last summer as well and it was amazing- first camping festival experience and can't wait to go back again. http://www.arvikafestivalen.se/
  • Options
    Think I will go to the Glade festival. And maybe work at the secret garden festival. I tend to prefer the dance festivals abroad, nicer weather and stuff, but dunno if I can afford it this year.
  • Options
    Hopefully will go to Guilfest, as I can take the kids to that one.
  • Options
    Electric picnic....Brilliant:thumb:
  • Options
    I'm going tooooooooooo...

T In The Park
    Rockness
    Connect Music Festival
    Reading Festival
    Indian Summer

:D
  • Options
    how much is all that costin if u dont mind me askin?
  • Options
    reading probly, if tickets can be acquired ;p

can't really be arsed with any of the others... I reckon the reading lineup will be a bit shit this year but it's all fun anyway.
  • Options
    http://www.novarock.at/

that's the line-up. 3 days long. 80euro. (~50 quid)

Anyone of you going? It's in Austria. Pays off coming I reckon.
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    how much is all that costin if u dont mind me askin?

T In The Park - 125quid
    Rockness - 100quid
    Connect Music Festival - 120quid I think?
    Reading Festival - 140quid if I remember..?
    Indian Summer - 90 quid

• Options
    Bloody hell Becky, wanna throw some of that cash my way? :razz:

Anyway, Reading all the way, innit!

I wanna go to Give it a Name aswell this year (if you class that as a festival).. the line up is amazing! Probably can't afford it though, so may just by a day ticket.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    T In The Park - 125quid
    Rockness - 100quid
    Connect Music Festival - 120quid I think?
    Reading Festival - 140quid if I remember..?
    Indian Summer - 90 quid

bargain if you ask me.

many people spend less than all that put together on one crappy holiday, but this way all your summer is sorted out and you get to see loads of fab bands too.

Mind you, festivals are more than just the ticket price I guess.
  • Options
    I wanna go to Give it a Name aswell this year (if you class that as a festival).. the line up is amazing! Probably can't afford it though, so may just by a day ticket.
    I'm hopefully going to GIAN festival... although it's not really a festival....
  • Options
    bargain if you ask me.

many people spend less than all that put together on one crappy holiday, but this way all your summer is sorted out and you get to see loads of fab bands too.

Mind you, festivals are more than just the ticket price I guess.

Exactly, mate. :D
  • Options
    I'm going to All Tomorrow's Parties this year. Should be good fun, not least because it's in Butlin's :D

the only festival i want to go to.

still gutted i didn't go last year, and won't be going to ATP vs the Fans. that looks amazing.
  • Options
    The line up for Download looks pretty good this year, cant afford it though. :grump:
  • Options
    Oxegen (hopefully)
    Electric Picnic
  • Options
    The line up for Download looks pretty good this year, cant afford it though. :grump:

I know!!
    I was wanting to go and just strap the baby in a papoose and stick to nearer the back, but they dont allow anyone under 8 in, so thats a bit of a shame.

A lot of the others dont recommend children as there isnt good facilities, but they still leave the end decision up to you :grump:
  • Options
    Sanctuary festival i reckon... :D
  • Options
    I know!!
    I was wanting to go and just strap the baby in a papoose and stick to nearer the back, but they dont allow anyone under 8 in, so thats a bit of a shame.

A lot of the others dont recommend children as there isnt good facilities, but they still leave the end decision up to you :grump:

I can see why they dont recommend three day long festivals for children, especially download. Appartently the toliets where filthy by Saturday luchtime last year. Just think in few years time you'll be able to take them.
  • Options
    I know, ive been to festivals before, but I would never take a kid to something like that on a weekend ticket or camping.
    It would either be a hotel in the area and no camping, or a day ticket on the best day.
    Cant even do that though.

As I said, gonna try and do Guilfest instead as Ive been before and its family friendly, the toilets actually flush and get cleaned regularly and they open up the leisure centre nearby for showers!!
  • Options
    Shall hopefully be working Oxegen, and going to Electric Picnic.

Daft Punk = :heart:
  • Options
    Halloween wrote: »

:thumb:

One of the main reasons why I wanna go to oxegen this year. That and the endless supply of craic and madness in the campsite.
  • Options
    Now don't you be expectin any free pints lol.

I'm so excited, never been to a proper camp out, live in your own filth festival before. Cannay wait :hyper:
  • Options
    Hopefully Benicassim and Secret Garden Party :)
  • Options

Me neither and EVANESCENCE are gonna be there :crying:

However, I shall see them when they next tour which will probably be around that date (as they will be in England) so its all ok :)
  • Options

Not surprised, I've just bought my boyfriend his ticket, and I'm now officially broke. He's looking forward to it though. I want to go just to see Evanescence but I'll settle for him ringing me when they're on :D
  • Options
    Halloween wrote: »
    Shall hopefully be working Oxegen, and going to Electric Picnic.

meh they just rip samples from other ppl n make money from it :/ don't think theyve written anything original.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Not surprised, I've just bought my boyfriend his ticket, and I'm now officially broke. He's looking forward to it though. I want to go just to see Evanescence but I'll settle for him ringing me when they're on :D

Haha, yay for you liking Evanescence :heart:

At the last concert I went to, Amy told us that the band was coming back this year. They are doing a worldwide tour at the moment and their last date at the minute is the 1st of May. My best guess is that they will be doing their UK tour around the time of that festival because they will be in the country. I can't wait :hyper: I can't wait to see them again, for the third time.
  • Options
    My best guess is that they will be doing their UK tour around the time of that festival because they will be in the country. I can't wait :hyper: I can't wait to see them again, for the third time.

Ahhh, I hope so. I saw them on their first UK tour, couldn't go to the second as no job + bills equalled no money haha. The first tour was ace though :D I've told Chris unless he goes and sees them at Download for me I'm not giving him the ticket.
  • Options
    me and violette are going to leeds i reckon. if we get tickets!

am well excited because I've never been to a festival before...I've always been working abroad for the past 3 summers, but this year I'll be in good old england.