Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Giving up Cocaine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've decided on something I've been thinking about for some time now, I'm going to give up coke. I've let it run my life for too long now and although I've never really admitted it I've always known I have a problem with it. I want to be able to be happy and have a good time without it, you know? I don't really know what I expect people to post in this thread but I just needed to get stuff off my chest. I think about this stuff every day, I go to sleep thinking about it, I dream about it.
It's funny thinking about it, how much power some powder can have over a person.
Has anyone else given it up or given another drug up that they were addicted to? Any help would be really great cheers, I don't really know what to do with myself at the moment.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Is this comedown talk?
  • Options
    No I'm being serious.
  • Options
    well its probably a good idea if you find that coke is taking over your train of thought and its all you can think about sometimes...there is a lot more to life than that...so good luck with it:thumb:
  • Options
    Avoid all the things you associate with cocaine use. The clubs, the pubs, the street that your dealer lives on, the people you used with etc.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Avoid all the things you associate with cocaine use. The clubs, the pubs, the street that your dealer lives on, the people you used with etc.

For me, this would be the hardest part.
    I like to think i could knock the coke on the head relatively easily - but the pubs, clubs & mates associated to it is a different story. That side of it is like walking away from the majority of ya social life.

Tough. Just outta interest, how much are you doing atm pill'ed- on say a weekly basis?
  • Options
    the only thing I have ever been addicted to is nicotine, so I cant relate too much. Although its a bitch to give up lol (end of march i'm stoppng completely!)

Aint got much else to say apart from good luck with it all mate, hope it goes well. I think Blagsta's advice is the best way to go about it!
  • Options
    I gave up cocaine and crack cocaine a year ago (on March 6th, i'll be one year clean from those 2, woo). I was coming off of other drugs as well, and the only thing i had regarding the cocaine was psychological cravings, which have gone away over time (i find myself rarely thinking about or wanting coke anymore).

Blagsta hit the nail on the head, and it is really really hard. Even now a night feels a bit empty when i go out because i'm not using substances. If i was still associating with people who are using, or even caning it with alcohol, i think i'd be back on it to be honest. For me, most of the time, alcohol went arm in arm with cocaine.

I had to take a long hard look at whether i wanted to party until i dropped or actually take some responsibility in my life and sort myself out.

I admire you for trying to give it up, it isn't an easy feat, but the rewards are worth it. Good luck!
  • Options
    Luckily I have a group of mates who hardly toutch the white stuff except on special occaisions and a couple of others who are bang on it. Cheers everyone, I guess I'm going to have to just avoid them at all costs. They need help themselves though.

Deceelpol, I've been having on/off binges for the last few years. Like a couple of years ago I was on 1 or 2 grams every week then I'd go through 1 gram a month, but whatever I always planned on getting more sometime soon. Recently I've been buying it and instead of having one good night on it every week or whatever, I've been keeping it and like trying to save it so I can have like a line or two every day until I can afford some more. Then, as you probably know, that line or two a day depresses you and turns into a few more which means I have to fork out more money which I can't afford to get some more when I need it for other far more important things.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I'm going to give up coke.
    Thanks.

I think that's a good idea mate.

Look what happen to Justin Hawkins, He's in Eurovision now, I don't want to see that happen to You!!
  • Options
    I think that's a good idea mate.

Look what happen to Justin Hawkins, He's in Eurovision now, I don't want to see that happen to You!!

It already is happening mate, I'm going to be singing for Croatia. I've already got people creating me a cheesy electronic remix of the Croatian national anthem with a few female folk singers in the background with lots of facial hair, wearing leather, clapping and shouting "Ay! Ay! Ay! Ay!"
  • Options
    It already is happening mate, I'm going to be singing for Croatia. I've already got people creating me a cheesy electronic remix of the Croatian national anthem with a few female folk singers in the background with lots of facial hair, wearing leather, clapping and shouting "Ay! Ay! Ay! Ay!"

Damn You Gorjan.
  • Options
    im just going to say good luck pill'd.... :heart:
  • Options
    Good Luck Matey
  • Options
    you can do this...

hey pill'ed,

I gave up the white stuff one month and 2 days ago:yippe: , my friends cannot believe it as i was such a cainer!!! i was the one who always had a bit - without fail.

its tough, the first week off i had withdrawal - properly felt ill!!! :yuck: :yuck: like flu but more internal (sounds nuts but i can't explain it properly any other way) but once i was past the first 10 days its been so much easier.

i had the big test this last weekend - saw a mate who was doing it right in front of me - but looking at the state :no: of him reminded me why i had to keep control of it. i am so glad i have done this!!! you will be too i am sure.

:thumb: you are doing the right thing - once its clear from your system you will feel on top of the world - good luck!!! i am rooting for you :D

butterfly
    x
  • Options
    hey pill'ed,

I gave up the white stuff one month and 2 days ago:yippe: , my friends cannot believe it as i was such a cainer!!! i was the one who always had a bit - without fail.

its tough, the first week off i had withdrawal - properly felt ill!!! :yuck: :yuck: like flu but more internal (sounds nuts but i can't explain it properly any other way) but once i was past the first 10 days its been so much easier.

i had the big test this last weekend - saw a mate who was doing it right in front of me - but looking at the state :no: of him reminded me why i had to keep control of it. i am so glad i have done this!!! you will be too i am sure.

:thumb: you are doing the right thing - once its clear from your system you will feel on top of the world - good luck!!! i am rooting for you :D

butterfly
    x

I've been trying to take my mind off it by playing games and stuff and I just CAN'T concentrate on them. I've still got a line's worth left and that's driving me nuts. I think I might just throw it away... :shocking:
  • Options
    hey pill'ed,

butterfly
    x

I doubt very much you will feel like this mate. I can't imagine you having any physical sideeffects from giving up (except for your nose will be in a better state) - just the temptation/psychological side of things that will be most testing -as you know.

It's definetely not a case of "once it's out your system you'll be sound". Pill'ed and anyother coke user will know the hard part is the will power to stay away from the dealer, refuse that line at a party etc.

Bet it will feel weird not slipping off to the pub toilets etc but after you break the habit it will get easier (and hopefully stop dreamin about it lol)
  • Options
    I've been trying to take my mind off it by playing games and stuff and I just CAN'T concentrate on them. I've still got a line's worth left and that's driving me nuts. I think I might just throw it away... :shocking:

Mate you know you need to chuck that line away lol.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »

Lol I know... :crying:
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »

Yeah, having that line around is going to drive you up the wall...

don't even think about what your doing, just take it now and get rid of it!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Yeah, having that line around is going to drive you up the wall...

don't even think about what your doing, just take it now and get rid of it!

True

It's like me with ciggerettes, if i had a ciggie in the house now I would smoke it. Im a sucker for temptation. Get rid of the coke or it will drive you up the wall mate :thumb:

Good luck
  • Options
    I think I might just throw it away... :shocking:

Feed it to the birds (but only if they shat on Your car).
  • Options
    I flushed it down the toilet! :)
    Lol can't believe I just did that!
  • Options
    I flushed it down the toilet! :)
    Lol can't believe I just did that!

You will feel better for it in the long run mate! Its a step in the right direction :thumb:
  • Options
    deceelpool
    well i know its not easy as i am going through it at the moment but am trying to stay positive - i did feel ill when i quit and i do feel great now - so i am looking onwards and upwards...

pill'ed
    well done chucking that lines worth - keep it up! :)
  • Options
    good luck mate. it will be so hard at first but stick at it.
  • Options
    Yer good look mate try be strong as you can and just say NO! But we know it aint as easy as that:no:

Iv got a mate who cart go anywere without it i always tell him to stop taking it so much started to do my head in when i always turn around and hes got his nose in a bag not like it really does it to him to me. I would prob take it alot more but i always think i can spend £35 on something better or just stick to my pills.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, it's going ok at the moment, rejected a phone call from a certain person earlier today and I'm just trying to not even think about it. Got two party's to go to this weekend though, that's gonna be hard! I'm just going to have to drink so much alcohol and take so many E's that I forget Cocaine even exists. lol
  • Options
    I'm just going to have to drink so much alcohol and take so many E's that I forget Cocaine even exists. lol

Thats what i do, replace one vice with another :D

Remember temptation is a bastard! :yes: So try and keep out temptations why.

Have a good one though :thumb:
  • Options
    Cheers guys, it's going ok at the moment, rejected a phone call from a certain person earlier today and I'm just trying to not even think about it. Got two party's to go to this weekend though, that's gonna be hard! I'm just going to have to drink so much alcohol and take so many E's that I forget Cocaine even exists. lol

That would be my advice!!
    Get trashed!
  • Options
    I think the only way to get off it is to stop all mind altering substances including alcohol because as soon as you are pissed or pilled up etc you wont give a fuck about the fact you are supposed to be quitting and you will just have a line probably even buy a g. I've been trying for ages to stop and I STILL keep on doing it. Every week I promise I wont and it always ends up happening or if I'm lucky I might go one week but never any more than two weeks max.
    Once the weekend comes all the reasons I had why I knew I needed to stop go out the window.
    I don't want to sound negative though and I hope it goes really well for you - if it does please let me in on your secret!