Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Global Gathering 2007

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just wondering if anyones planning on going? Not been to one yet and think i'm going this year, if last years line up is anything to go by .. fooook me! :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I've always thought about going. How much are tickets?
  • Options
    Well just had a quick look .. early bird tickets, for the whole weekend including camping is £112.50. But think later on you can get tickets for just Friday or Saturday, but i dont see the point in that. If your gonna go, go for the whole weekend :D
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    but i dont see the point in that. If your gonna go, go for the whole weekend :D

Yeah blatantly, it's like Reading or any festival like that, it's the whole experience.
  • Options
    yeah, probably going for the weekend.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    yeah, probably going for the weekend.

Wooo :D, can't find the line up for this year yet though.
  • Options
    I thought you could only go for the weekend at global? some lads i know went last year and loved it. i might think about going actually but then i said i'd go to glastonbury this year..
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I thought you could only go for the weekend at global? some lads i know went last year and loved it. i might think about going actually but then i said i'd go to glastonbury this year..
    U can go for just the day.

Haven't been here since it pissed it down and i was covered in mud.
    Now I go to Holland's fesitvels - they know how to party plus they have fantastic weather.
  • Options

Nah im pretty sure you can choose to go just to Friday or Saturdays line ups .. some people are wimps thats why. Think im gonna go now :D woooo
  • Options
    i might think about going actually but then i said i'd go to glastonbury this year..

Lol I know, it's a bitch trying to decide where you wanna go. I've said I'd go to Reading festival with a couple of mates, Hardcore Til I Die in the Sun with some others and I'd also quite like to check out Global...
    Wish I had more fucking money
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Hardcore Til I Die in the Sun
    it's on at the same time as Defqon1 - I'm torn!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    it's on at the same time as Defqon1 - I'm torn!

lol! There's just too much choice... I'd like to go to Innovation in the sun aswell.
  • Options
    Last years Global was supposed to be good...

The accelerated culture line up this year does look pretty good :chin:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

I've been to both and I would definitely rate Glastonbury over Global - although both are amazing.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    I've been to both and I would definitely rate Glastonbury over Global - although both are amazing.

In what way? I'd prefer the music at Global but I know I'd still have a laugh with my mates at Glastonbury.
  • Options
    In what way? I'd prefer the music at Global but I know I'd still have a laugh with my mates at Glastonbury.

I just prefer the atmosphere at Glastonbury, the sheer range of music and other entertainment. I also camped in the dance field at Glastonbury and while it's not Global line-up, it's still damn impressive.
  • Options
    I think its hard to compare Glastonbury and Global though (I have been to neither so I'm just going from what I see)

Someone who is huge in to dance music and doesn't like bands isn't going to enjoy Glastonbury, where as someone who hates dance music isn't really going to enjoy Global...

Personally I like both, but Global musically still appeals to me slightly more.

and obviously I suppose the atmosphere does have just as big an impact as the music, so I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Also at global I get the feeling most people are gona be on pills/coke wheras glastonbury seems more about the beer and weed. And I prefer the former :razz:
  • Options
    you do pills and coke?
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    I went to Global Gathering way back in 2002. Flew over from Ireland with my mate for it - that's dedication kids!

It was fucking amazing. Hottest weather of the year that weekend too. It was sweet lying out on the grass during the day in the sunshine with the music blasting out around you from the different tents.

Sundissential tent, how I loved you.

I'm getting all nostalgic now.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Sundissential tent, how I loved you.

When it gets to midnight and all the pussy heads food off - that's when the music gets sick!
  • Options
    :yes:

I never knew.....

not surprising tho I guess, all the pretty, youngm succesful, city dwellers do it.
  • Options
    Also at global I get the feeling most people are gona be on pills/coke wheras glastonbury seems more about the beer and weed. And I prefer the former :razz:

I thought people that went to Glastonbury did loads of acid and shit aswell.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Glastonbury is the ultimate festival.
    I've been to Homelands, Global and Creamfields and nothing really comes close. Even for you dance fanatics like me.

Glastonbury's special.

West Fest Festival looks good though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    West Fest Festival looks good though.

That's only a 1 night thing though isnt it?

I was ment to be going to the last one, was going to stay with my Aunt as she used to own a pub / inn in Shepton mallet... but she sold it a couple of weeks before the event and by then it was a pain sorting anything out...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    JamesZero wrote: »
    That's only a 1 night thing though isnt it?

Sorry I meant The Sanctuary festival not West Fest.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Glastonbury's special.

:yes: tis true.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Wooo :D, can't find the line up for this year yet though.

The line up is announced at the end of March.

Went for one day last year, aiming to go for the weekend this time, should definately be worth it. Quality stuff:D
  • Options
    Yeah. Its being announced at Godskitchen when Eddie Halliwells playing. I shall be there!!! :D
  • Options
    :hyper: Cant wait ..:hyper: Eddie on Saturday :hyper: