Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

People who put the lid down in public toilets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is someone at my work who puts the lids down in the toilets. It's so gross. I put the lid down at home but never in public/work toilets, as it forces people to touch the germ infested lid.

Do you put the lid down in public loos? I hate public loos...there always seems to be pubes on the seat. Ugh.

Comments

• Options
    I hate public loos too. And no... never put the lid down. It is a bit horrid. :yuck:
  • Options
    Who gives a fuck?

I just piss, as for you females, ha tough luck, nature hates yas!
  • Options
    I wouldn't touch the lid. 2-3 seat covers barely make it useable. Even if I'm the first one in after the cleaning crew :p
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Who gives a fuck?

I just piss, as for you females, ha tough luck, nature hates yas!

:lol: Ha, that made me laugh!
  • Options
    my_name, when I was in the USA, the seat covers you could get everywhere cracked me up. I had never seen them before. They don't really exist here.

On the camp though, we had stinky "portapotties"...I couldn't believe people actually called toilets "potties"!
  • Options
    I wouldn't in a public toilet, not a chance. I did in the toilets where I used to clean, but unfortunetly that was part of my job.

We don't have a lid on our toilet at home, because while fitting the bathroom, my Dad dropped a hammer and it cracked :yeees: I do at peoples houses, though I've never thought to in a public loo.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have a thing about public toilets. I hate hate hate them. Never put the lid down. I just always want to get out as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    If I went in a public toilet and the lid was down, i wouldnt use it unless i was really desperate, just in case I lifted the lid up and someone hadnt flushed properly or something :yuck:
    I dont care about the germs as much, cos i can wash my hands afterwards, and i quite often carry a small pack of wetwipes in my bag to wipe things like toilet seats.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    my_name, when I was in the USA, the seat covers you could get everywhere cracked me up. I had never seen them before. They don't really exist here.

On the camp though, we had stinky "portapotties"...I couldn't believe people actually called toilets "potties"!

:Lol: Potties are awsome :D

What do your seat covers look like then or what do you use, or does everybody hover :p? Make me cultural. Though I hate it when they are out and you have to use like half a roll of toilet paper to cover, it always falls around.

Oh, I saw a truck with some portapotties last summer, the company name Oui Oui and the slogan was go oui oui with us :D
  • Options
    The thing I don't like about public toilets is having to touch the taps again to turn them off, and the door handle on the way out because they've both been touched by dirty hands, and you have just washed yours.

Oh and when hand driers don't work properly, or not at all. I hate leaving if my hands are still wet, I'm awful!
  • Options
    if I have to sit on a public toilet I usually cover it with toilet paper as I do find them disgusting.
  • Options
    I don't like public toilets either but sometimes you have to use them.
  • Options
    I hate using public loos. I've never really thought about the toilet seat being down.. I'd never do it like, but if I needed the toilet and the seat was down it wouldn't stop me using it. After all, you wash your hands rid of germs after you've been anyway :thumb:
  • Options
    Public loos are okay over here, there much, much worse on the continent. I still have nightmares from when I went to Lille in December.
  • Options
    I hate public toilets.

I hover over them when I'm having a wazz! :lol:
  • Options
    Ugh, ugh, ugh. I hate public toilets with a passion. And the doors! Why on earth do you push them to go in, but have to grab a germ infested handle to get out again?! Anyway. I always put the seat down if I'm a house, but I never do if I'm in a public toilet. And I hover :p
  • Options
    it makes me laugh how much people don't want to touch/sit on a toilet.

Yet when you are using a cash point or just handling MONEY, there are exactly the same proportion of disgusting germs!

Every shop door you touch, button in the lift, cash points(I hate them) even chip and pin things now in store.. when you use their pen to sign for something, etc etc, its all disgusting really.
  • Options
    Every shop door you touch, button in the lift, cash points(I hate them) even chip and pin things now in store.. when you use their pen to sign for something, etc etc, its all disgusting really.

Lets not even mention peanuts and bar snacks available in bowls at pubs...
  • Options
    I sit on them happily. But don't like lifting the lid up in case theres some big turd in there. Will put the lid down after as well, it's just second nature.

Men's loos are really disgusting though, it seems a lot of men don't know how to flush. And why do so many guys always go for a pee in the cubicles instead of the urinals? :confused:
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote: »
    Lets not even mention peanuts and bar snacks available in bowls at pubs...

They're not allowed to do that anymore..
  • Options
    They're not allowed to do that anymore..
    Shows how long since I've bothered to check then! :p

Wasn't there a survey done once on that sort of thing?
  • Options
    it makes me laugh how much people don't want to touch/sit on a toilet.

Yet when you are using a cash point or just handling MONEY, there are exactly the same proportion of disgusting germs!

Yeah, but most the time my vagina doesn't go anywhere near those things. And you can wash your hands almsot anywhere or have waterless hand sanitaizers with you, pulling your pants down and doing the same anywhere would be more embaressing.
  • Options
    Public toilets don't both me at all, but I'm filthy and from Wales.

If you think our toilets are bad, you should see the ones in Nepal.

Squat, do your business then use your index and middle fingers to... *ahem* clean yourself.

This was in our upmarket hotel

A lot more hygenic apparently.
  • Options
    Have to say, in Thailand the toilets in the airport were immaculate. Black marble surface with white marble floor (may have just been an effect but looked the biz), everything polished and ready to go :D.
  • Options
    Thank God everything here including public loos are immaculately clean, we have seat cover which are enough (since after everyother person the cleaning lady goes in).

But if i'm in England or America, i tend to put the hand sanitizer on the seat and wipe it with a wetwipe (in case i for some reason need to sit on it). Worst thing is if you poo and you get a splash of water hit your arse....that is the reason i dont poo in public loos anymore.

Oh and the far-east (thailand, singapore, malaysia and japan) all have pretty clean toilets...definetly cleaner than the UK.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Public toilets don't both me at all, but I'm

This was in our upmarket hotel

A lot more hygenic apparently.

How?! What?! I'd rather piss myself than use that eugh..

Most public loos around my area are cleaned hourly. I don't have issues with sitting down on one. It's not as if i'm going to rub my bits over the seat ffs! It's only really my thighs that touch the seat itself. If the seats up i'll use a bit of toilet paper to act as a barrier when i pull it down and often the same to flush the handle. Thats just because i'm a germ freak though, i worry about not having clean enough hands (even after washing) and giving myself something nasty if i bite my nails. As my thighs don't come into contact with my mouth and i wash daily i'd happily use a (clean) public loo.
  • Options
    Don't you just hate it when you have a bad stomach and you HAVE to go, and there's no way you can get home to the safety of your own toilet, and the seat has been pissed all over and there's about two pieces of toilet paper left? Why does that seem to happen more often than it should? :eek2:
  • Options
    People do at work, i just grab some loo roll to pick it up
  • Options
    you are just going to shit in there, you don't have to lick it clean or marry the fucking toilet.

Do you think your hands are any better if you wipe your front or arse? There is running water and soap present, don't be such a "EWWWW PEEING IS GROSS"-girl.
  • Options
    its the smell that puts people off i think