Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

arghh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just reached a point where it feels that i just cant be bothered anymore with relationships. I mean it just feel like the person in question is wasting my time and to be honest it drains the energy out of you. Why dont people just be honest and say what they feel, instead of faffing around. Anyway mini rant over, i think i should become more cynical.

Does anyone else just reach this point where you basically just cant be arsed anymore/?

Comments

• Options
    I have before. In one relationship we just argued all the time and he always had to be right, regardless of whether he was or not. It was draining going to uni and being apart, being ranted out on the phone and only being in tears gave him any indication that it was wearing on me. It was a relief in a way to be out of it.

I feel your pain! Being single for a while definitely helped me be 'me' again!
  • Options
    oh hell yes! all the faffing about! gah!

Like the username by the way.
  • Options
    This was part of the reason I broke up with my ex - it wasn't working and while she claimed she wanted us to be together she seemed to be putting no effort in whatsoever - so it did just drain me totally and I needed to be on my own especially since my life at the time was pretty chaotic and stressful.

I also agree with your second point, I do wish people would just say what they feel - would make life so much easier!

• Options
    be careful what you wish for..i've been on both ends

sometimes a person has all emotions bottled up inside them and they feel that their partner wont understand

it would be great to be in one of those relationships where you can confess all but if they dont it simply means they think you might laugh and find it trivial/they dont want to hurt your feelings or their afraid if they do bear all and find YOUR not that into them that hurts 10 times more than keeping quiet- human beings are just weird that way
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    oh hell yes! all the faffing about! gah!

Like the username by the way.

Oh thank you. No what it is, its the initial stage trying to work out if someone likes you that just currently draining me. This person well shes dropped the hints she does like me i.e asking if im single etc but then you wont hear from her for a bit or she becomes cold, and basically im just sick of the games. She knows that im interested in her, but im just gonna leave it. Thats what i mean i cant be arsed with all the faffing around, if you like someone then just say. Oh also had a crap day today at work, but one more day left then freedom.
  • Options
    I'm just a cynical bitch after my last relationship now. I cant help it, he was a bullying bastard who treated me like crap and ruined my self confidence. Even though I've cut all ties with him and after a quite a few months of being single I'm still not ready for another relationship.