Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Next time we talk diving

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    Saw the clip, with the commentary, and he was caught outside the box. Even Andy Gray said he was caught, and I trust Andy Gray's opinion significantly more than yours.

*shrug*

HAHA! Please watch that clip again. Henry gets past the challenge but realises the ball is going out of play. Please don't try and pretend he does anything other than just fall to the ground under NO contact i.e. a dive. Just watch it! You're worse than Wenger. It's as blatant a no-contact dive as you'll see, and he automatically looks to the referee to appeal for a penalty.

Of course Andy Gray, like his other Sky colleagues would never accuse someone like Henry of diving. They have a reputation to keep, always better to sit on the fence, instead of dragging yourself into the debate, especially after only one viewing. It beggars belief that you can actually defend that blatant cheating, but crucify Ronaldo for much much less. Actually it doesn't beaggar belief, it confirms everything I already know.
  • Options
    I think he was caught, stayed up and then realised he'd lost the ball, and dived over. I think he does dive and cheat sometimes, but compared to someone like Ronaldo or Owen or Drogba he's nothing.

I think there was contact, Andy Gray thinks there was contact. I think he fell over when he wasn't going to get the ball, I don't think he "overbalanced".

The only one here who's got ants in his pants about cheating is the man who insists that he doesn't give a jot about Arsenal or Wenger or Henry. It's quite amusing really. At least I'm honest that I despise Manchester United Football Club and everything it represents.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I think he was caught, stayed up and then realised he'd lost the ball, and dived over. I think he does dive and cheat sometimes, but compared to someone like Ronaldo or Owen or Drogba he's nothing.
    Still, we keep seeing these claims without evidence (not that I expected any). When Ronaldo was 18 and immature he dived alot, but he's matured and grown up and has majorly cut it from his game. He still tumbles now and again and it's not acceptable but he'd draw you to the point that he's the most fouled and kicked player in the league.

I think there was contact, Andy Gray thinks there was contact. I think he fell over when he wasn't going to get the ball, I don't think he "overbalanced".
    Of course there's contact, outside the box, but he clearly takes a step past that, the ball's running out and he dives under NO contact. There's no contact when he dives. The prior contact before that is irrelevant. It's as blatant a dive as you'll see, much more blatant than alot of other dives this season.

The only one here who's got ants in his pants about cheating is the man who insists that he doesn't give a jot about Arsenal or Wenger or Henry. It's quite amusing really. At least I'm honest that I despise Manchester United Football Club and everything it represents.
    When did I say I don't give a jot? :confused: I quite clearly do give a jot, otherwise why would I bother arguing my point? I know you despise Manchester United, much like the others who are often very keen to give their opinions in threads like these. And it's exactly this hatred that means players like Ronaldo get singled out ahead of more prominent cheats (this season) like Henry, Eboue etc. And this is the reason the diving debate is pointless. People let their petty prejudices get in the way of objective reasoning. The fact Henry's dive has been defended proves that point exactly.
  • Options
    How fucking predictable this thread has become.

I post footage of Henry's blatant dive and suddenly it's all about Ronaldo. FFS people the footage speaks for itself.

NB There are also links to Ronaldo diving (and others by Henry), so this wasn't a straight forward Ronaldo is innocent campaign. He's a diver - not as often as before - and so is Henry. Face it, move on.

Besides, you have to admit that Henry's is a classic.
  • Options
    Gilardino last night against Celtic, that was a beauty. Not seen much of him and AC Milan so don't know whether this is a regular thing for him to do but that was the most comical dive I've seen for a while!
  • Options
    Gilardino last night against Celtic, that was a beauty. Not seen much of him and AC Milan so don't know whether this is a regular thing for him to do but that was the most comical dive I've seen for a while!

The funny thing about that one was that if he had of went down under the original challenge he probably would have got a penalty because it was a sure-fire foul. He chose to stay up and then went down like a sack of spuds looking for it when the chance was gone. Bit like Henry's I suppose, but Gilardino actually had a case for a penalty for the prior incident. He fucked it up big style though, clown.