Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One Night Stand 'Etiquette'

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sunday. Bloody hell Alasia.

Whoops. Yes...but in my defence, I thought he'd be out because he said he had a 'date' Sunday afternoon. So I got my dad to drop me over there to post some money through his door (I owed it from ages ago), plus a few bits if his that I still had. The whole reason I went over there was cos I didn't think he'd be home!
    Was getting a train home and had 30 mins, so I sat on some benches outside the bus station. I felt someone watching me, turned round and he was there! Told him to leave me alone and started walking away but he followed me ands asked what I was doing. Then said if I was going back to his I'd have to go the back way.

He suggested staying over then changed his mind, then I kind of asked to stay until my next train, lay down on the sofa with him and he said "you'll hav to stay the night...I'll get you home tomorrow".

Led from there really. Bad idea, but what can you do? He still has no feelings for me and I don't care anymore :)
  • Options
    Always nail them once more in the morning. It's rude not to.

:thumb:
  • Options
    alasia wrote: »
    Whoops. Yes...but in my defence, I thought he'd be out because he said he had a 'date' Sunday afternoon. So I got my dad to drop me over there to post some money through his door (I owed it from ages ago), plus a few bits if his that I still had. The whole reason I went over there was cos I didn't think he'd be home!
    Was getting a train home and had 30 mins, so I sat on some benches outside the bus station. I felt someone watching me, turned round and he was there! Told him to leave me alone and started walking away but he followed me ands asked what I was doing. Then said if I was going back to his I'd have to go the back way.

He suggested staying over then changed his mind, then I kind of asked to stay until my next train, lay down on the sofa with him and he said "you'll hav to stay the night...I'll get you home tomorrow".

Led from there really. Bad idea, but what can you do? He still has no feelings for me and I don't care anymore :)

Why didn't you just head home with your dad? Would seem to have been the more sensible (or just plain 'normal') option. If indeed, that is what happened...

Yet again, I don't think you're helping yourself. At all. Getting bored. *yawn* :rolleyes:
  • Options
    no wonder he has no respect for you alasia, i've got no sympathy if you're going to be this spineless and stupid

anyway....
  • Options
    My dad only dropped me off on the way to work, refused to wait for me (even though I told him I'd only be a minute).

It's ok though, it was just sex.
    And it's not happening again.

Ballerina; what do you mean spineless?
  • Options
    My dad only dropped me off on the way to work, refused to wait for me (even though I told him I'd only be a minute).

It's ok though, it was just sex.
    And it's not happening again.

Ballerina; what do you mean spineless?

not standing up for yourself and letting him treat you as a fucktoy especially after how he's treated you and then thinks it's ok to shag you?
  • Options
    That's the thing - I was using him just as much.

That's why I didn't want him saying he still had a few feelings, calling it 'making love', kissing me and cuddling up all night.

As much as I hate to admit it, it was just sex. I assume he saw it that way too, so IMO it's ok.

Anyway best not turn this into another thread about me!
  • Options
    That's the thing - I was using him just as much.

That's why I didn't want him saying he still had a few feelings, calling it 'making love', kissing me and cuddling up all night.

As much as I hate to admit it, it was just sex. I assume he saw it that way too, so IMO it's ok.

Sex with an ex imo in most circumstances isn't okay.
  • Options

That is the best idea i've heard all day...

Back to the (real) one night stands :)
  • Options
    Rules and guides:

DO THE HOKEY COKEY

in out, in out, shake it all about!
  • Options

A man after my own heart :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I always cuddle up afterwards, and have never met a girl who didn't apreciate that.
    Always good to stay for a chat in the morning, cup of tea, sometimes breakfast.

The only time I'd ever think of doing a runner is if I knew she still lives with her parents. Sitting having breakfast with a bloke who knows you've been giving it to his 'little girl' all night is awkward to say the least. Not again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Not being a fan of random one nighters, I tend to get the hell out there quite quickly. I tried to do a runner once but couldnt find half my clothes and had to wait for the other guy to wake up so I could find them. However if you know them before then it might be a bit more common to stay cuddled up etc, espcially if you have feelings for each other.
  • Options

:thumb:

Then a nice brew, coupla slices of toast and a taxi please.

I have only ever stealthily tiptoed out on a ONS once. Bit too much vino and I was swearing blind to all my mates [who were in complete disagreement] that he was the most gorgeous specimen of manhood I'd ever encountered. Went back to his for the biggest disappointment of my life, woke up in a semi-drunk haze and saw what he REALLY looked like and nicked off sharpish. To my horror and embarrassment I see him around the locals week in, week out and he has never been anything but an absolute love. Shame on me.
  • Options
    I've always known the guy beforehand when I've had a ONS so cuddles, chat, cuppa tea etc is quite normal.

The only time is when I'd pulled this lad one night when I was so so drunk. The next night I went out again and he came to meet me in the club but I was drunk again. He came back to mine but the next day I just wanted him to leave ASAP. He wasn't bad looking, just not my type and he wanted to lie there and chat and kiss and have more sex and I just wanted to fuck him off and have a shower. I had to keep sayin "listen, you're gona have to go soon. I have looaaads of uni work I need to do". He finally got the message but wouldn't stop texting me for ages.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    The only time I'd ever think of doing a runner is if I knew she still lives with her parents. Sitting having breakfast with a bloke who knows you've been giving it to his 'little girl' all night is awkward to say the least. Not again.

:lol: Very true. Although to be fair, mother's are just as bad about their "little boy" and his scarlet woman.

I haven't had a one night stand for a pretty long time. The last time i did was with someone who i knew of/had seen around for a long time but never really paid much attention to as he was a bit of a jack the lad. Cue too much vodka, lack of morals and a rather good night :flirt: Although to be fair, i legged it at 6am as felt hungover, looked rough and was thoroughly pissed off with myself as he's a bit of a playboy and i swore i'd never go near him or his friends. Saw him properly recently to sit and chat to and we were cool and had a laugh about it.