Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Perception of You

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most people think I'm either shy or mute. Until I have a few drinks, then I think annoying might come into play, especially if people are trying to watch tv. Or once you get to know me, then just your average joann is probably the phrase. But I've never asked so I don't know.

Once years ago in a communications class, on the first day we had to write first impressions of everybody and 90% of mine came back bitchy, but thats because I never said a word and just kept to myself. My shrink always told me bitchy and shy can be seen the same by outsiders.
  • Options
    Why don't you lot tellme what you think of me :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Jazza wrote: »
    Why don't you lot tellme what you think of me :p

You have Hobbes so automatically you do rock :heart:
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    i always thought you were blunt as fuck the whole time lol, good thing or bad thing depending on the person :)

i very rarely mean it in a nasty way! ;) and over the net it can be hard to interpret how people mean things - like in real life my friends will know i'm messing around. but as my mum puts it i'm not exactly backwards in coming forwards. :p

i'm nice really. :angel:
  • Options
    On here, I don't think people really notice me particularly, I'm just sort of here.

Offline, friends and coworkers tend to see me as a bit of a party girl nowadays, and a bit of a slacker with regard to other things. Its disappointing, because I put a lot of effort into my uni work, its just not as interesting as other things I do so I don't talk about it as much. I've also found out recently that a lot of people have no idea about my insecurities and things I feel about myself, and have said how confident and self-assured I am. Weird.
  • Options
    On here, dont really know. I know a few people dont like me because of various things that have been said in the past, but also that quite a few people like me and appreciate the support I've given them.

Offline - Quiet until I get to know people, tends to keep herself to herself, can be friendly but can ignore people a lot at times.
  • Options
    On here: I think people think I'm kinda meek and patient?

Friends: think I'm feisty and unpredictable, the person they come to when they're crying but want to have fun not sit around moping.

Strangers: dunno really, I've been told I'm intimidating.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    i think people think i'm shy, 'random' (i quote), sarcastic, childish, confusing, complicated and without doubt absolutely round the bend :)

Think some people reckon the same about me...others, naughty but nice...been called a dark horse by some. Think some of my friends reckon I'm a tad mad lol. Think people have many perceptions of me, but I don't really mind. Just depends on what level people know me.
  • Options
    Real Life- people think im too quiet. but then, once i talk, everyone seems to like the advice i have to offer. ive been told im a sweetheart and a gentleman several times too.

TheSite- im not really sure. i dont think ive really given myself a personality yet.. what do you guys think?
  • Options
    Heyoka wrote: »
    Real Life- people think im too quiet. but then, once i talk, everyone seems to like the advice i have to offer. ive been told im a sweetheart and a gentleman several times too.

TheSite- im not really sure. i dont think ive really given myself a personality yet.. what do you guys think?

You are ze american, zerefore you are le poopay
  • Options
    On here - I don't know.

In Real Life - I think I'm seen as funny friendly crazy random stupid kind blah blah blah all that sort of stuff. I am still slightly shy however the random crazy mental kind of shit i can pull means people don't believe me when i say i am still shy a bit ! It's a deep routed thing man i can't make it go away completely !

To be honest i don't care what people think of me I'm only out to look after me these days anyway

I will say this though, people don't really ever get to see the " real " me anymore i keep myself very withdrawn and only show what is necessary, unless it is someone i consider special that is.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    You are ze american, zerefore you are le poopay

broad and ethnocentric generalization, dontcha think? :razz:
  • Options
    broad and ethnocentric generalization, dontcha think? :razz:

You are right. British people don't shower. I'm sure we can agree on that one ;)
  • Options
    I can't answer about on here because I don't anyone.

Real life. People perceive me as a happy go lucky/confident/always smiling person. In fact I get depressed a lot and a lot of the time my happiness is fact because I have a view that friends and people in general won't want to know a shy/unconfident person so I fake it. It's quite easy. I rarely share my problems with anyone else because it takes me a while to open up. I do laugh a lot, but that's often to cover some sort of hurt inside.

xxx
  • Options
    Whoops, I meant "don't know anyone"

xxx
  • Options
    Fairy wrote: »
    Think some people reckon the same about me...others, naughty but nice...been called a dark horse by some. Think some of my friends reckon I'm a tad mad lol. Think people have many perceptions of me, but I don't really mind. Just depends on what level people know me.

I think you rock yo. :thumb: The pocket-sized princess you are. :D
  • Options
    Bunch a dirty feckers da lot a yas.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Bunch a dirty feckers da lot a yas.

i love you too :heart:
  • Options
    "If you say that again....I'll put your head through the wall."

Father Ted, only messing, fucking cunts. Hate ya's but I don't at the same time.
  • Options
    On here, not a clue. I would say I don't care, but to be honest that would be lying.

IRL, people think I'm more confident than I am, and I am (annoyingly) seen as the "leader" of the group. People listen to me when I tell them to shut up when they won't listen to everyone else. Tbh, I'm not entirely sure. But I know they all think more of me than they should do.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I am (annoyingly) seen as the "leader" of the group.

you always seemed very "leader" to me. dont really know why though.
  • Options
    On here I have no idea what people think of me. I do tend to have a negative feeling about it though...

In real life, I guess people see me as friendly but at the same time shy and reserved, helpful, attentive, I don't really know what else.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote: »
    shy

:no: You aint shy!!!!
  • Options
    :no: You aint shy!!!!

Depends on the situation I'm in tbh.
  • Options
    Heh. Ok :)
  • Options
    you always seemed very "leader" to me. dont really know why though.
    :|

Riiiiight.

I will never, ever understand how people can think I'm leader quality tbh. In my head I'm really insecure and nervous and shy and stuff like that.

Meh.
  • Options
    On here: I can only guess... Arguementative? Uhh...:chin: Friendly (I hope!). If anyone wants to say please doo! I have no idea.

In real life: Shy, thick, quiet.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    On here: That i'm a bitch.

Real Life: That i'm a bitch.

If it helps..I don't think you are! I think you're straight talking and genuine. Enuff arse licking before I yack up. Just wanted to say :yes:
  • Options
    On here: I think I'm mainly just seen as 'that guy who does avatars'

RL: I seem to be seen as a bit of leader i think, my friends will suggest something then run it by me like they're asking me for approval.
    Been told i'm a sound guy by numerous people so, yeah, i rock.