Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My good god

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote: »
    tbh, its the younger generation that seem to. Most people my age will get up to 5 over a weekend. However it often involves copious amounts of alcohol too.

I don't think I've ever taken E without drinking. It's all part and parcel of the buzz for me. Get drunk, take E's and if you get your hands on any other class A's then that's a bonus. Looking back on it, it's a tad bit stupid but don't regret it one bit.
  • Options
    I don't have to inject crack to be able to give harm reduction advice about it to clients at work...

ok.. but you'll notice my post had fuck all to do with harm reduction.. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever taken E without drinking. It's all part and parcel of the buzz for me. Get drunk, take E's and if you get your hands on any other class A's then that's a bonus. Looking back on it, it's a tad bit stupid but don't regret it one bit.

This is going to make me sound like an old fart, but I dont care - that really depresses me, MDMA by itself is bliss (I'm sure I dont have to add in the usual harm reduction messages) its up there with the most pleasurable experiences you can have, to not know what thats like yet actually use MDMA seems tragic.
  • Options
    i prefer drinking with it nowadays.. its a more of a clear buzz (or was anyway) but i couldnt imagine not drinking either

its probably just a social thing, you're out at a party and thers a loada drink and smoke (and whatever the fuck else) floatin about you're most very likely to indulge
  • Options
    z- wrote: »

You'll notice that mine did.
  • Options
    I also find it concerning reading about people nailing 10 (or 15 or 20!) pills in a night...that must be doing some serious damage, even if you don't realise it until later. I remember being pretty shocked when my younger brother told me he regularly did 6 or 8 in a night, and I thought he was hardcore.

But then I also don't really understand people who take it so regularly (every week...every month). I've taken pills maybe 4 times over a period of 2 or 3 years, taking 2 each time (once 3 but I'm pretty sure one was a dud). All of them were amazing experiences that I'm bloody glad I had. But wanting to repeat the experience indefinately, week in week out :crazyeyes :shocking: I don't know how anyone could even do it.

Its not like I don't have an addictive personality, I smoke a lot and drink a lot: but taking pills so regularly and in such quantity must take a severe toll. I hope some of you guys don't end up regretting it...

n.b. on the subject of comedowns I've never had a problem, in fact I've quite enjoyed them. Maybe thats due to moderation? However one of the times I'm pretty sure I got sold speed rather than E, the comedown from that (only one and a half pills) was the worst thing I've ever experienced - hell on earth. A friend who took 2 (and is smaller than me) ended up in hospital with a chronic panic attack.
  • Options
    n.b. on the subject of comedowns I've never had a problem, in fact I've quite enjoyed them. Maybe thats due to moderation? However one of the times I'm pretty sure I got sold speed rather than E, the comedown from that (only one and a half pills) was the worst thing I've ever experienced - hell on earth. A friend who took 2 (and is smaller than me) ended up in hospital with a chronic panic attack.

Yeah that happened to me. Pill sold as ecstasy, when from what I got told, it was full of speed. I cant stress enough how bad the comedown was. It was hell on earth, fookin horrid! Worst experience I've had an all. I feel ya on that one.
  • Options
    Ahh good old trusty Speed, guaranteed to make you feel like shit on a fucking stick the next day.
    We fuckin' love it though :D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    z- wrote: »

I think people are responding the way they are to your posts because you don't seem to be using drugs in a responsible or informed way. Obviously that leads to concerns about your health...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »
    I think people are responding the way they are to your posts because you don't seem to be using drugs in a responsible or informed way. Obviously that leads to concerns about your health...

I think its one step on from that, its not that he's not informed, its that he chooses to ignore that information regardless of the outcomes.
  • Options
    tbh, its the younger generation that seem to. Most people my age will get up to 5 over a weekend. However it often involves copious amounts of alcohol too.

Maybe but my friends ages range from 25 - 50. When we go out we always carry on the party at someone's house for up to24 hours, so obviously you're going to be taking quite a few to keep the buzz going. Amongst other stuff!
    Know what you're saying though, if I go to a rave, it's full of 18 year olds chewing their elbows with their eyes rolled back.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Yeah that happened to me. Pill sold as ecstasy, when from what I got told, it was full of speed. I cant stress enough how bad the comedown was. It was hell on earth, fookin horrid! Worst experience I've had an all. I feel ya on that one.

what was the comedown actualy like though? physically bad or mentally?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »

what i said had nothing to do with harm reduction, thats besides the point, read over it?

i was more arguing about you saying that im not getting an mdma buzz if i bang 10 pills when i sure as fuck know i am

im well aware of how dodgy it is, and im talking from mostly past expierences.. but havin done it many a time it puts me in the position to have a semi useful opinion on the matter.. i cant see how you can sit and say xyz happens if you havent even done it
  • Options
    As I said - I doubt that you've ever had decent MDMA.
  • Options
    You can have whatver opinion you like on the matter z-, it doesn't mean you are right.
  • Options
    I think what z- is trying to say is that, no its not safe or a good idea for you to take 10 + pills in one go... and he isn't even saying that taking that many will give you a nice long mdma high.

He is saying that you will still get some sort of effect off that many, its not an mdma high because you have already hit the roof.. it just turns into more of a monged out speedy like high...

Yes that's bad for you, no its not the way mdma is ment to be used and it is pretty pointless really... he was just saying it does still do "something" too you...

Personally if I'm out and about taking them, I usually stick to about 4 or 5 because I like a nice clean high and I like to enjoy the music, but different people have different views about what they want out of a drug.
  • Options
    what was the comedown actualy like though? physically bad or mentally?

Your body wants to go to sleep, but your mind cant rest! Imagine youve gone through to 6am, its still dark, everyones pissed off to bed, your lying there, eyes shut for hours an hours, still fully awake, only to realise your not going to fall asleep, not for a long while. I had to sit it out on me todd. I ended up watching 'me myself an irene' the one time, the comedown made it seem the most depessing thing i'd ever seen. "Jim carreys a scitzo!" "the police are after him" "oh no!" "They'll be after me next" The things you think of, honestly. Its truely the worst feeling I've ever experienced. Not to mention i was seriously tripping my nads off during the height of its effect anyway. Evil faces in the windows. The only positive? The sky looked awesome!

I found it mentally damaging more than anything. I felt bad for days. I did it once had a bad time with it, but then decided to give it another go a few months later(2nd chance thing). Same outcome. Not touched em' again since.
  • Options
    yeah i had a comedown like that actually off some weird PEPpill, seeing bugs on the wall, not being able to sleep, weird feelings in the mind... but never on mdma, i just didnt know that you could get mdma comedowns like that
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    but different people have different views about what they want out of a drug.

Agreed, and I understand this. But... I think it is important to make it crystal that there are evidenced ways using drugs that minimise both the risk and the harm to your mind and body. Every body/situation/drug is different, but at the end of the day taking drugs does pose a risk and does do you harm. If you don't want to minimise it, that is entirely your decision. But it is just plain stupid to deny the risk or to think you are somehow the exception.

That's all I was trying to say, and I mean 'you' in the general sense, I'm not trying to have a go at anyone. Sometimes I just think this needs to be restated.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    He is saying that you will still get some sort of effect off that many, its not an mdma high because you have already hit the roof.. it just turns into more of a monged out speedy like high...

That's what I'm saying. Cane that many and its not an MDMA type buzz anymore - you've caned all your serotonin.
  • Options
    well ill stick to my opinion that it heightens the mdma buzz aslong as its in the first 6 hours or so.. IME it turns to that speedy feeling after those inital hours or the days after

as for not having decent mdma.. well thats oh so typical for you to come off with eh :thumb:
  • Options
    Based on 17 years on the party scene, there's a lot of people out there who wouldn't know MDMA if it smacked them in the face. There's a lot of other people who, when actually given decent MDMA, don't like it, find it too mellow and clean and prefer a speedy mashed up mongy sort of buzz.