Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do you have for dinner?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, at work I'm getting so bored of what I usually eat. Either a sandwich, or I'll cook some pasta and take that.

Really in need of some good ideas though. Refuse to by my dinner there, crazy prices :no:

What do you all have? Gimme some ideas! A few people I know bring salads.. but I'm dead fussy, if I had it it'd contain like 3 things. :chin:

Comments

• Options
    When i have time usually fruit; grapes, banana and an orange. Like you i'm too fussy!
  • Options
    All sorts of things-sandwiches, salads, fruit salads, hummus with vegetable sticks/sliced pitta strips, pasta salad, cous cous....anything really!
  • Options
    Soups or salads. I find that if i take in a sandwich, i've eaten it by about 11.30 so i've stopped doing that now :)
  • Options
    Iv'e been stuck with Scampi & Chips with mayo just recently.

Am i the only one that finds it too cold to cook anything? I just end up in bed trying to keep warm.
  • Options
    I would call that meal lunch and have something light like a sandwich, some fruit, soup, etc.
  • Options
    Captain wrote: »
    So, at work I'm getting so bored of what I usually eat. Either a sandwich, or I'll cook some pasta and take that.

Really in need of some good ideas though. Refuse to by my dinner there, crazy prices :no:

What do you all have? Gimme some ideas! A few people I know bring salads.. but I'm dead fussy, if I had it it'd contain like 3 things. :chin:

Make yourself a wrap with a tortilla. Chuck loads of stuff in that you like.
  • Options
    I usually have a sandwich/toastie.

Today was exciting though. I had chicken noodles :|
  • Options
    Subway, then soup and flatbread.
  • Options
    you mean lunch yeh?
  • Options
    I eat soup. The personal size. I'm so sick of soup :\ I hate it so much. But maybe you wouldn't hate it. ALot of people I work with bring microwaveable meals.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    you mean lunch yeh?

yeah were not all posh suvenerrs!! :cool:

to OP I just have what I can find tbh. Normally a sarnie, Im therefore not much help!
  • Options
    If I'm taking food into work or uni its usually a sandwich or pasta salad. I've taken pizza, quiche, coldslaw, couscous, potato salad, rice salad, pasties, apple pie, homemade muffins etc
  • Options
    Usually a sandwich for lunch, poached eggs on muffins today though :)
  • Options
    Uusually a sandwich from the cob lady
  • Options
    Dinner is the evening meal, you should correct that typo in the opening post.

As for what I have for lunch, its normaly either a sandwich, or leftovers, or humus, or something of that ilk.
  • Options
    Rubbish, dinner is at midday. Tea is the evening meal :thumb:

I'm another who takes leftovers to work quite often - things like egg fried rice, chilli in a pitta bread or similar, pasta with pesto and pine nuts, quiche etc. Otherwise usually a cheese butty or something equally exciting!
  • Options
    no no no no.... lunch is at midday. hence 'lunch hour'. dinner is in the evening. oh yes :yes:
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    no no no no.... lunch is at midday. hence 'lunch hour'. dinner is in the evening. oh yes :yes:

:yes: that is correct!
  • Options
    Spring rolls?
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »

Well it depends what you're used to. After all, I could say... dinner is at midday, hence "school dinners" ;)
  • Options
    I will have a pasty if I am at college because it is quick and near urm otherwise some cereal or a panini or a butty
  • Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't use "dinner" full stop? Lunch is at midday, and tea is in the evening! Saying that, the boyfriend says dinner for both meals.

As for the original question, at the moment I have SlimFast, and take that with me/pick one up. But if its a normal day at college, when I'm not dieting, ten to one says I pick up a panini, or a jacket potato.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Well it depends what you're used to. After all, I could say... dinner is at midday, hence "school dinners" ;)

Depends on where you live I think. I know when I worked in an Irish college over the summer dinner was at mid day and you'd get the full whack, at 5 O'Clock you'd get spaghetti hoops and bread.

School was great, full meal at mid day and another when you got back home. Ah if only uni fed you that well. Get the pot noodles out da fuck!
  • Options
    dinner is at midday, hence "school dinners" ;)

:heart: :yes:

Although I sometimes swap them around. It can be lunch or dinner, and it can be dinner or tea. Usually I say lunch/dinner and then tea
  • Options
    Cheers for some of the ideas, everyone.
    Nooo, I say dinner. Tea is the evening meal, dinner at midday. Depends where you come from I think?
  • Options
    Rubbish, dinner is at midday. Tea is the evening meal

:yes: dinner or lunch! As long as tea isnt referred to as dinner :D
  • Options

:yes:

To me, its dinner (for lunch) then tea.
  • Options
    Anything i can lay my greedy little hands on.
  • Options
    i don't tend to eat much for lunch, i just have a go ahead and some mini cheddars/piece of fruit of something.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Tis been soup recently. I take it to work in a can and just heat it up. Yummy :yum: