Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Exes

Do you ever look at/think about exes and just cringe?

Or heave. Either or.

It's funny how one minute someones the best person in the world and the next it's like their the most hideous thing ever.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh yes
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Do you ever look at/think about exes and just cringe?

Cringing is pretty much the only emotion I can associate with the majority of my exes. Fuck's sake, what was I thinking/drinking/taking!
  • Options
    Oh God yes. All but one of my exes have been adonises, gorgous guys that i'd looked at and thought, why the hell are you with me?! Then there's the 3 1/2 year ex. To call him ugly would be an insult to ugly people. I file him under "what was i thinking?!". Needless to say my tastes have vastly improved and my fiance is an absolute babe, even if he won't believe me when i tell him so. :heart:
  • Options
    I went out with someone for a year and for a looooong long time after I used to cringe. Its only this past 6 months I've come to terms with it and I'm actually starting to remember what I saw in him. I have no idea why though? I think it was because I was never sure if I really wanted to be with him :confused: So when I finally set myself free I just turned totally against him. Weird.

All my other exes though are still really fit/cute in my eyes.
  • Options
    Certainly. I've had my share of twats, considering my age!

But at the same time, I'm lucky enough to look back on a couple of them and say "Ahh, good times" and I know a lot of people that can't, unfortunetly.

The best was discovering the other week that my friend from college had been to the same high school as one of the (worst one) exes. I pointed this out, and we were amazed to discover, it was her ex as well! Luckily she got rid of im before he tried anything with her like he did me, but it was odd I must admit!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    lipsy wrote: »
    I went out with someone for a year and for a looooong long time after I used to cringe. Its only this past 6 months I've come to terms with it and I'm actually starting to remember what I saw in him. I have no idea why though? I think it was because I was never sure if I really wanted to be with him :confused: So when I finally set myself free I just turned totally against him. Weird.

That's really insightful.
  • Options
    TBH I only have one guy I'd really class as an ex.

I exactly don't look at him and cringe, but I'm not entirely sure what I saw in him. There's still some chemistry, so I obviously saw something in him, but he's entirely the opposite of my BF and I don't get it. I know he still has strong feelings for me, but I'd never go back there.

When he was nice he was really nice, but he forced me into things like sex and blowjobs, usually through verbal pressure, on regular occaisions, and I'm not up for that anymore. That aspect does make me cringe.
  • Options
    God yes. In my defence I was young and stupid :D
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    The only person I class as an ex I certainly regret, I just cant see why I liked him now. I wouldnt give him the time of day now. There are guys I've dated/had flings with I can look back and see why I liked them without cringing nowdays.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    That's really insightful.

It reads as though you're being sarky :( But yes, I've spent a lot of time thinking about it you see.
  • Options
    Speaking of exes... one of mine has just signed into MSN with his name boasting all about how his car wil be back on the road next week, and everything he's done to make it better....

This is the same car that he came speeding down a very steep hill in two weeks ago, attempted going 90mph round a corner and flipped it into a field, leaving one of his "friends" with a broken pelvic bone, ribs and arm. The two other passengers both broke their wrist. He got away with nothing. So now he's rebuilding it to be faster. What an idiot.

And he's by no means the worst on my list either :lol:
  • Options
    It reads as though you're being sarky :(

I knew she wasn't so it can't be that bad. She's right too :)
  • Options
    It reads as though you're being sarky :( But yes, I've spent a lot of time thinking about it you see.

Heh, it does actually! But I'm sure you know she's not being, so it's all good :) :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah I know Helen wouldn't do that :)
  • Options
    Yeah I know Helen wouldn't do that :)

Expect to be quoted on some fact sheet though :p

Is it just me or does thesite have a sheet for everything? Even the most obscure things?!
  • Options
    Oh yeah I look back at a fair few and think why the hell did I ever go there. Although in my defence most of those have been rebound guys.
  • Options
    Yep, quite a few people i thought were good looking at the time later turned out to prove me wrong
  • Options
    One of them added me on myspace. I was with him for 2 years and have only realised what a retard he is. Aha. It's good for the soul.
  • Options
    They don't bother me on the whole, vague friends with one...the rest I don't talk to. What I find amusing is when someone you had a fling with comes running back to you.
  • Options
    One of my exes seems to be following me about on the internet - myspace, email, msn and texting as well. Then he added me to facebook. I just really hope he never finds out about here or livejournal :D
  • Options
    ive never cringed at my exes. i still get along with them, maybe thats the diffrence
  • Options
    I have. Ew.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Expect to be quoted on some fact sheet though :p

Is it just me or does thesite have a sheet for everything? Even the most obscure things?!

obscure things

and it was an insightful post Lipsy :)
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

I'm going to tell everyone I have ithyphallophobia and see how many believe me once they know what it means :D
  • Options
    I've seen an ex a couple of times recently and found myself becoming somewhat attracted to her again. :banghead: Although her personality and attitude towards me still often leave a lot to be desired.

Oh yeah, hi everyone! First post on TheSite! :thumb:
  • Options
    i only have two exes, and the first one i cringed at for a bit after i broke up with her, but she grew up and stopped dying her hair purple, haha. the more recent one i still think is gorgeous, but then again i still want to iron things out with her and try again.
  • Options
    nope, never have. Actualy I'm on really good terms with all of my exes which seems sort of strange.
  • Options
    Actualy I'm on really good terms with all of my exes which seems sort of strange.

Me too with most, doesn't stop me cringing about some of them though. There's things I put up with from friends that I just don't have a clue why I would ever go near in a relationship.
  • Options
    Umm, generally no.
    Although the one long term relationship I have had after looking back on it I regret a lot of it. It was a bit pointless and for a bit part of it I think we were only together for the sake of it.