Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO: Jim & my thesite buddies

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Water under the bridge a bit now Rubberskin, the thread doesn't need ripping apart again - people have different interpretations of what people were saying amd they are entitled to that.
  • Options
    And personal digs are mature?
  • Options
    No. Some expressed there 'personal' opinion on having the baby aborted/adopted, no one in that thread has said abort your baby. Just like in the reheating seafood thread, t weird tangent i know, but my reply was personally, no i wouldn't. Doesn't mean it's not ok, but that's what i would do personally.

I find it a great shame that a good poster has let this one issue, which has been blown up a tad, cause him to leave, but as Jim said that's his decision and we should respect that. Maybe he'll come back one day, who knows.

I don't really know the guy but do Suze, a bit, so i wish him and her all the best for the future and their new baby :)
  • Options
    What the fuck is going on with this place?

Must be something in the water...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry, I pissed in it.

Couldn't hold it till I got home :(
  • Options
    Sorry Rubberskin- I probably should've quoted where and what I meant :)
  • Options
    Oh and Indrid - I've deleted the think since I don't think it was relevant to the thread in question, or the poster people had problems with.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote: »
    Oh and Indrid - I've deleted the think since I don't think it was relevant to the thread in question, or the poster people had problems with.
    Oh ok -so I hadn't forgotten the first time either? Sorry. :blush:
  • Options
    One example (though that's another thread).

Cheers, but if you look a few posts down I changed it to adopt/abort. IMHO - which she asks in the posting ANOTHER thread about her situation - this whole scenario isn't ideal for a new baby who is being used as emotional blackmail, is it?!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    1983 wrote: »
    Cheers, but if you look a few posts down I changed it to adopt/abort. IMHO - which she asks in the posting ANOTHER thread about her situation - this whole scenario isn't ideal for a new baby who is being used as emotional blackmail, is it?!
    Nothing personal with you, it was just the first post I found. Just making that clear.
  • Options
    Nothing personal with you, it was just the first post I found. Just making that clear.

Ah right, sorry! :blush:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »

I think what you posted was fair enough, to be honest. Like I said before I don't think anyone would've been making any such suggestions if they hadn't doled out continuous advice that had been ignored and watched the girl dig herself deeper and deeper into a big pile of dung. I suggest you and I stop replying to her threads as it's a bit like sweet, sweet crack but also not good for our blood pressure.

Annnnyway...

Doodoodoo we love to boogie
    We love to boogie
    Jitterbug boogie

:D
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I suggest you and I stop replying to her threads as it's a bit like sweet, sweet crack but also not good for our blood pressure.

Annnnyway...

We love to boogie
    Jitterbug boogie

Hahaha, I love you a fair bit.

Since the other thread got deleted....!

Dance to your Daddy,
    My little babby,
    Dance to your Daddy,
    My little lamb.
    You shall have a fishy
    In a little dishy,
    You shall have a fishy
    When the boat comes in.
  • Options
    Haha, that is SO my lullaby of choice :razz: :heart:

Since we're doing adverts, like, this one makes people cry upon being presented with a jackie potatie.

I went in to an alehouse I used to frequent
    And I told the landlady me money was spent
    I asked her for credit, she answered me nay
    Such a customer as you I can have any day

And it's no, nay, never,
    No, nay never no more
    Will I play the wild rover,
    No never no more.

Aaaand we all love Clover... etcetc
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You two are nutters :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    JsT wrote: »
    You two are nutters :p

my sentiments entirely! :D
  • Options
    Oooh i love it when people turn. So funny.

Well bye then.
  • Options

We love to boogie
    Jitterbug boogie

:D Me and my mum love that song .
  • Options
    Hang on a minute, I don't think it's fair representation of this site or the relationships board to say that the responses concerned were "the usual", not by a long shot.

I don't think they were even a true reflection of the posters' opinions, they have been coloured over months of witnessing an ongoing saga and - whether rightly or wrongly - they shot from the hip.

tbh Briggi, he has barely posted since people kept suggesting similar to Hellfire and Lolzabeth when they told their happy news many months back, plus there were several other things where people just got flamed off the board for asking for help, im not sure of the specifics.
    maybe im just used to it and dont see it in the same way, but I must admit, people do act quite differently on here to pretty much every other board ive been on and it aint always pretty.
  • Options
    Bye NNM, I will miss your posts, even though you havent been here for some time. Its compelty you choice to leave and I respect you a lot for that.
  • Options
    tbh Briggi, he has barely posted since people kept suggesting similar to Hellfire and Lolzabeth when they told their happy news many months back, plus there were several other things where people just got flamed off the board for asking for help, im not sure of the specifics.

:eek: I definitely missed all that, crikey.
    maybe im just used to it and dont see it in the same way, but I must admit, people do act quite differently on here to pretty much every other board ive been on and it aint always pretty.

Yeah, but maybe [and more likely] I'm just a hard-faced cow ;) I don't think I've seen a lot on here that I take issue with, but obviously that doesn't mean there isn't lots to take issue with! As you said he's been gone for a while now, it has certainly been noticed :(
  • Options
    well tbh, maybe im a bit hard faced sometimes, and im certainly not saying ive never flamed anyone ever.
    Some things here do cross the line though, I can see that.
    I`ll stay put though :)
    probably till they kick me off age 90
  • Options
    I`ll stay put though :)

You'd better! :mad: ;)

Imagine all the advice you'll be able to give age 90 hahaha. Though it will probably be interspersed with stories about how we all survived nuclear winter and taking breaks to eat bowls of slop mopped up with sliced white. Cannae wait!
  • Options
    The trouble is that this place is so old now that there's so many off-board petty squabbles that sometimes justified insults appear as irrational flaming. Hey ho.

I'm not always the nicest of people (that's boring) but that's life too- I'd never go and tell someone to go and abort their child (maybe abort themselves, but that's different tbh).

What was said to Hellfire and Lolz was disgusting, to be quite honest, as whilst Hellfire used to be a bit irritating Lolz has always been an absolute darling.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    The trouble is that this place is so old now that there's so many off-board petty squabbles that sometimes justified insults appear as irrational flaming. Hey ho.

Still absolutely no need to post them to the public. Like that shite earlier, what the fuck like?
  • Options
    bb nihilistic (if you dont come back ;p)... i notice some of the stuff you're talking about but just let it float past, a lot of people get on their high horses about stuff sometimes because theyre "regulars" or whatever but just dont focus on that! Ppl will still appreciate your input even if you don't agree with some of the things that go on :d
  • Options
    Hmmm, I guess it's just me but everyone seems to have been a lot more agressive recently. Maybe it's just that different people are posting more.

The place used to seem a bit nicer :o
  • Options
    Infinite wrote: »
    What the fuck is going on with this place?

Must be something in the water...

Shitty internet water
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Well I must have missed all this somehow.

Another one bites... :wave:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    As a noob, this is all very..... interesting.