Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

being emo is cool but ...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I know some people who have an emo look to them but are really sound and are not angsty like a lot are.
    Hehe, I know quite a few emo looking people who listen to that type of music, but I don't know anyone who cuts themselves or owt like that though. My ex was a bit of a "my life is so complicated and hard" emo type though.
  • Options
    Hehe, I know quite a few emo looking people who listen to that type of music, but I don't know anyone who cuts themselves or owt like that though. My ex was a bit of a "my life is so complicated and hard" emo type though.

I think all teenagers go through that hormonal stage, they're just different in how they express it. I never felt the need to write poetry, dress "alternatively" to show my "uniqueness" or any of that shite but others do. That's why continuing to act like that into adulthood is just weird imo. You're right about the cutting thing though. I haven't got a clue what he's on about, cutting isn't defined to any social grouping. Probably just him being his zany spontaneous self I dunno.
  • Options
    Weezer aint the original emo band. Emo was born out of the post hardcore scene in the eastern U.S. There were plenty of bands before them.
  • Options
    I don't know anyone who cuts themselves or owt like that though.
    You almost certainly do know people who cut, you just don't know that they do.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    You almost certainly do know people who cut, you just don't know that they do.

I bet a million pounds that it's not the emo people I know though.
  • Options
    This graffiti is written in the toilets of a god awful Derby night club. Thought it was worth a picture

l_7fee584bbc2755e48d314e9f5c4df10d.jpg
  • Options
    post of the week ??mabe ?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    No excuse for that sort of haircut unless you're a hockey fan.

Or a NASCAR fan.

NASCAR rocks.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Or a NASCAR fan.

NASCAR rocks.

....To each their own I guess.
  • Options
    Well it's very vague. I mean Fallout Boy are supposed to be emo, but they've always seemed pretty upbeat when I've heard them.

Falloutboy are extremely upbeat, dark at times but their music always makes me happy. If I want emo music post-hardcore (finch, old funeral for a friend, glassjaw) is much more emo then the current emo bands.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Why thank you very much sweetie. Lets get married. :flirt:

Thanks, but no thanks.