Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

being emo is cool but ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the other stuff like the vain cutting is not cool i am emo an pround but happy go emo :)

Comments

• Options
    What the fuck is vain cutting?

No one goes emo if they can help it. The poor unfortunate people that are emo were born that way, a bit of their brain is missing or something.
  • Options
    freak.gif
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    What the fuck is vain cutting?

Hazard a guess ... where you cut your veins :p Probably your wrists.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Hazard a guess ... where you cut your veins :p Probably your wrists.

i thought he meant where you cut because of vanity.. like its supposed to look cool or something
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    i thought he meant where you cut because of vanity.. like its supposed to look cool or something

Ah i see, he spelt it vain not vein. You could be right and i may now look a prick, so yeah OP please reveal what vain cutting is or did you just make a spelling mistake?
  • Options
    lol ur not gona look like a prick
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    No one goes emo if they can help it. The poor unfortunate people that are emo were born that way, a bit of their brain is missing or something.

You almost made me spit out my Fanta :(

It's all part of growing up really, it's like being an indie kid or a sk8r- it's a phase that you immerse yourself in because of your social surroundings and to try and be trendy.

I don't have anything against young people trying things out, but once you hit adulthood and have an emo/indie kid/goth/greebo/sk8r thingg going on then it just comes across as being quite false sometimes.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

but once you hit adulthood and have an emo/indie kid/goth/greebo/sk8r thingg going on then it just comes across as being quite false sometimes.

Not to mention fuckin weird.
  • Options

It's all part of growing up really, it's like being an indie kid or a sk8r- it's a phase that you immerse yourself in because of your social surroundings and to try and be trendy.

I don't have anything against young people trying things out, but once you hit adulthood and have an emo/indie kid/goth/greebo/sk8r thingg going on then it just comes across as being quite false sometimes.

:no: I've been called things like "goth" and "grunger" and still do... But I just have shortish messy hair and dress how the hell I like. I'm 23 and still enjoy rock music, even if most of the scene is younger than me. I'm not false, neither is my punky flatmate.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    :no: I've been called things like "goth" and "grunger" and still do... But I just have shortish messy hair and dress how the hell I like. I'm 23 and still enjoy rock music, even if most of the scene is younger than me. I'm not false, neither is my punky flatmate.

Fair enough, but I think there's a certain level of "Wear this, listen to this, have your hair like this, do this" about nowadays and people immerse themselves in it because it's the trendy thing to do.

I do think it's a phase for a lot of people, if you're only really into that scene because you're mates are into it and because it's the in thing. A lot of people act the way the youth media tell them to, and don't seem to be able to think for themselves.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Fair enough, but I think there's a certain level of "Wear this, listen to this, have your hair like this, do this" about nowadays and people immerse themselves in it because it's the trendy thing to do.

I do think it's a phase for a lot of people, if you're only really into that scene because you're mates are into it and because it's the in thing. A lot of people act the way the youth media tell them to, and don't seem to be able to think for themselves.

I have to completely agree with this! :yes: It seems younger people are just sheeplike...everyone will have done at some point in their life.
  • Options
    i went through a grungy stage when i was about 13/14. Soon grew out of it though.
  • Options
    a lot of people think im emo.

but those are the kids with the over sized egos.

im more going through an indie/ska kid phase.

i dont quite know if i want out or not :razz:
  • Options

Ahh Ok, no. I'm not a scene person... Just mess up my hair with wax and wear what I want!
  • Options

nah.... maybe some kids do it because of being sheep but everyone has their own style and like diff stuff to you even when they grow up, they probly think the exact same thing about you and whatever your style is (no matter how neutral and relaxed you think it might be ;p)
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    nah.... maybe some kids do it because of being sheep but everyone has their own style and like diff stuff to you even when they grow up, they probly think the exact same thing about you and whatever your style is (no matter how neutral and relaxed you think it might be ;p)

I don't have a style as such though, I don't feel compelled to dress in a certain way because of the music I like or because of any desire to be accepted by any social group.
  • Options

like WTF?!!
    self harm is cool... f**k it... i should go emo...
  • Options

If someone cuts because of vanity/to fit into the "emo" stereotype there a utter twat. Its pathetic. Self-harm isnt cool its a serious problem.
  • Options
    To be honest the way that kid spells i expect he meant vein.
  • Options
    If someone cuts because of vanity/to fit into the "emo" stereotype there a utter twat. Its pathetic. Self-harm isnt cool its a serious problem.

Couldn't have said it better Marie :)
  • Options
    I jumped straight from sudo-hippie to punk rock. Proud to say I've never been a emo kid, never will.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »

I could. There's quite a few grammar mistakes in her statement. ;)
  • Options
    not ALL emos cut.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I could. There's quite a few grammar mistakes in her statement. ;)

Pah, you know what i mean ;)
  • Options
    not ALL emos cut.

but they do ALL need a haircut.
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options
    no argument there.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »

Thank you. :)
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I could. There's quite a few grammar mistakes in her statement.
    And your a twat and I couldn't give a flying rats arse what you think about my grammer.
  • Options
    And your a twat and I couldn't give a flying rats arse what you think about my grammer.

Why thank you very much sweetie. Lets get married. :flirt:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

They should get mullets and be REAL MEN.

*snigger*