Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My good god

Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
Probably been done a thousand times before but here ya go.

I took pills (e's) for the first time tonight (Friday) MY GOD, wow... I've never felt so relaxed and so hyper at the same time. I kept quoting the film 'Human Traffic' with the line "I've gone to never neverland with my chosen family".

Thought I'd share, seeing as it was my 1st time dropping and I did 2 :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know we don't see eye to eye but they're fucking mint, eh? :razz:
  • Options
    They feckin' are darlin' ;D
  • Options
    Another one to the chemical generation.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome to endless weekends of partying flat out

:yes:

And so it begins... :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    :yes:

And so it begins... :D
    I bloody hope so :D
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I bloody hope so :D

Lol believe us, it does...
    There's no escape for you now, but it's gonna be a fucking good journey.:thumb:
  • Options
    haha fair play, its all up down n all around from here on in :D
  • Options
    once you drop, you'll never stop! :crazyeyes

i had some really good pills last night, i was soooo loved up and dancey :D i just wanted to hug everyone. shamrocks they were.
  • Options
    What makes someone take pills for the very first time? Curiousity?

Do people not worry about what might happen?

I mean, I'm curious because I hear so many people on here talk about how good they are but like, after I had a friend drop dead when he took E, I would never dare try it just in case.

Just wondering like.
  • Options
    It's just a matter of coming to the conclusion that the very small risk is worth it for the amzing experience ecstasy can give.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    after I had a friend drop dead when he took E, I would never dare try it just in case.

i knew a guy who walked out crossing the road and got hit by a car. he died. many people have been in the same boat. now dead. but i still cross the road, i wouldn't not 'just incase' i got hit by a car. similar analogy.

dunno...
    suppose i wouldn't want to get to be 70 and not have had the experience of trying drugs. yep. availability & curiosity.
  • Options
    Taking drugs surely can't be compared to crossing the road though? I mean, isn't there a high chance that your body will reject the drug? I'm curious but I'd be so scared of dying like my friend did which is why I'll never try anything. He dropped dead the first time he tried it.

I suppose I'm just wondering HOW people have the guts to take it for the very first time really, not how they can take it again (because obviously, if you take it for the first time, you are ok and enjoy it, nothing is really going to stop you doing it again)
  • Options
    Taking drugs surely can't be compared to crossing the road though? I mean, isn't there a high chance that your body will reject the drug?

The short term risk (i.e dying) from taking ecstasy has been compared to that of down hill skiiing and horseriding. Sports such as rock climbing and freefalling are probably more dangerous.
    I suppose I'm just wondering HOW people have the guts to take it for the very first time really

In the same way people have the guts do do any activity that carries a risk. It all depends on how dangerous you hold ecstasy to be. After looking into it a bit and after seeing mates of mine take it time and time again without problems, I decided that my belief tht ecstasy is very dangerous, was infact wrong.

Ecstasy can be dangerous, but there are things you can do to really minimize that risk - even to a point where taking it probably isn't any more risky than some activities you do every day, such as driving or crossing the road.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i guess its just personality - some people are more risk-takers. i shared my first pill when i was 16. i was just offered it in a club and thought what the fuck i'll try it. but it must have been a dud coz it didnt do anything. so then i didnt go near anything again until i was 21 but only because of my friendship groups. then one night i met up with an old friend and him and his friends were doing it and i asked for some.

so for me the curiosity has always been there. i like trying new things and although i did think about 'what if i die' i also hoped that it was just media hype and that if thousands of people take E every weekend there must be something amazing about it and most of the time safe.
  • Options
  • Options
    What makes someone take pills for the very first time? Curiousity?

Do people not worry about what might happen?

I mean, I'm curious because I hear so many people on here talk about how good they are but like, after I had a friend drop dead when he took E, I would never dare try it just in case.

Just wondering like.
    Personally it was curiosity, I've wanted to for a while but kept bottling it, I was offered one and just thought 'what the hell, now or never and all that Jazz'.

Luckily I've just felt a tad ill on my comedown, nothing major, so I'll more than likely be doing it again ;D
  • Options
    I was never scared of taking anything. I was 13 when I did and my friends were and older group. They were all fine doing it week in week and and I had all the facts.
    I don't worry about things I'm taking at all, mainly because I am sensible and I know my thresh hold.
  • Options
    Personally it was curiosity, I've wanted to for a while but kept bottling it, I was offered one and just thought 'what the hell, now or never and all that Jazz'.

Luckily I've just felt a tad ill on my comedown, nothing major, so I'll more than likely be doing it again ;D

Is a comedown just like a bad hangover?
  • Options
    Is a comedown just like a bad hangover?

It's more of a spaced out and lonely feeling with a horrid tasting mouth! For me anyway but it effects people in lots of ways. Doesn't feel like a hangover to me.
    You're body/mind reaches a high and it has to come down eventually.
  • Options
    Curiosity is the main reason for most.

There's something like a 50,000/1 chance of your body taking an allergic reaction to ecstacy resulting in death. A very small risk if you ask me. Of course there's other risks such as over-heating or drinking too little or too much water but most people know when to drink the required amount.

Everyone hears bad stories about drugs and why some drugs are worse than others. The people who hear these stories and look down on illegal drug users are usually the same people who go out 3 and 4 nights a week and drink silly amounts of alcohol, one of the worst drugs out there if you ask me.

Anyway, get ready for some of the most memorable nights of your like dr pirate. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Anyway, get ready for some of the most memorable nights of your like dr pirate. :thumb:

Cheers mate ;D
  • Options
    I always thought the dieing from an ecstacy pill for no reason was a total myth , and it was the toomuch/little water thing that killed ppl =x

if you think of the drop dead because of an allergic reaction as a reason not to its a bit like saying im not gonna try this new food cos i might be allergic (that is if the 50000-1 thing is accurate).
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    I always thought the dieing from an ecstacy pill for no reason was a total myth , and it was the toomuch/little water thing that killed ppl =x

Unfortunately not. He was really unlucky :( He was only 18.
  • Options
    yeah that sucks... I can understand why you'd be put off by something like that, I guess you either take the leap of faith or you don't. I'm relatively happy with alcohol anyway :D
  • Options
    Thought I'd share, seeing as it was my 1st time dropping and I did 2 :blush:

Be careful. Starting on 2 means that your tolerance is likely to go up fairly quickly. There shouldn't be any need to do 2 your first time, unless they were shit pills.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Be careful. Starting on 2 means that your tolerance is likely to go up fairly quickly. There shouldn't be any need to do 2 your first time, unless they were shit pills.

maybe he meant 2 in total rather than at once
  • Options

if you think of the drop dead because of an allergic reaction as a reason not to its a bit like saying im not gonna try this new food cos i might be allergic (that is if the 50000-1 thing is accurate).

Unfortunately not, however is is very rare, so the chances of someone being allergic to it and being a person who does pills is very small but it does happen.
  • Options
    yeah that sucks... I can understand why you'd be put off by something like that, I guess you either take the leap of faith or you don't. I'm relatively happy with alcohol anyway :D

Yeah. I was dead against drugs anyways then so when my friend died from taking them, I felt really angry at him (as bad as that sounds). I don't think I could ever bring myself to take anything like what he did.

I've done weed but that isn't really a drug really. Well, it is but you get what I mean. Like you, I'm happy enough with alcohol.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

Even so, i know my first time i didn't need any more than one for a long while. Depends how long he was going for i guess.

Also, your first couple of pill experinces tend to be a lot lot better, so savour it while you still have relatively intact serotonin receptors :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

My point still stands.