Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Driving an automatic

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote: »
    I also think autos tend to be a bit more economical for most drivers-

I've had two now and they both awful on fuel. I wont have another.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If the OP is trying to find reasons not to get an auto then its not a good idea to get an auto.

Yeah I knew that from the start in my heart really!! It's just not what I really want from driving a car, its just because we're low on funds and it seemed a great deal, I didn't want to miss out by being pigheaded. But talking about it has made me realise I wouldn't be happy with an automatic, maybe once the thrill of being able to drive has worn off I wouldn't mind one for city driving.
  • Options
    sporty Fiesta

im sorry but theres no way you can sporty and fiesta in the same line!
  • Options
    ^I dunno, mk1/2 XR2's are quite highly regarded, the mk3 RS-Turbo was damned quick, especially when mildly tweaked - needed very little to make upwards of 160bhp. The RS1800i was a little gem of an engine in a somewhat average car - the later the Fiesta, the better the chassis. Most late 1990's models(mk4/5) are pretty good fun to drive.

1.25 and 1.4 Zetec models are cracking little motors. Yamaha designed much of the engine, and you can tell by the way they sound as they ping off the redline!

Don't get me wrong here - overall I'm not a massive fan of the majority of Fiesta models created over the years, but some of them aren't at all bad, and some of them certainly have the performance to be justifiably called a 'hot hatch'.

205GTi is in a different league though ;).

ETA - mk4/5 was the base for the Puma, which has always been considered somewhat 'sporty', and quite rightly so.
  • Options
    I :heart: Fiesta