Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Somethings wrong....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My lil sister is seeing a guy. shes been with him a while and lost her virginity to him. But recently she has been bleeding during sex. Know i know this could be a sign of an s.t.i. I just found out the lad she is dating is shagging a girl who i wouldn't class as 'clean'. She wont listen to me, shes only 16 and this other girl and her bf are older than her and i am sooo worried!
What do you think i should do?:banghead:

thanks for advice in advance xx

Comments

• Options
    i think if u slag off her bf u may end up pushing her away - even if he is cheating on her! maybe just have a chat but be sensitive! maybe a good idea to suggest she goes for an STI check aswell - as this could help to prove he's cheating, seeing as he's the only person she's slept with.
    maybe take the approach of "im going, do u fancy coming aswell? for moral support?" instead of saying "get urself checked"
  • Options
    I havn't slagged her bf off, and tried the sensitive approach. but shes on the defensive :( i'm so worried. I had already mentioned about a check aswell b4 i found out what i now know
  • Options
    im sorry, i wasnt trying to imply you HAD slagged him off. i just know if i knew my younger sisters bf was sleeping around behind her bk id be so mad that i may end up slagging him off! was just mentioning that IF you got tempted to do it, then it could push her closer to him as she's in denial.
    what did she say about the check?
  • Options
    im sorry, i wasnt trying to imply you HAD slagged him off. i just know if i knew my younger sisters bf was sleeping around behind her bk id be so mad that i may end up slagging him off! was just mentioning that IF you got tempted to do it, then it could push her closer to him as she's in denial.
    what did she say about the check?

sorry i didnt mean it to sound bitchy. she said that my mum told her it was nothing to worry about. god i've never felt angry, upset confused all at once like this
  • Options
    ~MINXY~ wrote: »
    sorry i didnt mean it to sound bitchy. she said that my mum told her it was nothing to worry about. god i've never felt angry, upset confused all at once like this

it didnt sound bitchy, its fine, i just wanted to double check with u wot i meant.
    what did ur mum mean was nothing to worry about? if she meant having an STI is nothing - does she know your sister's bf is cheating on her? because im sure if she knew then she'd be worried.
    do you know if he practices safe sex with your sister and this girl?
  • Options
    he doesn't practise safe sex which pisses me off cos my sister thinks she is pregnant. And this other girl i know doesn't. I've known her about 4 years she was seing my bf behind my back 4 years ago and i got something so it wouldn't suprise me. My mum is an alcoholic so she is useless, when i was a kid she used to phone an ambulance if i knocked my head so i would never take advise from her. I havn't spoke to her in years
  • Options
    aww hun, thats harsh! sounds like you're pretty sensible though. How old are you? I dont know if ud want to do it, or even if anything could be done by them, but is ringing social services an option? as your mother's got drink problems and your sister's possibly pregnant. She needs to take a pregnancy test asap tho to find out where she stands, and in my opinion she really needs to get rid of her bf
  • Options
    he doesn't practise safe sex which pisses me off cos my sister thinks she is pregnant.

Maybe suggest that your sister visits a FPC or, a Brook centre (is it Brook - I'm sure a mod will know) to check up on this then, just so she knows. I'm sure the minute they find out they're not using protection, they'll suggest a STI check. They're alot less clinical than doctors, and more relaxed than a doctors surgery as well (well. Ours is.) so it might be a bit more comfortable for her than visiting her family GP - which might be what's a bit daunting for her.
  • Options
    I'm 22. I just spoke to my sister and although i wanna say 'dump the loser' i cant so i said 'i understand how your feeling, i know you dont wanna believe me but when you need me i will be here for you, please get tested to be on the safe side, and be careful'. i also advised her to use some form of contraception. I just guess i have to let her come to me now.
  • Options
    I'm 22. I just spoke to my sister and although i wanna say 'dump the loser' i cant so i said 'i understand how your feeling, i know you dont wanna believe me but when you need me i will be here for you, please get tested to be on the safe side, and be careful'. i also advised her to use some form of contraception. I just guess i have to let her come to me now.

well u sound v grown up+mature.....uve done all you can for the moment. if u mention more stuff to her, then she may rebell against you!
    just be there for her when she needs you, because she will need you!
  • Options
    You should tell your sister how worried you are and that it would make you feel a lot better if she visted the doctor to get checked out. It might not be an s.t.i. it could be something and nothing or it could be something more serious. The sooner she see's a professional the better. Don't mention anything about s.t.i.'s as it may offend her, i'm sure if she has told you about this problem that she is just as worried as you are and probably doesn't want to think badly of her other half.