Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

names

2»

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mine is ermm..in the harry potter books theres a centaur called firenze which I thought was a cool name, for no apparent reason (im a geek) but it was taken, and the same day someone had called me firey so i added it to the front. bit random really.
    Firenze is a city in Italy. ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's got nothing to do with crocodiles, and all to do with asbestos.
    nile_crocodile_0082.jpg

Mine is because I was wearing them at the time.
  • Options
    Mine's is the year I was born. :)
  • Options
    Just how my name sounds in a scummy leeds accent.
  • Options
    God, this has been done to death!

Anyhow, since I'm bored...

I wanted to name myself Sophia (it wasn't taken back then yet) and then I remembered that Sophia means wisdom, but didn't like it just bare, so I added the blue to the front 'cause it's my favourite colour.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Willies.

Erm, it was my gaming tag, and since then, it has stuck.
  • Options
    supernoodle>supernoogle>noodle>noogle>noog.

Pretty straight forward :)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's got nothing to do with crocodiles, and all to do with asbestos.

Asbestors! Ahh, I 've encountered that evil stuf in my travels. Infact, I am probably going to die because of it, as I had no protective mask.

fucking stuff.
  • Options
    Do I win a prize if this is the 100th time I've answered this question out of boredom?

It's 'cos I play the piccolo (used to play in 4 or 5 ensembles when I first joined TheSite) and 'cos I'm little.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    Do I win a prize if this is the 100th time I've answered this question out of boredom?

It's 'cos I play the piccolo (used to play in 4 or 5 ensembles when I first joined TheSite) and 'cos I'm little.

Picollo (spelt differently) is a character from the DragonBall series. Random piece of info there.
  • Options
    not telling
  • Options
    Just sounds kinda dreamy... and Orchids are pretty awesome flowers.
    Couldn't think of a better one... so Thats the one i'm stuck with.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Erm, it was my gaming tag, and since then, it has stuck.

Same here
  • Options
    because i`m little n my name's Alison :)
  • Options
    A few years ago, I was the first out of my group of mates that were my age to start taking Ecstasy really heavily and all my mates used to call me a Pill Head, it then turned to Pill head Ed, because my name is Ed, and then Pill'Ed which is my nickname now.
  • Options
    I started out as Fáfnir VII, Fáfnir is the name of a dragon in the Norse myths, a man turned into one because of greed (through a cursed ring) who then got killed by a guy egged on by Fáfnir's brother. The VII I added because 7 is my favorite number and I hate numbers in usernames so roman it is. :)

I was depressed at the time and I sort of created this character in my head who went by this name. A strong figure who protects. Maybe a bit like how young kids develop split personalities? hehe.

Anyway, I did end up changing because I started feeling a bit odd for using a male name. :P So I chose Jaloux because I think it looks cool. I also love saying it even if I have no guarantee that my way is the right way to do it.
  • Options
    How do you change your name?

Mine sounds perverted and childish, I don't really like it although both of those characteristics could be applied to me.

I've had a few different names on here. I think I was *k-t* and I was something else I can't remember too.
  • Options
    Just kind of came into my head when i was registering, i like chocolate and used to get called fairy when i was younger so .... nothing that exciting!
  • Options
    Its a line from one of my fav songs by MCR, and is my user name in most places

"Love is the red of the rose on your coffin door, whats life like bleeding on the floor?"
  • Options
    I only discovered this website after my brother died and because he was a part of it I decided to have the name Jake0's sister because his user name was Jake0.
  • Options
    Dr John Carter is clearly the best character there ever was in ER (with the possible exception of Romano before the accident) so there you go...
  • Options
    a heyoka is a spirit (from celtic mythology i think) of contradiction. it does the opposite of what it should (shiver in a heat wave, or claim to be burning up in a snow storm) and just does everything backwards and diffrent.

im focusing on the diffrent aspect, in that i like to be a little different and unconventional sometimes.
  • Options
    Heyoka wrote:
    a heyoka is a spirit (from celtic mythology i think) of contradiction. it does the opposite of what it should (shiver in a heat wave, or claim to be burning up in a snow storm) and just does everything backwards and diffrent.

im focusing on the diffrent aspect, in that i like to be a little different and unconventional sometimes.

I like it. It's thoughtful.