Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

question for people who get extremely nervous during sexual activites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whats the best way for your partner to help you to relax, so that you enjoy stuff more+just 'let go' of your inhibitions??? Is there anything that makes you more nervous, and anything that makes u just relax totally?
thanx

Comments

• Options
    Being put under pressure to give an Oscar-winning performance usually kills off a man's erection, so it might be best not to say something like that. I think the best way to relax in bed is to spend some time getting to know each other's bodies and not to rush straight into nookie.
  • Options
    If I could bottle the necessary mixture of trust, relaxation and confidence then I'd be a multi-billionairess.

I can't, I'm not, you just have to believe that it comes with time and experience.
  • Options
    Having the lights off - that way you take away the pressure of worrying about your body or whether you're pulling a funny face or whether your partner is pulling a funny face etc etc.
  • Options
    There isn't really much you can do, to be honest, beign intimate with a new person can be a nerve-wracking experience. If you're nervous it gets easier with time, as you realise that your gf isn't going to laugh at your knob and tell her mates that you're shite in bed.
  • Options
    I think I need to do the 'knowing them really well, trust and realtionship' thing...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    as you realise that your gf isn't going to laugh at your knob

You mean the old "it looked like E.T's finger" line? :)
  • Options
    It's more the "he was hung like a hamster" line...
  • Options
    I think it's sometimes hard to get the right balance - it's always good to have a bit of trust before you sleep with someone (to avoid the risk of the aforementioned hamster lines) but then sometime if you build up to it too much then the nerves are bound to kick in.

I'll be honest, I almost always get quite shy and embarrased if I get intimate with somebody new. Once I get going I'm fine and there's probably no reason to be so timid, but I'm guessing it's a confidence and relaxation thing more than anything.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Bri-namite wrote:

I'll be honest, I almost always get quite shy and embarrased if I get intimate with somebody new. Once I get going I'm fine and there's probably no reason to be so timid, but I'm guessing it's a confidence and relaxation thing more than anything.

:yes: tis true.

You may find this article on sex with a new partner offers more wise words.
    Have fun and take care ;)
  • Options
    drugs and alcohol usually work for me
  • Options
    dan moody wrote:
    drugs and alcohol usually work for me

You probably need them ... oral sex while having a shit. Classy!

On a serious note to the OP, try and set aside enough time for your lovemaking. If you are trying to scramble out a quickie session in a short period of time because of location, parents, flatmates etc, then there is a lot of pressure on you to perform and you may not be able to relax (some people love this kind of pressure but many don't). Make sure you have enough time to just lie there and chat, caress, kiss etc ... so that the lovemaking becomes an end result of the mood rather than a hasty objective.