Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you ever look back...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
at your old posts and think someone else was writing them?

I accidently had a look at one of my posts from 2002, and the style it's written and the things i say just don't seem like me. Although i'm fairly sure it was me :chin:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was so embarrassed by most of my old posts that I've edited them to ".", it made me cringe to read them again!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was so embarrassed by most of my old posts that I've edited them to ".", it made me cringe to read them again!
    I don't know if I should giggle at your silliness or commend on your will to do this for post after post. :p

I think I still write in the same way, pretty much. Last time someone said that they've changed I look at mine, and I don't see a difference, although I've actually changed a lot.
  • Options
    Caught JsT out though when he tried to quote and embarrass me, because I had ALREADY EDITED IT mu hahaha.
  • Options
    I feel like I should go back and look. But I can remember stuff, being a bit beligerant etc as a nub.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Caught JsT out though when he tried to quote and embarrass me, because I had ALREADY EDITED IT mu hahaha.
    :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I feel like I should go back and look. But I can remember stuff, being a bit beligerant etc as a nub.
    Much nicer as well.
  • Options
    yep, especially the ones from when I first came here.
  • Options
    How I long to be back in 2003 when me and Char used to fill the boards with juvenile nonsense :D
  • Options
    I sometimes do, but I don't feel any regret, hahha EVER!!!!
  • Options
    well i've been here 3 1/2 years, i'd hope i would change somehow! i've grown up quite a bit i'd say but that's to be expected too. i'm also more wisely/experienced with things but again that comes with age. :)
  • Options
    No I dont tend to go back at read the archives unless I'm looking for some particular thread. I dont think my writing style has changed that much in two years.
  • Options
    Done it a few times and fuck it's funny. Shows ya how much you mature in such a short time, or regress in my case. ;)
  • Options
    Nah I couldn't bear it. It's like watching old home videos and thinking "what a twat I was". And ironically, I'll be thinking the same thing about my current self in a few years time. So I guess I'll just always be a twat. :yeees:
  • Options
    I can't really look that far back all my original posts were deleted. lala. :D
  • Options
    God Yes. It was 2002 and i was 15. :sour:
  • Options
    Well I used to have a different name on here.

I don't think I would necessarily be embarrassed to read my old posts but I wouldn't want to be reminded of some of my old problems (and ex boyfriends!)
  • Options
    When I looked back at my post I felt so ashamed i edited most of them. :blush: I was under another username so i guess only i can feel the shame atm.

And God was I a twat sometimes. I'm glad that's over.
  • Options
    I'm not embarrassed but its amazing how well I spell now:D
  • Options
    Not been here long enough, but I definately look back at things i've done in my life and think, wtf were you playing at idiot?! :D
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    :(
    That was very funny though :D At least, I found it funny :(
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    at your old posts and think someone else was writing them?

I accidently had a look at one of my posts from 2002, and the style it's written and the things i say just don't seem like me. Although i'm fairly sure it was me :chin:

Yea, did you see that post I quoted of mine a few days ago? Sounded like a right demented fuckwit.
  • Options
    I do but 5000 of my posts were deleted when my account was deleted.

I often get upset when I look back at the 2004/2005/early 2006 LJ entries though. I've changed so much. I've grown up lots too. When I read them, I realise how silly I was and where I made stupid mistakes. It also makes me cringe because its like "gawwwddd, I sound so miserable!!!!!!!"

I was thinking about deleting it and making a new one but nahhh, too much effort!
  • Options
    You've changed LOADS even just the last few months in LJ Stace :)
  • Options
    Hahahaha. I knowwwwww. Its a good thing though :D
  • Options
    Yeah, I used to go on about who I shagged when I shagged in the most intricate of details. Argh.

THE SHAME.

Now I just tell you about when I text fishy lyrics to and the result of it, ha.

:razz:
  • Options
    Hahahaha. I knowwwwww. Its a good thing though :D
    I know it's a good thing, that's why I said :)
  • Options
    Hehehehe, ok :)

1983 - Your fishy lyrics make me laugh! THOU SHALL HAVE A FISHY ON A LITTLE DISHY, THOU SHALL HAVE A FISHY WHEN THE BOAT COMES INNNNNN!

(Those lyrics were stuck in my head today whilst in a lecture >.<)
  • Options
    fuck yes, it's so shameful when I read the crap I wrote even just yesterday
  • Options
    Meh. I wrote / write some total crap. I do think I've matured a little bit though. I'm still a bitch and I still get angry whenever I see certain names on the boards. I joined when I was at uni and now I'm all grown up with a house and partner. Oh how times change!
  • Options
    i really don't what to go back and look at my posts...sometimes i'm suprised i haven't been banned