Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nintendo DS

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ooooo I can't wait to get mine this month :D

What games would people recommend?

I'm already getting Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart.

When I first got my DS (the old version) ages and ages ago I got Mario Karts with it and its a great game.

Then I bought super mario bros which is just fab!

Need to buy some more games, also got nintendogs which i would totally not reccomend but my grandma told me "everyone plays it" and thats why she bought me it.

And my mum got me super princess peach game for xmas which is pretty good but want something compleltly different.
  • Options
    i'll get the woman to take me there on saturday then i think and have a look. i think i saw a games shop just off the high street once...just slightly up from where the new primark is...is that the same one?
  • Options
    It's ok, mums taking my 90 quid camera back today and is going to buy me a DS and a game with it instead (santa got my pressies mixed up in his bag :().

So I am happy. I said one of the following games based on the advice in this thread:
    - mario
    - mario kart
    - metroid
    - 42 best games of all time

:-)

so hopefully should be pleased. Was hesitant about the more social games, because I have no friends. :(
  • Options
    metroid is a bit pants tbh.
  • Options
    thread:

- mario kart
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    metroid is a bit pants tbh.

nevermind, only got a small chance of getting that. I like RPGs anyway.

Can't wait for zelda :yum:
  • Options
    Yea but final fantasy is final fantasy. I dunno, purely because of the fandom I have thus far avoided it (along with playstations). Maybe I'm naïve. Ah well, they were out of stock :( so going tomorrow with mum (and of course, be dragged round clothes shops for 2 hours!! :crying:). What one essential, unmissable game would you recommend? Bear in mind I will get bored of the sims and those kind of... games.

Whats wrong with metroid :( I loved it on the SNES (or was it N64?). Completed it in like, one day once. My ultimate achievement. The wall jumping section was evil until you got the hang of it.

I miss shinobi too. :( So yea:

What one essential, unmissable game would you recommend?
  • Options
    New Super Mario Bros.

And the newer metroid games are first person now. I've never really liked the series but hey, some people love it.
  • Options
    Metroid should have stayed 2d
  • Options
    Mk:ds
  • Options
    So how does wifi work?

My 'net at uni is severly port blocked (i.e. only http, ftp and one or two (ssl?) ports are open), so I guess it's not going to work?

Also, Mario is too hard :(. I've got 6 lives left and I'm halfway through world 3. I'm tempted to go back to world 1 and just spam easy levels to get millions of lives.

So, more games then. :yum: Can you play that animal crossing by yourself? My girlfriend is wanting a DS now after playing the minigames. :D

eta: where the hell do you get warioware: touched from? :( I saw it when the DS first came out and I want it!
  • Options
    i want one for my birthday, but i`ve never had a games console/pad before and the controls seem daunting :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My 'net at uni is severly port blocked (i.e. only http, ftp and one or two (ssl?) ports are open), so I guess it's not going to work?
    Nah. In order for Nintendo's wifi to work you need these ports open:
    TCP 28910
    TCP 29900
    TCP 29901
    TCP 29920
    TCP 443
    And all UDP ports (1-65535).
  • Options
    Nah. In order for Nintendo's wifi to work you need these ports open:
    TCP 28910
    TCP 29900
    TCP 29901
    TCP 29920
    TCP 443
    And all UDP ports (1-65535).

its so confusing this wifi stuff :/

i just want someone to come round and show me how to do it haha. we have a wireless router in our house because we've got two computers, so like, how do i connect to other DS's through that?

im still addicted to super mario bros, animal crossing not so much but i visit it every day. i bought the sims 2 today. :]
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If your router broadcasts its SSID (it probably does) you'll have to look for it through the DS's options. The internet options though are only available through a game that can connect.
    Unless you want to set it up manually (which I'd recommend, but it's not easy for everyone) it's as simple as looking in the list that appears and choosing your own router. You'll just have to enter an encryption code, if your router uses one.
    As for the ports, most routers have UPnP, so there will probably be no problem. That's a function that opens them whenever they're needed.

If it doesn't work so simply, you'll need someone who knows how to set up the router...