Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bored on Christmas day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im so bored today its unbelievable :confused:

There is naff all on tv and nobody is out and about, as everyone is staying in with their families.

Thank god i was born in a era with high speed internet access.

Whats other people been doing today??

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    have a Xmas wank
  • Options
    done that!

that took up about 5 mins of my day :)
  • Options
    Yeah you cant exactly pop up to the shops either.
  • Options
    Ive just opened good old Jacky D .. so drunky drunkness to come .. wooo ...
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Ive just opened good old Jacky D .. so drunky drunkness to come .. wooo ...

Good point i might just get drunk. Im really dying for a ciggarette too, but with no shops open and my olds about i have no chance!

Still Ricky Gervais is on channel 4 tonight :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Went for lunch with some family (boring), played games, came here, watched an amazing episode of a TV series (not dr who), had some trouble with ordering food, and that's it so far.
  • Options
    Nah i didnt see it. Im not a fan of Dr Who

To many gollywogs and people with big ears for my liking.

There is never a hot woman around when you need one, failing that some good christmas tv would be good.
  • Options
    Went for lunch with some family (boring), played games, came here, watched an amazing episode of a TV series, had some trouble with ordering food, and that's it so far.

Is anywhere open today ?? i thought everywhere was closed. Even McDonald's !

:yippe:
  • Options
    Doctor Who?
  • Options
    Did fuck all, drinking a few bottles now and waiting for a mate to collect me to take me to a shebeen, should be a good night.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Did fuck all, drinking a few bottles now and waiting for a mate to collect me to take me to a shebeen, should be a good night.

Whats a shebeen ? :confused:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    Whats a shebeen ?

An illegal pub, very homely, got the old Irish traditional set up, fire, stove, old men in chairs smoking pipes, good craic.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Calvin wrote:

Well, this place was open. Don't try to order from it though, I doubt you're in their delivery range (it's in a corner of the seaside street of Athens). :p
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    An illegal pub, very homely, got the old Irish traditional set up, fire, stove, old men in chairs smoking pipes, good craic.

Interesting, you learn something new every day. Surely if its illegal the police would close it down ?

Is it like a lock in after hours?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    Interesting, you learn something new every day. Surely if its illegal the police would close it down ?

Well im just guessing here :p .. but im pretty sure the police dont know about it :p
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:

Police have raided it a few times. I live in south armagh though, police rarely venture round my neck of the woods so it's not too bad.

Aye, Christmas is slightly different, probably close at 3 or so but there's been times where it's been open 24/7. Wouldn't always be my first option but it's my friends birthday today and it's like a ritual to go there for her birthday.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:

Nah. Alot of pubs and stuff are open.

The pub I worked at in the summer was open today. About 80% of the staff were forced to work. Its a carvery so Christmas day is a very popular day to visit there. So glad I don't work there anymore though. I'd never want to work Christmas day.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:

Aye, Christmas is slightly different, probably close at 3 or so but there's been times where it's been open 24/7. Wouldn't always be my first option but it's my friends birthday today and it's like a ritual to go there for her birthday.

Cool, enjoy your night. Im sure there will be no police out tonight. They will all be at home on Christmas night.

have a good one :thumb:
  • Options
    Nah. Alot of pubs and stuff are open.

The pub I worked at in the summer was open today. About 80% of the staff were forced to work. Its a carvery so Christmas day is a very popular day to visit there. So glad I don't work there anymore though. I'd never want to work Christmas day.

I think it would depend on how much i was being paid. Mind it would have to be a lot before i would go in on Christmas Day and run around fetching brussel sprouts :) for customers.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    I think it would depend on how much i was being paid. Mind it would have to be a lot before i would go in on Christmas Day and run around fetching brussel sprouts :) for customers.
    Its pretty shit from what I've heard. For all those working (and its most of the people who work there) they are paid how they normally would be paid. However, for those who normally work full time, they get a £25 bonus whereas the people who normally work part time get a £12.50 bonus.
  • Options
    Its pretty shit from what I've heard. For those who normally work full time, they get a £25 bonus whereas the people who normally work part time get a £12.50 bonus.

I think i would just call in sick! :D
  • Options
    HA. You wouldn't get away with it. Not in that place.

The manager would make you come in to see how ill you were.
  • Options
    i've been eating all day long and watching films. then fell asleep for a few hours and now i'm eating again :D
  • Options
    HA. You wouldn't get away with it. Not in that place.

The manager would make you come in to see how ill you were.

I know the feeling, when i called in sick one sunday morning at work the manager called me back to say i had been seen 'shitfaced' out on the town the night before.

some people just dont let up when your hungover!

• Options
    Just back down here after a 3 and a half hour drive because I'm working tomorrow :(

Been a good day though, had a good nosh and a good drink. People seemed to be happy enough with the presents I got them so it's all good really :D
  • Options
    you gotta work tomorrow, oh thats harsh. Dont people get holidays anymore??
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I had fun earlier but bored now!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I had fun earlier but bored now!

What did you do, I find Twister is good fun at Christmas.
  • Options
    I'm a bit bored now cos everyone has gone to bed. So all alone.
    What I did today: lay the table, opened presents, played scrabble, ate, that's about it.

I was gonna go round my mates but too late now and too cold to walk down there and I've hada few glasses of wine so not taking my scooter out.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I'm a bit bored now cos everyone has gone to bed. So all alone.
    What I did today: lay the table, opened presents, played scrabble, ate, that's about it.

I was gonna go round my mates but too late now and too cold to walk down there and I've hada few glasses of wine so not taking my scooter out.

Ah well even more of an excuse to stay and chat crap on here :)