Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

anyone else not getting anything for christmas?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Love the spin, you should be a journo. You're getting £200 for Christmas, which is a damn sight more than me.

But then again I just bought a rather swooshing drill, so now I can make holes in things :hyper:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have no idea what I am getting for Christmas. David won't tell me and the cats are being useless spies :grump:

I did go a bit mad this year with presents though. Never mind :)
  • Options
    I'd love the £200 but im scared i'll spend it on somthing dumb. gonna try X box hunting again.
  • Options
    I won't have much to open either, my presents from my parents are of the cash variety. I've kept a coupple of things from friends to take with me so I won't be completely giftless. I will be spending Christmas with my 7 year old sister though, so I'll get to watch her open presents instead :) There is something extra exciting about watching kids get excited with wrapping paper on Christmas Day :D
  • Options
    the cats are being useless spies :grump:

The cats will know what it is, but they love to torment.

They're all fluffy satans.

My mum's bought our little fluffy bag of shite a present...God knows what she'll be like with grandkids :nervous:
  • Options
    My fiance's not getting anything. His dad isn't being paid untill 26th December, so apart from a few presents from my family (and the holiday i bought for us), he hasn't got anything to open.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    he hasn't got anything to open.

*insert sex related comment here*

:D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    But then again I just bought a rather swooshing drill, so now I can make holes in things :hyper:

If you are getting excited about power tools you know you're getting old. I got given a tool box one year (which I did need) but to soften the blow they filled it with sweets.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    My mum's bought our little fluffy bag of shite a present...God knows what she'll be like with grandkids :nervous:

Yeah well I was going to get him something annoying with a bell in it but you wouldn't let me :grump:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Grandparents always buy annoying or noisy toys that you'd never buy yourself, ever, ever. Like guns that make strange noises, other guns that fire ping pong balls, drum kits and talking Hulks. All genuine examples courtesy of my Dad, Godluv'im. :D

I know what I've got, I picked it! So not much to open here, but I'm a bit past being bothered about that, I think. :D
  • Options
    ive give up any present to have Lenny here for christmas to see him opening his presents, rather than at his fucking fathers house :(
  • Options
    I'd love the £200 but im scared i'll spend it on somthing dumb. gonna try X box hunting again.
    Invest it. ;)
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    If you are getting excited about power tools you know you're getting old.

Butbutbutbut...I can make HOLES in THINGS! :hyper:
  • Options
    i must be getting on, christmas is more about catching up with friends and family these days tbh, think i am getting some ankle supports and earphones this year, woot woot....will be more fun giving, i'm taking everyone out this year as money's always been too tight to do family stuff together, haven't been bowling in ages and want to see the new james bond so it'll kill two birds with one stone :)
  • Options
    I've got quite a few xmas presents. And then probably the odd tenner off family etc.

No birthday presents off my friends though. :grump:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Doing DIY is scabbing anyway, you're taking work away from tradesmen.
  • Options
    Yay! I got an X-box after all!
  • Options
    but its not christmas yet?
  • Options
    Im not playing it, I just bought it.
  • Options
    Im not playing it, I just bought it.

and what about that schoolwork you are going to do all xmas day?:razz:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yes, very phallic indeed, drills are... :yes: :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    The cats will know what it is, but they love to torment.

They're all fluffy satans.

They are being mean to me. I thought I had the things trained :grump:

My parents are here at the moment and, given that they don't like cats very much, they seem to be doing a good job of spoiling them ...
  • Options
    deep fantom: if you dont wanna spend money on someone you dont want to then dont, also if its gonna put you out (as in get you in debt) then dont do it either.

:rolleyes: Wasn't serious, just thinking about all that money involved. I love getting people good Christmas presents, almost more than I like recieving (it hasn't really come to that point yet :p).
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    and what about that schoolwork you are going to do all xmas day?:razz:
    Come on, a choice of homework or Xbox 360. I know which one I'd go for if I was a teenage boy. :p