Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

4Play

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long as a guy do you do 4play with your g/f /partner before "doing it?"

I do about 30 mins, is that about normal?

Please advise me.

Comments

• Options
    Normal is whatever works for you.
  • Options
    Well said... although I think longer = more enticing = more enjoyable at the end of it!
  • Options
    I have never had sex. There is a possibility that i may do so over the christmas. I was just wondering if 30 would normally be enough to get most girls wet enough so it dont hurt to much for her.
  • Options
    Don't try to clinicalise and regiment it, just go with the flow... Do whatever feels right for you!
  • Options
    5 minutes of brilliant 4Play will get her wet enough, an hour of shit foreplay will leave her bored.
  • Options
    Edited because I'm a moron!! Sorry.
  • Options
    5 minutes of brilliant 4Play will get her wet enough, an hour of shit foreplay will leave her bored.

So true.
  • Options
    I just dont wanna hurt her but want her REALLY turned on before I start. 1 To make it easier for both of us, 2 to give a chance for some nerves to go away!
  • Options
    it probaly up to the individual. different things float different people boats
  • Options
    rpcb61 wrote:
    I just dont wanna hurt her but want her REALLY turned on before I start. 1 To make it easier for both of us, 2 to give a chance for some nerves to go away!
    I understand what you mean, but you can't put a figure on it or anything. Just go with your instincts, listen to her, then if you both feel ready whip it out and stick it in (or something to that effect). If you're both not completely comfortable then it's not a requirement to go all the way. It's not an "I've started so I'll finish" situation.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your support. We will of course always practice safe sex!
  • Options
    Absolutely :yes:
  • Options
    I just hope 30 mns will do the trick, if not I wont bother with sex.
  • Options
    Go with the flow (literally, perhaps).

Sometimes loads and loads of foreplay is a the best thing in the world and sometimes you just can't wait to get to the main event. Don't go into it with the attitude "I'll give her 30 minutes max and if she ain't ready to be penetrated then sod this for a game of soldiers"; there is NO time limit and there are NO rules. Of course, in an ideal world you would both be enjoying yourself to the extent that you have completely forgotten what year it is... never mind how long you've been involved in foreplay.

Oh, and if in doubt, lick her muff ;) :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks for the advice, I will take it on board, I just cant help but think will be rubbish at it all!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    rpcb61 wrote:
    thanks for the advice, I will take it on board, I just cant help but think will be rubbish at it all!

The fact that you've come here looking for advice shows that you're keen to please, so with that attitude things are bound to be at least ok to start if not great! ;)

You might find TheSite's articles on clitoris confidence and giving her good head helpful - and be sure to let her know what you like too. :thumb:
  • Options
    ok thanks. I dont like licking her so i wont to that, but I and all for fingers
    and i find after a while 15 mins say fingers seems to slide deeper without trying.
  • Options
    rpcb61 wrote:
    ok thanks. I dont like licking her so i wont to that,
    aww poor girl.
  • Options
    Like someone said earlier, go with the flow. Don't think 'ok, here's tonights itinerary:

2 minutes kissing
    2 minutes undressing
    5 minutes groping
    10 minutes blowjob
    15 minutes fingering
    wetness check...

if wet enough proceed with 10 minutes of intercourse.'

Whilst that's supposed to a light-hearted exaggeration, I'm sure you see what I mean. Best is just to do whatever feels good for both of you and don't worry so much about whether you're going to have sex or not. The best time is when you're both really horny and just want it badly, because then you'll be too busy enjoying yourself to worry about other things.

Or do what I did and do it by accident :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks. I just dont wanna give her an experience that means she wont want it with me again. I love her very dearly!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Oh, and if in doubt, lick her muff ;) :thumb:

:lol: (works for me! :o )

But seriously. I'm not keen on loads, so I would have got very bored and very dry by the time 30 minutes was up. As everyone else has said, don't look at clocks, just go with whatever feels right at the time.
  • Options
    General guide, if your fingers will easily slip in deep, then other things will probably do the same! ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone actually look at the clock?
  • Options
    rpcb61 wrote:
    How long as a guy do you do 4play with your g/f /partner before "doing it?"

I do about 30 mins, is that about normal?

Please advise me.

If it works for you then it's normal. Personally though it all depends on how i feel. Sometimes i like to take my time and lead up to the sex. this may include sensual massage, mutual masterbation, kissing, tying up, licking etc. Other times i just want to get straight to the good part and to hell with the foreplay.
  • Options
    Only in a lunch break!
  • Options
    Does anyone actually look at the clock?

Why do we need to look at the clock? :chin: My man is watching football downstairs so i've got a few hours to talk bollocks on the net before he comes back up.
  • Options
    but isnt taking ages to prepare ya partner a good thing?
  • Options
    To a certain extent yes, but with warm bodies and evaporation etc I often find that with time things can dry out a little.
  • Options
    rpcb61 wrote:
    but isnt taking ages to prepare ya partner a good thing?

Trust me, you DON'T think about time when it comes to sex. Most people just seriously take it as it comes, if you think about it too much you won't let yourself sink in completely into the absolute joy of a really good shag. Don't think, just do.
  • Options
    I just wanna make her happy - whats wrong with that? If I take a while to prepare her and me surely its a good thing!