Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diving Ronaldo

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, Hughes as as pure as the cold driven snow :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hey, at least in this country the press criticise divers more or less without reservations. In Spain if a player dives and tricks the ref into giving a penalty, some of the press celebrates the 'cheekiness' and 'street wisdom' of the player in question.

Whereas more English players appear to be involved in such incidents I'd say that by large it is an import from overseas, and that the number of cases have increased in direct proportion to the number of foreign players playing here.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The biggest cheats in the Premier League have all played for United, with the exceptions of Pires, Owen and Drogba. We have the thugs Cantona and Keane, the new divers Rooney, Ruud and Ronaldo, Mark Hughes, Solksjaer, Sheringham, Ince, Kanchelskis...

Of course the self-confessed ABU knows best doesn't he? :lol:

The worst cheats at the moment are Rooney, Ronaldo, van Persie and Drogba. Agreed? Only one of them is English.

I wouldn't be so sure. I've actually seen Andy Johnson dive more than Drogba this season. And Gerrard's dived as much as Ronaldo. And God knows how you've managed to omit Robben from that list. And obviously you have an aversion to players who don't belong to one of the big clubs. What about Zokora at Spurs? Darren Bent likes a dive from time to time as well, he's English.
  • Options
    I haven't seen Zokora dive, although Bent falls over a bit easy, he's not in the top ten of cheats. Johnson isn't as bad as the Plastic Geordie claims, and he's got a bit of an unfair rep IMHO.

Bear in mind I have to watch MotD as I have a mortgage instead of a Sky dish:)
  • Options
    Dive = red card. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    So, does anyone want to defend the diving Portuguese charver

I say dive away. Get as many pens as possible and get Rooney to score them. That way I'll get an assist from Ronaldo and a goal from Rooney to help boost my ailing Premierhip Fantasy League team.

:D
  • Options
    hehe this is a funny thread.

Ronaldo did dive, but what else is new...
    First Arsenal penalty wasn't a dive, but it wasn't a pen either.
    I didn't see v. Persie handle so I thought it was a pen.

Anyway, what's really interesting is Paul Jewell being quoted on SkySports the diving should be legalized...(or maybe I missed the sarcasm???)

And also, Ronaldo has done everything but actually say that he dived for the penalty.
    worse things have happened this season, for sure.
  • Options
    Well, Emile Heskey does play for Wigan ;)
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    And yet, Ronaldo's been named as player of the month :p
  • Options
    As a Man City fan, I was glad to see Corradi sent off for diving today. I wonder if Poll would've had the guts to do the same at the other end today though? :chin:
  • Options
    As a Man City fan, I was glad to see Corradi sent off for diving today. I wonder if Poll would've had the guts to do the same at the other end today though? :chin:

As a Man Utd fan, I was glad to see City get thumped today :D despite us playing poorly, city were just awful.
  • Options
    As a Man Utd fan, I was glad to see City get thumped today :D despite us playing poorly, city were just awful.
    Thumped? You were lucky to get a win. Well it was our own fault we lost. You didn't create a single goal of your own accord. We weren't that bad in our general play, but we need a few more areas strengthening yet (maybe some strikers that can take a chance once in a while). I can't say I fancy your defence in Europe though. Some of that stuff was diabolical, and if we had half-decent strikers we would've punished you. Suppose you'd been due one though. Haven't won a league derby in a while have you?
  • Options
    Thumped? You were lucky to get a win. Well it was our own fault we lost. You didn't create a single goal of your own accord. We weren't that bad in our general play, but we need a few more areas strengthening yet (maybe some strikers that can take a chance once in a while). I can't say I fancy your defence in Europe though. Some of that stuff was diabolical, and if we had half-decent strikers we would've punished you. Suppose you'd been due one though. Haven't won a league derby in a while have you?

I thought City gave as good an account of themselves as anyone at Old Trafford this season. It was an absolutely fantastic game - I'm really pissed off because I had the chance to go down to it, but I'm totally bogged down with exams at the moment so declined.

I wouldn't go as far as saying our defence was diabolical. We didn't get tight enough for your goal, and Van der Sar wasn't at his best when claiming high balls, but apart from that, we were fine. Vidic in particular was superb, especially under aerial bombardment from City. Scholes was man of the match by a country mile I thought, though alot of other players deserve credit.
  • Options
    Yep, I'd say Scholes was MOTM. Ronaldo and Rooney were good too. I though Saha could've been a bit more clinical and Carrick and Giggs seemed quiet. I thought your defence was a bit indecisive, and ours had it's monthly cock-up. They're usually solid, then they have a game every so often where everything they touch turns to shit. I thought Barton was brilliant for us, and our right hand side of Trabelsi and Richards was really good, except for when Trabelsi gave it away for the goal. Vassell was pretty good too. Kinda wished Ronaldo had been playing on the left instead, because Richards would've dealt with him no problem. As it was, I cringed when I saw Thatcher was marking him. Not helped by the fact that we had a striker on the left wing, so he had no cover.

But yeah, brilliant game, like pretty much all the derbies have been since we got back into the Premiership. The scoreline didn't reflect how close it was in my opinion. They're always really open games, but always pretty close. Best derby in the league though. Not like those boxing matches they like to call derbies down in Birmingham.
  • Options
    Yea, you gifted us most of our goals. I thought Richards was your best player, really impressive, especially at that age, it's gonna be hard to keep Chelsea's grubby mits of him - certainly better than the shite they have at right back. His injury didn't look too good yesterday when he had to go off. I didn't think Giggs played that well, and that was testimony to Richards. Would've been interesting if our wingers swapped around a bit more like usual. Carrick was fine - he's the perfect player to play alongside Scholes I think. Never puts a foot wrong. He's the unsung hero of our season.
  • Options
    I've always liked Carrick. You only have to look at Tottenham this season to see how important he is. Richards injury was just a dead leg apparently (though he was holding his side, so I don't know what that's about). None of our injuries were that serious according to Stuart Pearce. Was nice to see our new keeper get a run out though, he looks a bit tasty. And I thought Ireland played well when he came on as well, so there's a few positives to take from it. Still would've put Dickov on for Samaras given the chance though.
  • Options
    I've being on holiday but I thought I'd get my two pence in :)

If I was his team mate or manager I would give him a rollocking for that shameful dive, I'd honestly be embarrased to be part of the same team as him when he dives like that.

Other than that though obviously no-one who knows about football would argue that he is quality, I enjoy watching him but he really does need to cut it out, as far as I'm aware he has cut it out mainly so why he felt the need to do it I'm not sure, young naive lad maybe??

The "penalty" - How I saw it was that he went to dive and then changed his mind at the last minute, stumbled and fell over, my verdict no penalty but I can see why it was given (he conned the ref). The other dive was just a disgrace, I'd be embarrased if I was him and that was getting shown all round the world.

The thing thats worse is him (and plenty others) get away with it, he successfully conned the ref on both occasions and nothing gets done about it, until it does him and plenty others will carry on doing it. Its down to the FA/managers to dish out punishments to everyone not just Ronaldo.

But cos I'm an ABU I think i'm being a bit nice, so i'll just add at the end I hate the cheating charver prick and all the scum team :p lol