Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do You All Know What You're All Doing For New Year Eve?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I aint got a clue, might even organise something myself
(I'm thinking along the lines of an all you can eat and drink type thing - or a voucher system maybe give people 10 prepaid vouchers which they can then exchange for drinks)

- if you know what you are doing then:

a) what are you doing
b) how much you paying
c) what time does it start and finish?

Comments

• Options
    Going to Edinburgh to see 2ManyDJ's :razz:

I think tickets are £35..?

I can't plan times for NYE.
  • Options
    Probably hanging with Ed's friends again
    Free
    Probably starts anywhere from 5-8 and lasts until question mark. :shocking:

Good times though, if its the same as last year, just a few close friends and family, there were about 8ish total? tons of drinking with the delicious homemade n'orleans original hand gernade. Yum yum in the drunk tum.

Plus there were delicious grilled king crab legs last year (until one of the retard dogs ate some then threw up all over the place :\ )
  • Options

You can't plan times for NYE.

You can if your drinks licence don't cover it .. :thumb:
  • Options
    Hmm, I have edited.
  • Options
    Don't know at the moment, cant' decide whether to get some overtime in on NYD and NYE day shifts so have a quiet NYE in.. or have a loads of mates around for a piss up and lots of food? lol
  • Options
    Probably doing something with my old school friends, suspect that similar to last year won't be planned until 2 days before hand, and then will pick someones house, pretend we're cooking ourselves a nice dinner, but in reality rarely make it out the kitchen to the table, and drink lots.

This year however, we''ve dedcided to only invite people we actually like, rather than those we feel we ought to.
  • Options
    havent got a beef stew what im doing yet, probably involvs beer and partying tho.
  • Options
    just staying local for NYE in a big pub where i'll know everyone and get nicely pissed and harrassed.

might go see 2manyDJs on NYDay at the old brewery in manchester
  • Options
    Just another day for me really. I will be doing what I do everyday.
  • Options
    Definitely NOT going out, as in out out, as in club/pub. Overpriced, too busy and crap. We're throwing a Christmas party next week so hopefully one of our nice friends will throw a NYE party and invite us. We've got a load of fireworks left over from November to let off too :)
  • Options
    NYE is always well overrated and shit.

my mates having a xmas buffet next week which im llooking forward to.

well pissed right now.
  • Options
    I will be in snowy Norway with some of my best friends :yippe:
  • Options
    Yep kids borthday party followed by an early night because I'm on call on NYD
  • Options
    Well seeing as we will have a 2 - 3 week old baby and Mrs Ninja is breastfeeding so she (which equals us :p ) will be staying is. Might have a few friends and family round but for the first time in 18 years I won't be having a wild one.
  • Options
    i dont know what im doing yet, but if nothing comes up im severely tempted to babysit for my godson so that they can go out.

new years eve is crap, unless you have something specific to do, i cant be bothered with all the hassle!
  • Options
    My friend (who has a rather large house thankfully) is throwing a huge NYE party, since a lot of mine and the boyfriends friends aren't 18 yet. So we'll probably be there, me with as much booze from Home Bargains as I can carry. The house is in the middle of nowhere so the party is likely to carry on til about 4 (like they normally do)

Probably wont be able to afford to go into town, there's an "all night party" on the Boxing Day that me and the boyfriend are considering. Will be getting slightly tipsy Xmas Eve as well, as Mum and Dad are throwing a party.

All in all, a good drunken Christmas.
  • Options
    Well seeing as we will have a 2 - 3 week old baby and Mrs Ninja is breastfeeding so she (which equals us :p ) will be staying is. Might have a few friends and family round but for the first time in 18 years I won't be having a wild one.
    Ooh when is Mrs Ninj due?

I shall be spending NYE at home on my own, eating Christmas sweeties and watching crap telly. Cant wait :yeees:
  • Options
    my auntie and uncle have a party at their house with all the family

not exactly wild, but i can sit down if my feet hurt, get a drink without queuing, go the loo without standing in line and have food when i feel peckish :)

so i think i`ll be going there
  • Options
    I think my boyfriends having a party round his house i doubt it will be a wild one just a few mates round with some drinks but it should be a laugh
  • Options
    NYE is generally a bit crap, though I think this year will be amazing - we're throwing a party AND both of my big brothers will be here for the first time in years and years :D :yippe:
  • Options

Has she had the baby then or is she imminent?
    :hyper:
  • Options
    Piss all, I would expect.

I hate going out on NYE to pubs, it is always hateful, and as our friends are scattered to the four winds I expect it will be quite quiet.
  • Options
    i dont know what we`re doing yet :(
  • Options
    I just bought tickets to the Ashton Lane street party in Glasgow! 20 quid a pop though, they're not cheap...
  • Options
    Me and my mates were planning on going to Slamming Vinyl at the Birmingham NEC but now most of us can't afford to get up there (as we do live in Sussex) so I think I'll probably go down the pub for a bit and then go to a party somewhere.
  • Options
    The gf has something booked for just the two of us..no idea what it is though ??
  • Options
    The only thing I know is that if I'm not working (entirely possible, although I shouldn't be really, as I booked it off), I will be with the boy over New Year, as I'm not seeing him at Christmas. Other than that, not a clue.

Yeh.
  • Options
    No idea :) Don't think I'm working, but will probably be down the pub though :)
  • Options
    Probably get drunk somewhere in Derby. NY is always overrated. I have far better nights planned before and after new year.
  • Options
    Probably nothing :(