Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Christianity and foreplay/sex

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Museman wrote:
    I find that staggering. The Bible lays down how christians should live; you're not meant to make your own rules up, nor pick and choose (nor make spurious arguments to excuse yourself from the bits you don't like)! I'm absolutely amazed at the arguments some folks are finding to justify derogating from the sole source of their purported faith.
    Yes you clearly find it staggering that someone has different believes to you based on the same book. That there are some people who still believe in the teachings of christ, yet believe that the bible is actually just a 25th-hand translation of those teachings, rather than a point-by-point rulebook that has remained unaltered by human hands throughout the centuries. You can believe that divine intervention made the "correct" version of the text stay intact through the years (incidentally, I wonder which version it is), but you have no right to claim that those who don't believe the same thing have no right to call themselves Christian.

And like I said, the word marriage is just a subjective in it's meaning as the word sex.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    A Christian is someone who believes in Christ.

So whether you have sex or not, you're still a Christian.

And, as has been said, the Bible was not written as a text against sex.

Just do it.

With respect that misses the point. We all acknowledge that you can have pre-marital sex and be a christian - the issue is whether you think it's absolutely fine, or whether you don't but end up doing it anyway and wish you hadn't.

The Bible wasn't written as a text against sex? Course not. But is that a cogent justification for anything?! It wasn't written as a 'text against petty theft' either but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't considered sinful!
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Are you comparing pre-marital sex between 2 consenting adults to murder?

No, they're clearly not. They're making a point of principle; where do you draw the line? If you ignore one important part, how many others can you ignore?
  • Options
    sigh

in reality... and let's be realistic... you really thing GOD gives a flying frack who you screw? c'mon

I'm a Christian... practicing u can say from where I stand. That has nothing to do with where I stick it or who I stick. And personaly, I really dont think Jesus gives a frack either. The 'Bible' is not a hardcore playbook on how u should lead your life word for word.

What you should worry about are the reprocussions of what you do. Pregnancy, STDs, so on and so forth.. Also, is this something both want.

Now the difference between foreplay and sex are if u stuck it and where.

Just make sure you both want to and are safe doing it.

I had a dream once, in which GOD talked to me and said "Joe, don't worry yourself too much on what others think of you. Hell, screw the world, and do what u have to do." And I intend to...

and in response to something posted earlier....

Polygamy, may be a man made thing as "EVERYTHING" else. It's is good as long as your partner also thinks is good.. Else, is baaaad....
  • Options
    netvip3r wrote:
    in reality... and let's be realistic... you really thing GOD gives a flying frack who you screw? c'mon

I'm a Christian... practicing u can say from where I stand. That has nothing to do with where I stick it or who I stick. And personaly, I really dont think Jesus gives a frack either. The 'Bible' is not a hardcore playbook on how u should lead your life word for word.

What you should worry about are the reprocussions of what you do. Pregnancy, STDs, so on and so forth.. Also, is this something both want.

Now the difference between foreplay and sex are if u stuck it and where.

Just make sure you both want to and are safe doing it.

I had a dream once, in which GOD talked to me and said "Joe, don't worry yourself too much on what others think of you. Hell, screw the world, and do what u have to do." And I intend to...

and in response to something posted earlier....

Polygamy, may be a man made thing as "EVERYTHING" else. It's is good as long as your partner also thinks is good.. Else, is baaaad....
    :yes:
  • Options
    Pearly wrote:
    I wrote an article which touched on this earlier in the year, you may want to have a read...

White wedding

Tee hee hee! I have a quote in there :D
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    As a matter of interest, seeing as you know what a Christian is NOT, what in your opinion IS a Christian?

A Christian is someone who accepts that Jesus died for them, accepts him as a personal saviour, asks for forgivness; as in salvaton, being born again, ring any bells? and lives thier life for God.

Theres a difference between being just religious and being a Christian, im really not going to go into it to a bunch of people that obviously dont know anything about Christianity
  • Options
    Pearly wrote:
    I wrote an article which touched on this earlier in the year, you may want to have a read...

White wedding
    Was the OP a mod?
  • Options
    A Christian is someone who accepts that Jesus died for them, accepts him as a personal saviour, asks for forgivness; as in salvaton, being born again, ring any bells? and lives thier life for God.

Theres a difference between being just religious and being a Christian, im really not going to go into it to a bunch of people that obviously dont know anything about Christianity
    What's this got to do with sex?