Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost Mobile Phone

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Return it to them.

Its not yours so why keep it?
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Return it to them.

Its not yours so why keep it?

Because many feel that it is something deccent that costs alot of money so may as well keep it and use it for themselves. Not often you find something for free on the floor.

It may be morally wrong but evidently plenty would keep it.
  • Options
    i dont see the point in keeping them

most get blocked now anyway

they way i see it, is i wouldnt like it if someone found mine and kept it, so i wouldnt do it to someone else
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:

they way i see it, is i wouldnt like it if someone found mine and kept it, so i wouldnt do it to someone else

Agreed with all the above.

I've never found a phone or lost my own, but I did find one I would try to find the number to ring it and return it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    squeal wrote:
    Because many feel that it is something deccent that costs alot of money so may as well keep it and use it for themselves. Not often you find something for free on the floor.

It may be morally wrong but evidently plenty would keep it.
    It still belongs to someone else. Someone who does that is by definition a thief. Especially since it's easy to find who owns it.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:

Yep. I got mine blocked when it was nicked, even thoug it was probably worth nothing, and I was saving up for anew one anyway. Serves the thieving fuckers, who went as far to climb through my tutor room window to steal it, right! :D Get back to your education and stop stealing peoples phones I say!
  • Options
    Theres a lot of people who don't know their IMEI code, phone companies won't know if its a pay and go phone

Also ringing up the phone company to cancel the contract isn't that big a problem, considering most sensible people use PIN codes

A big problem is where people us contract SIM cards in other phones, without PIN Codes on.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I would give it back. It is the most furiating thing when you lose your phone. its not even the value that is the main issue with me, its all my numbers, and lovely little texts.

I would want my phone back, so therefore, i would give one back, should I find one.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Depends if the phone was better than mine, I might keep it.

Bin the sim card. TBH, I'd always break up the sim before binning it too. I have some (little) standards here at least.

I might even keep it if it was worse than mine, and mod the fuck out of the phone. Change the LED colours, fuck about with the firmware...