Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boy forces teacher into sex act and gets away with it

Purely for a bit of balance, lets discuss this charming young man.

Evil bastard, eh? Goes to show just what the rape laws do for women, doesn't it- a woman gets indecently assaulted and then gets put on trial for it.

he should get 12 months for the perjury and 12 years for the indecent assault.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's awful, I don't think they should put him down as a "child" He's a "teenager" and obviously old enough to know better!

I feel really sorry for her!

Who's gonna hold him down? while I cut off his manhood? :mad:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to say it, but the article doesn't convince me he forced her, it seems just as possible to me that she wanted to and of course denies it to keep herself out of prison.
    Supposing he did however, whether that's insane or not depends on how it was started...

If for example, the teacher just went immediately to the police and said she'd been raped, and they accused her for seducing a minor, then yes, it is insane!
    If she did nothing and it all started because someone found the tape, and supposing that there's nothing on the tape itself to suggest she had been forced (the article doesn't say if there was) then the charges made sense. If someone killed my friend when I was around and I didn't go to the police, and then someone found out that I was around when the friend died, it would make perfect sense for the police to think me a suspect, no? The only sure piece of evidence they have is the tape, and apparently all they can tell from it is that a student and a teacher had sex.

What I'm trying to say is, there's just not enough on the article for us, as outside observers, to tell what happened...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    but unfortuanlty in reality he probably wont.
  • Options
    Sorry to say it, but the article doesn't convince me he forced her, it seems just as possible to me that she wanted to and of course denies it to keep herself out of prison.
    Supposing he did however, whether that's insane or not depends on how it was started...

If for example, the teacher just went immediately to the police and said she'd been raped, and they accused her for seducing a minor, then yes, it is insane!
    If she did nothing and it all started because someone found the tape, and supposing that there's nothing on the tape itself to suggest she had been forced (the article doesn't say if there was) then the charges made sense. If someone killed my friend when I was around and I didn't go to the police, and then someone found out that I was around when the friend died, it would make perfect sense for the police to think me a suspect, no? The only sure piece of evidence they have is the tape, and apparently all they can tell from it is that a student and a teacher had sex.

What I'm trying to say is, there's just not enough on the article for us, as outside observers, to tell what happened...

I'm not convinced about the article, But, I'm sure there's a lot more to it, and it's been sifted through in detail for them to come up with this conclusion?
  • Options

If she did nothing and it all started because someone found the tape, and supposing that there's nothing on the tape itself to suggest she had been forced (the article doesn't say if there was) then the charges made sense.

i totally agree

if she had been forced, surely she would have reported it? she had with other cases

AND how can she not know it`d been filmed?

and as if u wouldnt just bite it n run.......
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    i totally agree

if she had been forced, surely she would have reported it?

AND how can she not know it`d been filmed?

and as if u wouldnt just bite it n run.......
    She might have been afraid to, it makes sense. But then again, she did report the earlier incidents. As for how she can not have known it was being filmed, it's not that difficult to hide a camera.
  • Options
    it's not that difficult to hide a camera.
    i`d say it would be when ur beng pleasured orally to hold a camera, or tuck it somwhere and press record without her seeing it
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    i`d say it would be when ur beng pleasured orally to hold a camera, or tuck it somwhere and press record without her seeing it
    Maybe he hid it in the room before she came in.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Purely for a bit of balance, lets discuss this charming young man.

Evil bastard, eh? Goes to show just what the rape laws do for women, doesn't it- a woman gets indecently assaulted and then gets put on trial for it.

That article has holes the size of cannon balls in it. How long was it between the sex act and his parents finding the video on his phone? There's also no mention about the boy being convicted of assulting the teacher and forcing her into the sex act.

I don't think this is a good story to restore "a bit of balance" to these boards. This women could easily have been involved in a relationship with the child in question.
  • Options
    Maybe he hid it in the room before she came in.
    and set it recording?

if thats the case....surely the video would have shown a weapon? or shown him forcing her to do it?

but it doesnt mention proof of any screwdriver being iin the video
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    and set it recording?

if thats the case....surely the video would have shown a weapon? or shown him forcing her to do it?

but it doesnt mention proof of any screwdriver being iin the video
    Hm, yes, that's right...
  • Options
    She was found not guilty of having sex with a minor, which isn't the same thing as him being guilty of rape.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    Purely for a bit of balance

It's not a competition. Both rape and false rape allegations are terrible crimes, both deserving of discussion.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Off topic really but one of my history teachers at school had not one - but TWO sexual relationships (that I know of) with boys half her age.
  • Options
    She was found not guilty of having sex with a minor, which isn't the same thing as him being guilty of rape.
    So were stuck in the middle ground between there not being enough evidence to convict either of them? Surely it stands to reason that if she was found not guilty based on her not consenting, he must then be charged with having sex with her without her consent?
  • Options
    So were stuck in the middle ground between there not being enough evidence to convict either of them? Surely it stands to reason that if she was found not guilty based on her not consenting, he must then be charged with having sex with her without her consent?

I`ve never found an abundance of reason in Legalland
  • Options

It may make no sense at all. We convict on 'beyond reasonable doubt'. For all we know the jury might have felt on the 'balance of probabilities' that it was consensual, but had enough doubt to feel they couldn't say it was beyond reasonable doubt.

And to be honest if we took that logic every time a rape case failed we could then prosecute the victim for perjury, which I suspect would be likely to send a fair few rape victims being sent to jail for telling the truth.
  • Options

She was on trial for having sex with a minor, as far as can be assumed from reading that sketchy bbc article. The judgement will be whether she had sex with him or not. She appears to have brought the "i was forced" line in during the trial, probably as part of her defense. The likely outcome was that it couldn't be proved that they had sex, nor whether the sex act was forced.
  • Options
    Hm, yes, that's right...
    Because cutting a video is really hard isn't it.

You and Little_Ali need to bare in mind that an unbelievable number of rape victims don't report it, don't tell friends, or family, or the police, until years after the attack.

Her not reporting it doesn't make her a liar, it makes her almost normal for rape victims. Both of you are daft if you think that being groped is remotely comparable to being raped or forced to perform a sexual act.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    That might be. But I don't appreciate the sarcasm.
    You and Little_Ali need to bare in mind that an unbelievable number of rape victims don't report it, don't tell friends, or family, or the police, until years after the attack.

Her not reporting it doesn't make her a liar, it makes her almost normal for rape victims. Both of you are daft if you think that being groped is remotely comparable to being raped or forced to perform a sexual act.
    She might have been afraid to [report it], it makes sense.
    Be careful whom you accuse of what. That I said she might not have been raped doesn't make me evil or daft.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

what?

we just concluded that it was funny how she reported other incidents and not this particular one

and that it was filmed

are u trying to tell me, HONESTLY that you believe she didnt know it was filmed?
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's completly plausible to be filmed without knowing about it especially when you're not expecting to be filmed.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yeah, I think it's completly plausible to be filmed without knowing about it especially when you're not expecting to be filmed.
    ok, so you`re gettin head whilst filming it with your mobile AND holding a screwdriver to her throat? and thats easy to do wthout her seeing?

i am not saying she has made this up, i`m ust saying that from that article, i`m not convnced that he made her do it, i`d need more facts
  • Options
    So he wasn't holding his mobile... so what? Think about this, even if she did do it consensually, what married teacher (remember, she's got a degree, she can't be that stupid) with a child would allow it to be filmed?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    So he wasn't holding his mobile... so what? Think about this, even if she did do it consensually, what married teacher (remember, she's got a degree, she can't be that stupid) with a child would allow it to be filmed?
    if he wasnt holdng it, how was it filmed?

as for your second question....people have been known to do dafter things....
  • Options
    Is it really so hard to believe that he proped it up somewhere in the room?

As for the second point, stupid people do things that daft. But this is a teacher who fully knows the consequences of getting caught (if as you believe it was consensual) it's been all over the news with case after case of false and real incidents of abuse.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Degrees have nothing to do with common sense.

By the same argument why would a someone sexually assaulting his teacher film it? That said we know that sex abusers do film things. There are certainly rapes where the rapist has filmed it. There are also cases where people who have had sex with children have also filmed it.

Unless something on here knows details which haven't been published all we know is that the jury felt there was enough reasonable doubt not to convict her for sex with a minor. Labelling the lad a rapist on that evidence seems a trifle shaky.

And if we talking false rape allegations I'd say if you're facing a possible jail sentence for having sex with a minor there's a big incentive to make a false claim of rape - but again we don't know.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Is it really so hard to believe that he proped it up somewhere in the room?

As for the second point, stupid people do things that daft. But this is a teacher who fully knows the consequences of getting caught (if as you believe it was consensual) it's been all over the news with case after case of false and real incidents of abuse.
    yeah..say he did

if he was in the room 1st, he`d have had to set it rolling while he tried to get her into the room alone, in which time, unless his phone had mega memory, could have taken a lot of time and maybe ran out or even so, for it to be a good shot, where his parents could identify her, it`d have to be placed close by

or

if she was in the room 1st, he`d have to position it somewhere, which she would have seen

there was a case a while ago about a male teacher sending saucy messages to one of his pupils....it happens...
  • Options
    If you've got your head between a students legs, you're probably not the brightest spark. Also, teachers have had affairs with kids before, it's not unheard of.

I don't think you conclude anything from that article, one way or the other.
  • Options
    well if she was forced into it, te thats awful, and tis must have been such a trauma t addd insult to the injury.
    I dnt think that artica gives enough evidence either way though realy. Its pretty sketchy. I guess te only thing te culdd was to just not charge her, if there wasnt enough evidence to actually charge the boy.