Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

silliest thing!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay so what's the silliest/daftest thing you've done lately?

i ask because i just submitted an online application form for a graduate job (first of many i should think!!) and when they e-mailed me a copy of it i realised i'd put i was irish and then i did the declaration thingy at the end saying everything i'd put was true. oops.

go on, spill! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I heated up a tin of dog food the other night instead of beans. Words cannot describe how bad the microwave smelled.
  • Options
    i can imagine!! :yuck:
  • Options
    Finished work one night and went into the Chinese beside my flat and I order a Beef Satay. Boy says it'll be ready in 15 minutes, so I nip up to my flat, get changed, sit down and stick the TV on.

Wasn't till the next morning at work when somebody asked what I did last night that I realised that I'd clean forgotten all about the Chinese :o Fucked up thing was after about an hour in my flat I remember feeling really hungry and I went and made myself pasta :thumb:
  • Options
    I surprised a chubby woman with a reindeer holding a courgette in Sainburys' today :D
  • Options
    I applied for a data entry job via careerbuilder online at my current place of employment. I now have learned to pay closer attention to the name of the company besides just the location.
  • Options
    This is more stupid than silly and didn't happen to me, but...

In the fitting rooms at in John Lewis last week there was this really smart middle-aged lady looking at herself in the mirror outside the fitting room. My boyfriend was loitering by the entrance to give his "valued" opinion, and out of nowhere points at this woman's arse and says in his most helpful voice "I wouldn't buy those trousers love, they've got a massive brown stain on the bum". Said lady turned round and snapped "these are my own trousers, I'm just trying on the top".

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    haha Briggi thats hilarious!

This is more to do with drunkness, but on Saturday night me and my friend were throwing keys to each other when we were walking home from the pub and I sort of missed catching them and they hit me in my face. Bursting my lip. it hurt. hehe.

on Sunday at work I asked someone for ID who was buying j2O's. I thought they were alcopops cos i wasnt concentrating, haha. They give me a right funny look.
  • Options

i ask because i just submitted an online application form for a graduate job (first of many i should think!!) and when they e-mailed me a copy of it i realised i'd put i was irish and then i did the declaration thingy at the end saying everything i'd put was true. oops.

I did something in the same vain. My real names Emma (middle name Jane). On a job interview the head teacher asked if i was Emma-Jane, i miss understood and said yes. Throughout the whole interview they called me Emma-Jane. I was strangely relieved when i didn't get the post, but a few months later they offered me a part time job. On the first day i made a point of saying i prefer to be called Emma.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    my_name wrote:
    I applied for a data entry job via careerbuilder online at my current place of employment. I now have learned to pay closer attention to the name of the company besides just the location.

:lol: Ace.

Probably for myself, it'd be cooking some beans for the full time (2.5 mins) then putting the in again for the SAME TIME. Needless to say, they tasted crap, and made nasty dry bean gunk stuck to the bowl they were cooked in.

Also, I picked up the wrong mobile phone. With my old O2 pay n go sim in, which hasn't been used for so long, they deactivated it! Cunts!
  • Options

You probably have the job for not being of the majority.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    You probably have the job for not being of the majority.

Yeah but imagine going in to work every day with a fake Irish accent! :lol:
  • Options
    hopefully i won't get an anti-irish person reading my application form! :p
  • Options
    Its quiet funny a few years ago I applied for about 20 jobs around my town centre, I filled out I am white British and never got a reply, this one job I filled out I am white other (being half Italian myself) and I got called in for an interview later on in the same day. lol

What could they say?
  • Options
    i doubt it was because you put you were 'white other'!. as you said they were different jobs.
  • Options
    i doubt it was because you put you were 'white other'!. as you said they were different jobs.
    Strong coincidence. :chin:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    I don't get it...

As for me, this might or might not have been that daft...
    A couple of weeks ago I was at my dad's, and so was the guy who married my dad and stepmum. I was talking to the babies and mentioned him as their godfather, while he was around. They've not been baptised yet so there is no godfather, and I don't even know if it's going to be him...
  • Options
    I deleted some texts because I needed the memory space and couldnt store them on my phone tools on my laptop, and then got the phone tools working again. And there where texts I really wanted to keep. :banghead:
  • Options
    On friday night my dad and me went to sainsburys and I was going to the chippy on the way back. It was chucking it down so when my dad parked up the road a bit from the chippy I put my hood up to walk down the road, BUT my hood goes way over my eyes. Anyway walked in the shop, took the hood down and went to look up at the menu, then thought where the fuck am I? I was in the pizza shop a couple of doors up from the chippy. I said "oh shit" and walked out very embarassed hehe and made my way to the chippy!
  • Options
    I don't get it...

I'm on a hunt for a new job. I applied for a job at the place I'm currently employed at via an internet job finding site. Luckily the guy who recieves all of them is a bit of a bonehead and I passed it off as a joke.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm on a hunt for a new job. I applied for a job at the place I'm currently employed at via an internet job finding site. Luckily the guy who recieves all of them is a bit of a bonehead and I passed it off as a joke.

haha thats funny :lol:
  • Options
    I picked up my straighteners at the wrong end today. The hot end. (They'd been on, at 200 degrees for about an hour). Yet I still held on to the bastards fir a good few seconds.

Needless to say, my hand kills.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I heated up a tin of dog food the other night instead of beans. Words cannot describe how bad the microwave smelled.

Surely you didnt put a tin in a microwave? :eek2:
  • Options
    today i made the mistake of going to a&e and thinking they'd take me seriously.

yeh bloody right. :grump:
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I picked up my straighteners at the wrong end today. The hot end. (They'd been on, at 200 degrees for about an hour). Yet I still held on to the bastards fir a good few seconds.

Needless to say, my hand kills.

Ouch. My hand hurts just thinking about that.
  • Options
    i was eating my cereal in bed in the morning still half asleep and then i went to take my bowl to the kitchen but i ended up walking upstairs to the bathroom and putting it on the windowsill. i only noticed as i was brushing my teeth.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Surely you didnt put a tin in a microwave? :eek2:
    Nooo it was in a bowl, Im not that stupid :p
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

Oh right, just checking! :D
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

i think it makes you sound even sillier tbh. :p

i.e. you transfered the dog food from the tin to the bowl and didn't even realise.
    ;)

however when tired i have been known to make a drink in a bowl instead of a glass - it was when i first woke up so i would've got confused with making a drink and making my breakfast!
  • Options
    i think it makes you sound even sillier tbh. :p

i.e. you transfered the dog food from the tin to the bowl and didn't even realise.
    ;)
    No no no!

I was on the phone and making the dinner, took what I thought was beans from the fridge and fired them in the micro, I didnt know that Mr Glitery had used the beans for his lunch and then put leftover dog food in the bowl while I was out!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have the habit of walking all around the house while brushing my teeth, instead of staying in the bathroom. Once (this was several years ago, mind) I forgot to go back to the bathroom before spitting the toothpaste out and spit it on a tablecloth. :blush: