Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A chance to rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody know a good way to get away from everything?

Don't get me wrong, life is beautiful... But does anybody else ever want to get away from everything once in a while?

So here's a thread to all the people who can't get away from everything that's pissing them off at the moment. A chance to rant and vent and let off steam...

Me first: :D

Everything is getting on top of me, I have a lot of commitments and less time to see my friends... I don't feel like some people are taking me seriously and in some ways I feel disheartened about certain goings on in my university. I love my friends but one in particular is pissing me off at the moment, I love him but he is annoying me to the point where I am avoiding him... My flatmates frequently wake me up in the morning singing and stamping but I don't want to cause trouble by bringing it up...

Furthermore I have discovered an ex and a good friend of mine is apparently shagging a 14 year old and living in a place for people on the streets... Another friend is just about to be made homeless in two days... I have to go home and face seeing my father at Christmas which isn't as bad as it used to be but which I'd rather forget... I am drinking a lot at the moment, am developing a crush which I cannot pursue, am starting to get angry about the way the world is aaaaaand *deep breath* I DON'T SEE MY BROTHER AND BEST FRIEND NEARLY ENOUGH which kills me because I love them both to death.

Who's next?

Comments

• Options
    I'm smart and intelligent - without working that hard I got 11A*s at GCSE, 5As at A-Level, a scholarship to Cambridge where I got a high triple first, got flooded with good job offers, and hit a 6 figure salary aged 23. And no I'm not an antisocial geek, I'm well known as charming and a social animal.

Nonetheless, with my remarkable ability to have every girl reeeally liking me as a friend but never in "that way", and having never kissed a girl in my life, I AM MORE F*CKING DEPRESSED, SUICIDAL AND HATE MY LIFE MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD.

Who's next?
  • Options
    i'm just a bit disillusioned with everything. I'm going to fail uni, but i always knew i would because i didn't do the course i wanted and i'm not self motivated enough to work. Despite this i'm dragging it out, partly to keep my parents happy (i was always the one with potential apparently) but mainly because i don't want to have to face up to the fact that i may very well end up working in Morrisons despite getting the best GCSE results my school had ever seen and very good A-Level results.

I can't hold down friendships because the more i learn about people the more i dislike them. I've just woken up and it's dark outside.

I'm also really happy at the minute though, life is my anti depressant :)
  • Options
    I like this thread, its good to offload worries sometimes.

I am sick of work. My boss is piling on more and more things for me to do and its all getting on top of me, none of my friends understand what pressure I am under at work so none of them can really help at all which leaves me feeling really stressed and lonely :crying: . I really want to quit but it'll be a waste of all the hard work I put in trying to get the job in the first place and it'll mean paying for the travel in a long distance relationship would be impossible.

I am tearful ALL THE TIME whether that is down to hormones, the fact that my boyfriend lives a few hundred miles away or my work I don't know. Because I am tearful I am moaning a lot to the people around me which is making me feel really crappy.

My boyfriend live miles and miles and miles away and I can't get hugs when I really want them, we dont get to spend much time together and I feel like we are missing out on loads of normal couple type stuff, I end up phoning him and crying (back to the tearful thing) then I feel bad because I make him feel bad.

On the plus side:

I have a lovely gorgeous boyfriend who I care about so much and who makes me do this :blush: and :hyper: when I see him.
    I have good health (touch wood).
    No money worries and its almost Christmas!! :)
  • Options
    I must applaud your idea, moonrat! :p

I have to say... despite my incessant need to rant and ventilate, i feel absolutely wonderful! but it'll come back again... i'm dreading its imminent arrival. :nervous: :p

Anyhow... save a seat for me! I'll be needing one during the following week... got 4 tests. bah.
  • Options
    I am tearful ALL THE TIME whether that is down to hormones, the fact that my boyfriend lives a few hundred miles away or my work I don't know. Because I am tearful I am moaning a lot to the people around me which is making me feel really crappy.

Aw honey, it made me tearful just to read that so we're quite a pair :heart:

It is pathetic in the extreme, but I am still smarting about a programme I watched the other night, it's been really getting to me lately that some people just really seem to fall on their feet and I felt like throwing a big tantrum after watching it. Usually I wouldn't have thought twice about it other than a "smug pricks" comment, but this couple had been going out for about 9 months and seemingly on a whim they bought a £600,000 French chateau to renovate. It was like a frigging palace and I get green-eyed like no one's business when it comes to French chateaus ;) Then they went a wee bit (ha) over budget and had to get their hands on another £30,000 but of course they managed it. Of course they were so in love that he then decided he wanted to marry her and he suddenly had a rocket up his arse getting the house ready for the reception -- spending money like it was going out of fashion. It was like a fairytale, but with more money.

I must have sat there with a face like thunder all the way through it, just thinking HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS? My boyfriend was huffing and puffing giving me the evil eye all the way through, as if to say 'see, this could be you'... but that as estranged from the truth as it gets. The bloke on the programme was minted, so was she before even meeting him, and her family seemed to have a wedge, too. To make it about more than money (which it is, of course) there wasn't any sign of the crippling emotional baggage that I have, my OH has, and everyone we know has. We don't have money worries at the minute, but there is so much pressure about everything else that I almost wish finances were still the worry. I feel like I'm suffocating under it all sometimes, there are so many problems just among my dearest friends and I feel devastated about it. Awful things have happened - and keep happening - to me and I'm starting to feel like maybe I actually do deserve it rather than the "shit happens" attitude I've always maintained. I'm nowhere near where I want to be in my life, I can't see myself getting out of this funk and I am working in an office with the biggest perverts who have no sensitivity whatsoever and I just want to carve them all up with a big knife. The only positive thing in my life is my relationship, and it is really great. But then it wouldn't be difficult to top the previous wonderboys who have been cruel, selfish arseholes without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. I think I have very compromised standards and expectations, though this is no reflection on my other half.

When I'm feeling rational and sensible I know that I am very lucky, and that the picture perfect world of chateau-buyers isn't as perfect as the teevee paints it and even if it was I shouldn't let it get to me. But I was watching this programme rolling my eyes like a woman possessed and gagging every time the presenter said 'and to cap it all they're so in love blah blah blah'. I need to stop watching this shite, obviously, it was the catalyst I guess.

Beat me to death if you like, I deserve it.

I suppose there is a brighter side of things. When we were out last night at a wedding reception I found myself really jealous and/or annoyed at all the smoochy, OTT couples. I'm not like that and neither is my fella, but I just felt a bit sad about it - fuck knows why, I suppose my head is still haywire from everything that's gone on lately. Anyway there I was thinking to myself "why are all these girlfriends getting all this attention and I'm not" etc etc blah blah and other petty bollocks. Then we came home and he told "you know I would never, ever want to be with anyone else. You're perfect, you're my girl and we're going to be happy forever". Life is weird, I should count my blessings I suppose.

YARGH.
  • Options
    I'm really fed up of re-doing GCSE English - mainly because I was promised help on a Friday morning for 3 hours but haven't had it for the last 6 odd weeks.

I'm also fed up of being totally ignored constantly and having to wait ages for something.
  • Options
    College work = shit.
    Everything else = shit.

The only thing that doesn't = shit is the boy, and I don't see him nearly enough for that to cancel everything else out :(.
  • Options
    I think I'm a bit selfish justnow really.

Started seeing somebody a couple of weeks ago and it's all cool and stuff. Just sometimes the way she looks at me gives butterflies, and when we're sitting talking it's cool as fuck.

I don't like the fact that it seems to be heading in the boyfriend/girlfriend direction though, rather than just having a total laugh, which is what I want and maybe need. I don't like the thought of being somebody's boyfriend justnow, because of all the expectation and stuff. Maybe because she likes me for the person that I am too, maybe that turns me off - means there must be something wrong with her. In reality there's not and she's wicked, but euch, I feel like I'm looking for something wrong with her so it's a get out of jail free card.

Should have thought of all this before though. Feel proper confused, don't really know what I'm thinking or sayng. I blame the Lemsip :thumb:
  • Options
    when people look at me and say they know me, when i don't even know myself. why i sustain life for the morons who only put me down and even when im myself will only offer me pittence in humour and weak attitudes in fights etc. why i was born so perfect and have been in a down hill decline ever since. i want to take the lifes of these shit men who surround my life. why women are so plain and bland, why they're all the same, just looking for compliments and fucking. why i don't want to live just to be society's football to pass around and use when they need something to SAY.

i can cause nuclear war so why don't i just unleash it and see how the people survive. they wouldn't, i would.
  • Options
    I'm seeing a mental health nurse this week, as really haven't been feeling good at all, and am a little scared. Have 2 pieces of coursework which I really should be working on. I'm also getting sick of people asking me how I am and making me say I'm fine with a 'genuine' smile :( Things can only get better I guess.
  • Options
    Pretty much everythings pissing me off! Can't do any work cos i have things on my mind which won't go away .. can't concentrate .. ahhhhhhh!!!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I don't like the fact that it seems to be heading in the boyfriend/girlfriend direction though, rather than just having a total laugh, which is what I want and maybe need.

Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive? Why do you have to see relationships as equalling pressure? Just have a laugh and enjoy yourself with the girl and go with the flow :thumb: I still have a total laugh with my blokey and we've been together for over 5 years.....
  • Options
    Best idea ever :thumb:.

My rant? Well, I dont know where to start. College work is getting on top of me, everyone wants it all from me at once and there's no time for me to breathe or sleep or anything, so forget a social life.

My mum's being taken off all her inhalers THAT ARE KEEPING HER ALIVE GODDAMNIT and my Dad's heart rate is getting worse by the day. My two great nans, are barely alive anymore, the cancer taking over both of them, and I feel so curel because all I want for them is to die so they're free of the bloody pain, I've seen one shrink from a size 16 to a size 8 in just over a month and I don't want to watch her go through that any more! Now my aunties being diagnosed with breast cancer as well and I just can't handle anyone else being ill - and then boyfriends grandad (who i'm close enough to) is in ICU, so theres more worry to deal with.

On top of that I STILL can't get a proper job, and I don't have enough time in the day to chase the interviews I haven't heard from up, and now it's the tie of the month for the bills today, including insuring the car I can't drive yet, because I keep failing my goddamn test, which is costing me £100 a time, and I can't afford the lessons inbetween them because of the ridiculous cost for the test so I'm not improving!

The only thing I am remotely looking forward to is my birthday, but I can see that going rather pearshaped if the rest of this year continues as is.

Add to that that I'm losing the boyfriend (the only steady thing I have atm) to Uni next year, and between me not wanting to lose him and him being stressed over his own things, we keep having our little bickers. They're sorted straight away but it doesn't exactly help!

Now I've got to go into college tomorrow and make more excuses for not being able to remember things,because there's no more DAMN SPACE IN MY HEAD AND I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO SCREAM!

(I feel better now)
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Best idea ever :thumb:.

My rant? Well, I dont know where to start. College work is getting on top of me, everyone wants it all from me at once and there's no time for me to breathe or sleep or anything, so forget a social life.

My mum's being taken off all her inhalers THAT ARE KEEPING HER ALIVE GODDAMNIT and my Dad's heart rate is getting worse by the day. My two great nans, are barely alive anymore, the cancer taking over both of them, and I feel so curel because all I want for them is to die so they're free of the bloody pain, I've seen one shrink from a size 16 to a size 8 in just over a month and I don't want to watch her go through that any more! Now my aunties being diagnosed with breast cancer as well and I just can't handle anyone else being ill - and then boyfriends grandad (who i'm close enough to) is in ICU, so theres more worry to deal with.

On top of that I STILL can't get a proper job, and I don't have enough time in the day to chase the interviews I haven't heard from up, and now it's the tie of the month for the bills today, including insuring the car I can't drive yet, because I keep failing my goddamn test, which is costing me £100 a time, and I can't afford the lessons inbetween them because of the ridiculous cost for the test so I'm not improving!

The only thing I am remotely looking forward to is my birthday, but I can see that going rather pearshaped if the rest of this year continues as is.

Add to that that I'm losing the boyfriend (the only steady thing I have atm) to Uni next year, and between me not wanting to lose him and him being stressed over his own things, we keep having our little bickers. They're sorted straight away but it doesn't exactly help!

Now I've got to go into college tomorrow and make more excuses for not being able to remember things,because there's no more DAMN SPACE IN MY HEAD AND I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO SCREAM!

(I feel better now)
    Eek.

*hugs you tbh*

Sounds like you need them :(.

PM me if you need someone who's not tangled up in all that to talk to or something, yeh?
  • Options
    :( Sorry to hear that Nikki.
  • Options
    Thanks girlies. :) Hopefully my birthday will be a chance to forget it all (if I get slaughtered enough! :hyper:)
  • Options
    Fuck it if I started now, it would never stop. It's all superficial and my problems are just about all self inflicted.
  • Options
  • Options
    Good thread idea.

1. One of my housemates decided on tuesday he's moving out and going back home. Dropping out of uni and all that shabaz. So we now have to find a new person.

2. His gf (who I also live with) has turned out to be a complete ment. It's like having a 6 yr old in the house. It's driving me up the wall. I had a fight with one of my best friends last week ( whose mum is basically dying) and she wasnt getting any attention so THREW A PLATE AT THE WALL.

3. I live in Manchester and my Brother lives in EXETER in DEVON. I haven't seen him since the start of august and wont see him till December. It is rubbish as we are dead close and I just wanna talk to him.

4. I realised at half past four the other morning I think I'm doing the wrong degree and I'm certainly doing a wrong module. Bugger. Now I can't stop thinking about it.

5. My computer is fucked and I'm having to trek to the trafford centre tomorrow to get it fixed. This is not cool.
  • Options
    I love you all really but...\
    Fauckl you everybody goodnight!
  • Options
    i can't get to sleep.
  • Options
    er, no. Me neither. Still:

fuck you everyobody goodnbighgt
  • Options
    Well... I just found out my Media Studies Class Docomentary only got a Merit, when it is excellence level and i am beyond fucked off.

I have swollen lump on my thigh and it is painful.

And I miss my boy so much. I want to hate him but I cant :(
  • Options
    I'm just a lazy git who doesn't get up early for class. Sorta pisses me off cos I promised myself I'd change, though I am doing most of my work which is cool.

I think I'm drinking too much also, it seems every night there's a "oh it's such and such's birthday lets get drunk" I don't mind too much but it's not doing good to my body.

I've also got fuck all money left of my loan.

Other than that, life's great. Yabba dabba doo! :D
  • Options
    You know how now and again you get one of those days where you feel like a lazy useless git and it seems like your whole life is out of control? Well I'm having one of those. I'm fed up of smoking, i've been drinking to much, i'm bored of work, I never get any of the stuff done that I want to do and I just feel powerless. No doubt it will all be gone by tomorrow, and I won't be bothered again, but I feel blue today... :(
  • Options
    My job has somehow managed to get even worse. Projection is ok but boring and lonely. Downstairs, just about everytime a manager opens their mouth I want to tell them to stick their job and walk out. And they've even cut the number of people we can take to see free films from 4 to 1. Grr.

But I need a new job anyway. One that pays a decent amount of money, so that I can finally afford to move out of my parents, and without the stupid hours. A real job. Just no idea how to go about getting one of those.

But other than the whole feeling like I have no future, everything else is pretty damn good so I can't complain too much.
  • Options
    Im real frustrated at the moment.

getting tons of work and psychotic teachers yelling at me, got lumbered with a fucking stupid laptop that I don't fucking need! My mates all suck and are acting like prats and ive got my UCAS to deal with, hell doesn't matter if I fuck up anyway cause I've got no Idea what to do next. I get feelings of being alone creeping up on me as well but fuck them as well because I can run on my own steam and need no ones help to get where I wanna be.
  • Options
    I've worked my whole life aspiring to get to university.

Now I'm here... I realise that it might not be what I want. But if this isn't it, what is?

Not really a rant, but all the same.
  • Options
    I'm not too bad at the moment, been through alot of crap over the last couple of years which is still hanging over a bit.
    A long while ago my mum and dad decided to get devorced. It all went through but before they could sell the house my mum developed brest cancer, a few months later my dad had a heart attack.
    They have had to live under the same roof for a about a year and a half because of this and the house has only recently been sold. Obviously this has created alot of tention with the family. During this time my mum pretty much became an alcoholic, and gets very depressed when she drinks.
    Now they finally have sold the house and are about to go there seperate ways everything is twice as stressful getting ready to go.
    I want to get a place of my own, but I cant because im on a bit of a low wage for the job im doing while I build up my expereince.

On the plus side of things I have a wonderful girlfriend who I cant stop thinking about and makes me very happy, I have the best mates around me I could ever wish for... and although im still working my way up in my job, im pretty happy with it!
    I think I just need to get away from the whole family thing for a while... at the same time I need to support my mum as she is very depressed at the moment. confusing!
  • Options
    sorry just testing a reply