Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Afternoon Sickness?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im sorry but I once again am worried about my girlfriend. Today she seemed fine all day until about 12:45. She told me her stomach hurt and she felt nausia.

I have heard of morning sickness and feeling nausious but is it normal for it to be in the afternoon. Could this also be a sign of pregnancy?

Comments

• Options
    You really are paranoid, aren't you?

TBH, it could just be a stomach bug or something. In the past I've also been sick for no apparant reason at all and have felt fine after.
  • Options
    Morning sickness isn't just in the morning no, but from your other threads i have read theres nearly no chance of your gf being pregnant.
    Have you thought about going to a family planning clinic to discuss the risks involved in the contraceptions you use? It could put your mind at rest as it's not right to be getting so worried sick.
    Can't be good for you.
  • Options
    we are so buisy we dont have time to go to a family planning clinic. The closest one to us in an hour away. How long does morning sickness usually last?
  • Options
    Wait 9 months then you will know for sure if she is pregnant or not.
  • Options
    I reckon they'll generally know well before 9 months if she suddenly gets slightly larger round the middle!! ;)
  • Options
    It's winter. Thee are millions of bugs going around. Had she eaten also? It was lunchtime after all, and if she was over-hungry......
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:
    we are so buisy we dont have time to go to a family planning clinic. The closest one to us in an hour away. How long does morning sickness usually last?
    Has she even had a pregnancy test? If she aint have one. Go buy one at boots.
  • Options
    she did just eat. But she had a Tuna salad which she eats a lot. She has seemed more hungry latley than normal. She tells me she is always hungry. No she has not had a pregnancy test but i dont want her to get nervous by taking one when we have a show to preform starting this weekend. She is one of the lead charatcers and cant afford to be nervous.
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:
    She has seemed more hungry latley than normal. She tells me she is always hungry.

I'm always hungry. In fact, I'm usually starving. Some people are just like this, it's not necessarily pregnancy. :)
  • Options
    ffs....12.45? Do you follow her around with a clipboard or something?

Just stop having sex because clearly you can't handle the possible consequences
  • Options
    If hunger was a way to tell if your pregnant, I would be giving birth to triplets all the time.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    If hunger was a way to tell if your pregnant, I would be giving birth to triplets all the time.

Ah, then your new breasts would come in handy :D
  • Options
    Not pregnancy related, but have you ever considered seeing someone about your excessive paranoia? I know I don't know you and shouldn't judge, but if something is getting to the point that its affecting and hindering your every day life, there seems to be quite a problem.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    come in handy :D
    ooooh suits you sir ooh
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Ah, then your new breasts would come in handy :D
    I would say the way you keep talking about my avatar, your becoming straight. :chin: :D:D:D
  • Options
    Never, never, never, never, never. I saw one once in a book and i wasn't impressed !
  • Options
    i dont follow her around with a clipboard but we have class together at that time. I am a senior in high school and leave school at1:00 each day and right before i left she told me she felt nausia. It seems like there is something constantly wrong with her for the past about month, and i just cant help but worry.

She has gained a like 5 or 6 pounds in the past couple weeks, has had tummy aches, feels hungry all the time, has been very tired. (The tired is almost for sure from late night play rehearsal though)

All of these things just bother me. And because he next period is suppose to be during the play she is going to take the pill straight through it. Her doctor gave her a new pill because the old was was causing her to have panic attakcs and told her that when she finished the one she has just to start on the new one right away and skip the period.

She did have her last period about a month ago though and did not miss it. But still, I wish i was not worried. Im sorry. I just feel like this is the place i can come to ask for help. And i always get it. Thanks for your support everyone.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Never, never, never, never, never. I saw one once in a book and i wasn't impressed !
    I bet if we left you in a room with her, you would be straight in no time. :D

Im going to start calling you Jack from Will and Grace, you sound like him. :D
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:

She has gained a like 5 or 6 pounds in the past couple weeks, has had tummy aches, feels hungry all the time, has been very tired. (The tired is almost for sure from late night play rehearsal though)

Your girlfriend is on the pill yes? All the things mentioned above can be attrbuted to the pill, except for the tiredness which you've said yourself is from late nights. Honestly. Stop worrying.
  • Options
    the pill increases your appetite = weight gain. I put on about 7lbs when i went on it. It can give you tummy aches, i get them alot, maybe she has a sensitive stomach?

If there's something to worry about then she'll let you know.

But tbh you shouldn't be having sex if you shit yourself everytime there's something wrong with her.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    If you are going to be this paranoid every single time you have sex then I don't think you should be having the sex. You aren't mature enough IMHO. Get a test and then keep your zip closed. Jeez.
  • Options
    Its not that im worried everytime that we have sex. Its that im worried she is now. I Go even beyond using a condom and her being on the pill when we have sex now, i just worry that she is pregnant already.

She has been on the pill for 6 monthes and the hunger just started not too long ago so i thought it wasnt caused by that, but you might be right, thanks for your help.

I would like to appologize for seeming to be, what it seems like the general census is, annoying. I just really have no where else to ask questions and such so i thought this was the best place. I will keep my posting to a minimal from now on.
  • Options
    We are here to help you BUT it can be very frustrating when you SEEM to be worried about this all the time. Believe it or not we are trying to help.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Mike_17 wrote:
    Its not that im worried everytime that we have sex. Its that im worried she is now. I Go even beyond using a condom and her being on the pill when we have sex now, i just worry that she is pregnant already.

She has been on the pill for 6 monthes and the hunger just started not too long ago so i thought it wasnt caused by that, but you might be right, thanks for your help.

I would like to appologize for seeming to be, what it seems like the general census is, annoying. I just really have no where else to ask questions and such so i thought this was the best place. I will keep my posting to a minimal from now on.

It's not that you are being annoying. It is just really frustrating that you ask us these questions. The only way to find out if she is pregnant is if she takes a test. However, today, for example, her sickness could be a million and one different things including the dodgy chicken she ate last night. You see my point.

She needs to take a test and / or go to a doctor. There are a million and one reasons for all her symptoms. Just stop jumping to pregnancy. Talk to your girlfriend.
  • Options
    Has she sat on the same toilet seat as you recently?

Tbh though, if you use one form of contraception, you probably wont get pregnant. If you use two forms, then youre almost guaranteed not to.
    If youre being as careful as you say you are then I will tell you this now. Shes NOT pregnant.
    Pregnancy symptoms dont tend to start till several weeks after conception, so even if she was pregnant (shes not though) she wouldnt be having symptoms yet, and the only way youll be able to know, is if she does a pregnancy test around the time her period is due.
  • Options
    What would you do if she was pregnant? Immediately I suspect nothing, so chill down.

If you thought had some reason she was diabetic you'd be finding all the symptoms there for that. Find another one of your friends if you like (ideally a girl on the pill) and look for how many signs of pregnancy you see in her (odds on same as your girlfriend).
  • Options
    my experiance of morning sickness was somedays it will last till 11am when it was really really terrible i would wake up 5am or 4am. but im 100% sure shes not preg! you have protected sex since day 1 yes??
    u still have nothing to worry about!! you must get this sorted out!
    take a test to confirm it....it will set ur mind to rest. but also get ur paranoia sorted out maybe councelling afterwards or you will not be able to carry on in a sexual realtionship.
    talk to her about ur worries . you said your open with each other well tell her about all the threads you have put on here and then be there with her when you get a test or go to a gp!

you cant go on like this. we can only help you so much we keep giving advice but you still worry!!
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:

So about the time she started her new pills then....
  • Options
    god if i was your girlfriend i'd never EVER tell you there was anything wrong with me. even if it was only a poorly finger.
  • Options
    god if i was your girlfriend i'd never EVER tell you there was anything wrong with me. even if it was only a poorly finger.

lol very true, you dont want to scare her off!

i think this over eatting does sound like a pill side effect. im on the pill since i was 16 and now im 23,
    i have gained a lot of weight over the years. your body changes aswell when you grow up.