Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tragic Friday Night thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just smoked a joint and watched the x factor revealed greatest auditions 2004 dvd. Can anybody possibly be more tragic?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sat here doing my uni work after spending the day in and out of sleep.

I'm boring.

Got to do uni work all weekend too as well as going to work 10pm-4am tomorrow night :(
  • Options
    Yes.

Yes I can.

I've just been beaten six times straight at Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on Xbox live.
  • Options
    I've just smoked a joint and watched the x factor revealed greatest auditions 2004 dvd. Can anybody possibly be more tragic?

That made me LOL aloud.

Welp, I'm hungover from partying with We Are Scientists and Gary Lightbody, heeeee! So it's a quiet night for me and a bit tomorrow. Going to the cinema tomorrow, then out on Sunday night to go see The Paddingtons play a free gig.

WOOT.
  • Options
    Gawd, you don't half like going gigs Becky :p
  • Options
    I'm going to rugby practice, then eating dinner and going to bed around 9:00. Screw partying at the Playboy Manssion, tonigh, I'm a walking riot.
  • Options
    Gawd, you don't half like going gigs Becky :p

Gigs are my fucking first love, mate. :razz: <3
  • Options
    Hahahahaha. How do you afford to go to so many?

I'm paying like £30 for a ticket to see Evanescence next month! I thought that was awful. Haha.

ETA: This is tragic. I've taken procrastination to a whole new level. I'm sat here popping bubble wrap.
  • Options

snap! ive smoked a few joints and eaten a whole pizza ( was yummy tho) and watched bbc1 all night.

and just now i got scared out of my mind cos i was all prang and someone rang me and said my adress and that theyre outside my house and said theyre this boy whos stalking me ( because there IS boy from college whos quite scary and says hes coming round and loves me). he said he was right outside so i ran in from the garden and cried with fright.
    then my 'lad mates' rang and said it was them, and i cried down the fone to them.
    was quite funny actually when i think about it now though.

in a couple of hours im going to my shag buddys house tho so yaay:hyper:
  • Options
    Hahahahaha. How do you afford to go to so many?

I'm paying like £30 for a ticket to see Evanescence next month! I thought that was awful. Haha.

Well, as soon as I get paid about 150 - 200 quid of my wages go straight to Ticketmaster and I just go! :p I don't see THAT many big bands, and even when I do it's only about 17 quid at the most I pay.

The most expensive gig I went to was to see James Brown at 32.50 quid! I only went for the banter, haha.

I've been really lucky with gigs/bands etc this year. I got chatting to a really influencial DJ in London from MySpazz who got me onto the guest list for Editors, I was drawn from the Radio 1 Big Weekend, and won VIP tickets to see a secret Pharrell Williams concert, this has been the year of dreams!

Plus I have signed up to so many ticket/music blog/site newsletters at work and I'm on all my fave bands' MySpaces so I read their bulletins, hence why I was invited to be on telly for The Music Show on BBC2 in December for a Glasgow band called Dananananakroyd.

I was to be a guest on their audience so me and my mate Pauline went along and we danced in the audience ala Top Of The Pops, heh.
  • Options
    Watchin TV all night. Sad as fuck!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've just been to the pizza shop.

Thats it.

Pretty much.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Well, as soon as I get paid about 150 - 200 quid of my wages go straight to Ticketmaster and I just go! :p I don't see THAT many big bands, and even when I do it's only about 17 quid at the most I pay.

The most expensive gig I went to was to see James Brown at 32.50 quid! I only went for the banter, haha.

I've been really lucky with gigs/bands etc this year. I got chatting to a really influencial DJ in London from MySpazz who got me onto the guest list for Editors, I was drawn from the Radio 1 Big Weekend, and won VIP tickets to see a secret Pharrell Williams concert, this has been the year of dreams!

Plus I have signed up to so many ticket/music blog/site newsletters at work and I'm on all my fave bands' MySpaces so I read their bulletins, hence why I was invited to be on telly for The Music Show on BBC2 in December for a Glasgow band called Dananananakroyd.

I was to be a guest on their audience so me and my mate Pauline went along and we danced in the audience ala Top Of The Pops, heh.
    I wish my life was as interesting as yours :p

I'm excited about going ONE concert next month. Its my fave band though :D
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I've just been to the pizza shop.

Thats it.

Pretty much.
    Oooo what did you get onnit?

Can I have a piece? I'm hungry!
  • Options
    im still recovering from last night, and i got work at 6am tomorrow so its a really shite night. Not going out this weekend at all actually, so im more sad then any of you :razz:. well i have to be the best at something!
  • Options
    still think i'm winning although infinite is coming close
  • Options
    Hey! I'm sat here popping bubblewrap! I think I win!
  • Options
    I wish my life was as interesting as yours :p

I'm excited about going ONE concert next month. Its my fave band though :D

Ha, it's not THAT glamourous.

Everyone at my work thinks I'm a scruff cause I stoat into work most days monged out my face or hungover, or with about 1 hours' sleep or NO sleep. Fuck knows how I've managed to hang onto my job, like. Heh.

I just love going to gigs, seeing bands whilst they're still humble and thankful, the sweat, the riffs, the base line, the banter between songs, crazy dancing and crowd surfing. Oh! And the singers who think they're the next Pete Doherty/Carl Barat/Liam Gallagher/Alex Kapranos - funny as feck.
  • Options
    did i mention it was an hour and a half long? talking about gigs though I bought tickets for brand new today :hyper:
  • Options
    did i mention it was an hour and a half long? talking about gigs though I bought tickets for brand new today :hyper:

Ha! I got an email from www.gigsinscotland.com and it was like "BRAND NEW PRESALES!" and I was all aw hey, nice one..wonder who they're for..bloody BRAND NEW! Ha.

I forgot to get tickets for Bloc Party today. Same chuffing thing happened for when The Fratellis' tickets went on sale. I went out the night before, got wasted and slept in after 9AM when the box office opened. I'm a plum. :p
  • Options
    heh it does always confuse people. I *hate* that. You remember when you wake up with your head banging at lunchtime
  • Options
    Hahahahaha.

. Haha.
    you say haha a lot. :razz:

eta not meant in a bitchy way!
  • Options
    heh it does always confuse people. I *hate* that. You remember when you wake up with your head banging at lunchtime

Yeah, defo. I was like that this avvo at work. I was still drunk when I went into work. I fell asleep at my desk for like 5 seconds and woke myself up when my head lolled. Then I lolled at myself, vowing to have at least 24 hours detox before lolling my head at the workplace again. Haha.
  • Options
    haha judging by your pictures of you with the keith murray twas worth it tho ;)
  • Options
    you say haha a lot. :razz:

I say ha! loads too, I'm apparently overly jolly on the old t'internet, ha.

DAMMIT.
  • Options
    haha judging by your pictures of you with the keith murray twas worth it tho ;)

OMG IT SO WAS. He's so fucking hot. Honestly, I swear my knees buckled more than when I was 11 and saw Ronan Keating from Boyzone. I had to grip to the bar and realised I was gripping the arm of the lad from The Cinematics. THE SHAME.

I hugged Gary Lightbody and told him all drunkenly "YOUR SONGS HAVE GOT ME THROUGH SO MUCH, THANK YOU. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO, LITTLE MAN!"

He scarpered soon after, mind. Quite rightly, too. :p
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I hugged Gary Lightbody and told him all drunkenly "YOUR SONGS HAVE GOT ME THROUGH SO MUCH, THANK YOU. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO, LITTLE MAN!"

He scarpered soon after, mind. Quite rightly, too. :p
    I could imagine I'd do the same thing if I was pissed tbh if I ever met Evanescence, esp Amy Lee.

I want tickets to see the Fratellis but they are all sold out everywhere. I love em!!!!!!!! The songs stick in my head though and people shout at me for singing them.

And yes, lucifer, I do say haha alot. Hahahahahahahahaha :p

I'm a happy little so and so. Hehe.
  • Options

I'm a happy little so and so. Hehe.

glad to hear it! :yes:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I went to the pub after being round a mates. Then I walked with a mate whilst he walked his dog.

Yup. I am sorry to post my amazing life to show you up.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Oooo what did you get onnit?

Can I have a piece? I'm hungry!
    Just a plain one, I'm too skint for anything else.

There is some in the fridge if you want it.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I went to the pub after being round a mates. Then I walked with a mate whilst he walked his dog.

Yup. I am sorry to post my amazing life to show you up.

I don't wanna make you jelous... but my night is going to consist of fish tycoon, maybe some crossstitch, if I'm lucky I'll watch some Flavor of Love 2 shows I missed.

Don't hate :p