Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Idiot Drivers

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People do drive a lot worse around L plates, and also around P plates. They are intended to make people drive with more care around novice drivers, but all that happens is you get some tosspot in a beemer trying to carve you up and ram you off the road because you are obviously in his way, even if you're doign 100mph in a 30.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    all that happens is you get some tosspot in a beemer trying to carve you up and ram you off the road because you are obviously in his way.

:lol: Bang on!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    People do drive a lot worse around L plates, and also around P plates. They are intended to make people drive with more care around novice drivers, but all that happens is you get some tosspot in a beemer trying to carve you up and ram you off the road because you are obviously in his way, even if you're doign 100mph in a 30.
    God, when I was learning and doing a maneouvre, people would get so impatient. You could just see them edging forward, impatiently, waiting for second they could get past you. It right put me off some maneouvres.
  • Options
    Maybe it was just the top advertising thingy he removed so people from 2 miles away can't see you're a learner rather then the people behind you.

But I'm sure he removed the huge thing that sticks with magnets to the top of the car. Maybe leaving just normal L plates on.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    My test was last week and i had the full shebang still on the car - the L Plates, the advertising thing etc.