Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

finding love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a quick question, about finding love

i have been reading up on this!

some advice says if you want to date, you have to initiate
some says that girls should never make the first move or even smile at a guy she likes, but that he should chase her....

girls, if you have any experience of what works best, let me know!

Comments

• Options
    a confident girl making the first move can be quite sexy. Im not sure about finding love though, ive experienced girls that like me more than i like them and they try and make something out of nothing by calling me asking me to go out with them, that can be annoying
  • Options
    well , not necessarily finding love, i suppose i mean finding a relationship really
  • Options
    Posy wrote:
    well , not necessarily finding love, i suppose i mean finding a relationship really

if theres a lad that you like, do what you feel is neccesery to get his attention, you dont have to make a move straight away
  • Options
    Posy wrote:

Say hi :)
  • Options
    Why the hell shouldn't a girl make the first move? It cuts out so much of the crap.

Anyone who believes that the man must do all the wooing and chasing for the relationship to work is an idiot, or twelve, or both.
  • Options
    If you like someone then go for it. Flirt with them etc. to try and suss out whether or not they feel the same way about you. Failing that, be straight up and just ask them out!
  • Options
    Posy wrote:
    some says that girls should never make the first move or even smile at a guy she likes, but that he should chase her....

Not in this day and age.

Girls should chase guys, Guys should chase girls. If you like someone don't leave it until it's to late to do anything about it. Unfortunetly in this world thing's don't just come to you, you've got to go out their and chase them. So if you like someone, go get them !

Don't be shy about it either.
  • Options
    Just get drunk and go to a nightclub, confidence levels are sky high and there's plenty of women about to chase. Downside though, social interaction skills may be a bit blurred and you might come across as a desperate paedo.
  • Options
    Im in a situation like this kinda, except I'm a guy...I just took a girl out for a drink after meeting her at a night club last week...at the club we didnt do anything just grinded a bit, but today we sat down and had a pretty long and nice conversation. But, I like her from what I've found out today but don't know when I should make a move to kiss her kinda thing. My nerves were running riot and so I did a few stupid things like not say how nice you look and stuff like that. However, she agreed to meet up at the weekend again so there must be some interest. The point is, as I was playing a bit of a bad boy role in the club and playing the nice guy today, I dont know how to make my move exactly. I've been out of the relationship thing for a while due to various things - illness etc., so I'm not kinda too clued up on this dating etiquette/making the first move thing. I know starting some kinda relationship is supposed to be a natural process (well that's how I think it should be) but sometimes I just don't get it. So, you see, guys have exactly the same problem! (well I do anyway). Hope stuff works out for you, peace,

James
  • Options
    I do prefer a guy to ask me out, saves me all the hassle! But if I get the vibes a guy likes me and he's not yet made that extra move, then I'll ask him out - I am a coward though so usually after a drink or by text.
    Don't stick to rules, go with the flow and how the mood is feeling!
  • Options
    Yeah, the guy has to ask the girl rule is ancient. Just get out somewhere with him and ask him. A couple of drinks is a good idea to loosen up if you're nervous - not saying get blind drunk though, that won't help!
  • Options
    Posy wrote:
    just a quick question, about finding love

i have been reading up on this!

some advice says if you want to date, you have to initiate

girls, if you have any experience of what works best, let me know!

good luck with staying single! Don't believe every shit the cosmopolitan is shoving down your throat.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Posy wrote:

Hmm - sounds a bit one-sided to me, where's the fun in that? :)

You may find this article on asking someone out helpful - and yes it is relevant to lads and lasses.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I do prefer a guy to ask me out, saves me all the hassle! But if I get the vibes a guy likes me and he's not yet made that extra move, then I'll ask him out - I am a coward though so usually after a drink or by text.
    Don't stick to rules, go with the flow and how the mood is feeling!
    I always thought texting was a shitty way of asking someone out, but if you got their number already, there is obviously some sort of interest, so I dont think the person really cares how its done if they wanna go out with you in the first place!

And as Luke said above, drinking is a good way, but if you're anything like me, if I get too drunk, I'll either moan slightly and seem a twat or chat too much and not let the other person get a word in...so it is a bit of a double edged sword of making yourself either more or less desirable.
  • Options
    well, thanks for all the advice - think its unanimous!

watch out boys, here i come!!!!!!