Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Threesomes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok guess i'd better...'set the scene' first

Theres this guy who i've been dating on and off for the past few years, and even when we've not been dating if we're both single we've kinda been fuck buddies. Anyway since i've moved away from home to uni he's found himself a girlfriend. Last night we were chatting online about things including how the two of them are getting on, and well...he kinda asked me if i wanted to have a threesome with him and her! :crazyeyes

I mean i'm not uncomfortable having sex with him like i said, and tbh i'm kinda curious about having sex with another girl, but well its the whole threesome issue that i'm kinda unsure about.

I just kinda wondered what other people's experiences of threesomes had been...dunno just kinda worried i might get left out or something

Comments

• Options
    you don't sound sure so I would advise you leave it. I have had an enjoyable multi-session but it just happened naturally with friends - without any one person being the driving force or persuading the others as it sounds in your case.
  • Options
    Even if you don't realise it now, jealousy would rip you apart and her I'd imagine. You've had a thing with thim for years, you are going to be watching who he pays more attention to, if he's doing things to her like he used to with you.....then you go home on your own and they have a cuddle.
  • Options
    If you are going to do it, it's best to do it with 2 people that have been purely platonic.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    then you go home on your own and they have a cuddle.

That's a good point to consider
  • Options
    My instinct is telling me it's a bad idea and that you'd get hurt. But it's up to you at the end of the day. My instinct tends to be right most of the time though.
  • Options
    Don't do it with someone who is a good friend and who has had previous sexual relations with you. It just sounds way too messy.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    As people have said so far, it could all go wrong if you don't consider the consequences fully. You may find this article on threesomes helps you to make your decision. Take care.
  • Options
    I'd say go for drink with him and her when your all free. See what she looks like and if you get on! :p

Its good to be open to new ideas...play it safe of course but if you don't see yourself getting hurt then go for it. :naughty:
  • Options
    My partner and I had a threesome with a mutual friend of ours. It wasn't planned and was a very enjoyable experience. I'd tread carefully with this one because it seems to have come right out of the blue, "Yeah, we're great. Fancy a threesome?" And I wouldn't agree to anything like that until you have met them both, get on well with the girlfriend, and feel comfortable enough to enter that relationship dynamic under a casual setting with all three of you being ok with it.

In general, I wouldn't worry too much about being left out in that setting. It's a common worry for most people who have group sex, but if you all get on well, it can flow surprisingly naturally - which is why I'm advising for you to be cautious with this one.
  • Options
    But it's really weird. He wants a threesome with his new girlfriend and his ex girlfriend? His new girlfriend is going to be so unbelievably jealous!
  • Options
    By the sounds of it, she wasn't his girlfriend, they dated on and off and were fuck buddies.
    His new girlfriend is going to be so unbelievably jealous!

Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't throw out the idea of sleeping with someone my partner had previously slept with had it been left on good terms and all parties were happy with the arrangement.
  • Options
    go_away wrote:

Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't throw out the idea of sleeping with someone my partner had previously slept with had it been left on good terms and all parties were happy with the arrangement.
    yes but youre incredibly secure about that sort of thing I think compared to most people. Compared to me anyway!
  • Options
    yes but youre incredibly secure about that sort of thing I think compared to most people

I often forget that! *Has been hanging around with too many swingers* :(:D
  • Options
    Karen_2006 wrote:
    Ok guess i'd better...'set the scene' first

Theres this guy who i've been dating on and off for the past few years, and even when we've not been dating if we're both single we've kinda been fuck buddies. Anyway since i've moved away from home to uni he's found himself a girlfriend. Last night we were chatting online about things including how the two of them are getting on, and well...he kinda asked me if i wanted to have a threesome with him and her! :crazyeyes

I mean i'm not uncomfortable having sex with him like i said, and tbh i'm kinda curious about having sex with another girl, but well its the whole threesome issue that i'm kinda unsure about.

I just kinda wondered what other people's experiences of threesomes had been...dunno just kinda worried i might get left out or something

go for it... At least you can let it sound that it was grand and have a fab story to tell. I wouldn't hesitate to get into a threesome with 2 girls, but on the other hand I am a 20yo male with the hormones of a classroom full of 15 yo's, so keep that in mind.
  • Options
    Hi guys
    Thanks for all the great advice. I can kinda see the point about her being jealous etc, suppose i hadn't really considered that at all...apparently she'd told him she was up for threesomes and that kinda thing, but well...your never totally sure are you? i guess i need to talk to him properly about the situation
    Like i said we are friends, but in reality not amazing friends, more just fuck buddies, i mean we have dated on and off, but as soon as we got together the pressure of a relationship kinda fucked things up for us

But yeah anyway guys i'm really grateful for your advice, i've gotta say secretly it does kinda intrigue me about so i guess i'm going to have to give it a bit of thought really