Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gig Tickets

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is that the proper annoying kid that thinks he's rock but so totally isn't?!!

HA! Yeah it is, but me and my mates saw him at Reading totally out our trees and he holds a place dear in our hearts. <3
    The Streets are amazing. Mike crowdsurfed and I grabbed his face with both hands!! If only I could have reached him for a kiss... :love:

Ah 'course they're nowt short BUT AMAZING. I saw them at Radio 1's Big Weekend and mon dieu, I was more than taken. You're proper lucky you copped a feel of his napper. Lucky bint. :razz:
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    HA! Yeah it is, but me and my mates saw him at Reading totally out our trees and he holds a place dear in our hearts. <3

I completely understand then. :D
    1983 wrote:
    Ah 'course they're nowt short BUT AMAZING. I saw them at Radio 1's Big Weekend and mon dieu, I was more than taken. You're proper lucky you copped a feel of his napper. Lucky bint. :razz:

I saw them at the Apollo in Manchester, right at the front fucked out of my face on coke and too much Carling... I had an interview at 9am the next morning, ha. Got the job though - spent 20 minutes telling them how mint Mike Skinner is!! :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm going to Lily Allen on saturday and then I'm not sure who else. I tried to get killers tickets and failed *rage* I've seen Fall Out Boy, Placebo, Brand New, Everytime I die, the Dresden Dolls, taking back sunday, bullet for my valentine, him, atreyu, the faint, underoath, silverstein, skindred, catch 22 , ad7, faff umm thats all I can remember
  • Options
    totally got my snow patrol tickets this morning! woo
  • Options
    managed to get some killers tickets...woo
  • Options
    Got a ticket to see Bloc Party next February.
  • Options
    Got tickets for Less Than Jake and Dropkick Murphys:thumb:
  • Options
    Wow, what do you guys do for a living to afford all these tickets? Me... I can afford sweet f all! No, I am going to be in the audience of the Jeremy Kyle show a week on friday (shhh it doesnt count that the tickets are free) and Beyonce tickets are booked for June 07. Also wanted to see christina but hey, Im skint so no chance of that.
    Oh the shitty life of a student :P
  • Options
    Woah. Quite alot of Dirty Pretty Things fans on here. I'll be seeing them twice at Brixton this December. :D Unusually thats the only thing i've got tickets booked for at the moment.. So many people i want to see though... some are AGAIN though coz i really enjoy them live.. Jamie T, Klaxons, Bromheads Jacket, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Hot club de paris, The Kooks, We are scientists, Giant Drag, The Holloways...

This year i have seen..

Dirty Pretty things x4
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Regina Spektor
    ELO
    BB King
    Battle x2
    Jamie T x2
    Boy least likely to
    The Long Blondes
    The Young Knives x2
    The Automatic
    The Fratellis
    Mystery Jets
    Metro Riots
    Pigeon Dectectives
    Rumble Strips
    Guillemots
    The Strokes
    Cazals
    The Paddingtons
    Belle and Sebastian x2
    Lethal Bizzle
    Boy Kill Boy
    Get cape wear cape fly
    British sea power
    Bromheads Jacket
    Keith
    Louie
    Vincent vincent and the villains
    The Violets
    Kalev
    F.O machete

TO THE PERSON WHO SAID THEY WANTED TO SEE THE CHILIS: They are playing a free gig in Camden on the 22nd of November. You can only win tickets though, but it's worth a try. Look here.
  • Options
    I'm away to see Deacon Blue at the end of the month :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Got tickets to Destiny at the Old Fire Station in Bournemouth for this saturday.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    Wow, what do you guys do for a living to afford all these tickets? Me... I can afford sweet f all! No, I am going to be in the audience of the Jeremy Kyle show a week on friday (shhh it doesnt count that the tickets are free) and Beyonce tickets are booked for June 07. Also wanted to see christina but hey, Im skint so no chance of that.
    Oh the shitty life of a student :P

Jeremy Kyle is mint... I was in the audience ages ago. :D
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    The Holloways...

I fucking LOVE them!!!
  • Options
    Jeremy Kyle is mint... I was in the audience ages ago. :D

Ohh really. I am a bit worried cos i taking day of college n travellin 2 manchester to see it and the lady was on about not having guarenteed seats....cos they oversubscribe tickets. How early did you arrive? Did you see people getting turned away?
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    Ohh really. I am a bit worried cos i taking day of college n travellin 2 manchester to see it and the lady was on about not having guarenteed seats....cos they oversubscribe tickets. How early did you arrive? Did you see people getting turned away?

They oversubscribe in case people don't turn up, which will always happen. I didn't see anyone get turned away when I went - but I got in early and got on the front row, haha - I don't think you'll have any problems anyway. As long as you get there with plenty of time, and try and get to the front of each queue, then you'll be sorted. Expect to be waiting around outside for a while, so take a bottle of drink with you.

It's such a good laugh, though - you'll have a great day!
  • Options
    I'm seeing Evanescence a week tomorrow!!! :hyper:

I've seen loads of bands at work.

I'm looking forward to the Futureheads coming a week on Friday! :D
  • Options
    I haven't been to a gig in so long :(

This year all I've seen are Broken Social Scene and The Goo Goo Dolls.

I :heart: gigs but now I'm too poor.
  • Options
    Primal Scream this Tuesday, Paul Weller on Tuesday 21st.

December we're seeing Van Morrison on the 2nd, Saw Doctors on the 5th and The Gangsters of Ska on the 16th.

Just booked up for both Joan Armatrading and Joan Baez next Feb :hyper:
  • Options
    They oversubscribe in case people don't turn up, which will always happen. I didn't see anyone get turned away when I went - but I got in early and got on the front row, haha - I don't think you'll have any problems anyway. As long as you get there with plenty of time, and try and get to the front of each queue, then you'll be sorted. Expect to be waiting around outside for a while, so take a bottle of drink with you.

It's such a good laugh, though - you'll have a great day!

How early did you turn up to get on the front row?
  • Options
    I have 0 tickets booked :(.

This year I have seen Snow Patrol, and I went to V and saw various people. Including Kula Shaker :heart:.

I was meant to see Panic! At the Disco but was forced to sell my tickets :(.

Woe is me.
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    How early did you turn up to get on the front row?

I didn't, really... I got there maybe 5 minutes before we were meant to go in! But we all had to wait for ages outside anyway. Then when we got in there, there was 1 seat left on the front row. Obviously no-one wanted to sit there on their own without their mates, but I couldn't give a flying! So I sat there and my 3 mates sat on the second row right behind me. :thumb:

It's usually aired about 6/8 weeks after they film it, and they text you/phone you to let you know so make sure you all get a blank video to tape it. :D

Stacey - The Futureheads are fucking MINT live, they're one of my very very favourite bands. Gutted I'm not gonna be there. :(
  • Options
    I didn't, really... I got there maybe 5 minutes before we were meant to go in! But we all had to wait for ages outside anyway. Then when we got in there, there was 1 seat left on the front row. Obviously no-one wanted to sit there on their own without their mates, but I couldn't give a flying! So I sat there and my 3 mates sat on the second row right behind me. :thumb:

It's usually aired about 6/8 weeks after they film it, and they text you/phone you to let you know so make sure you all get a blank video to tape it. :D
    awww ok thankyou, feel a bit better now! Will let you know how we get on...if u r at all interested :yippe:
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    awww ok thankyou, feel a bit better now! Will let you know how we get on...if u r at all interested :yippe:

Yeah, let us know how it went and when it's going to be aired!!

Remember - it gets repeated loads on ITV2 too... I got random texts for months afterwards telling me that I'd been on again, haha.
  • Options
    Stacey - The Futureheads are fucking MINT live, they're one of my very very favourite bands. Gutted I'm not gonna be there. :(
    :D I'm working when they are there.

Good view from the bar!

Free to watch. Its all goooooddd.
  • Options
  • Options
    Gonna see Bloc party in feb should be good they have a new album out soon!
  • Options
    Gonna see Bloc party in feb should be good they have a new album out soon!

Lucky beggar! I think i'm going to have to eBay up for tickets, unfortunately.

(that new album was leaked online by the way)
  • Options
    this thread is a teeny bit old...but i dont care somebody else brought it up...

and i have tickets for brand new, regina spektor (:heart:), and +44 now and i felt the need to share. YES!
  • Options
    I have fall out boy tickets for April. Third time in 26 months! I'm actually obessed with them
  • Options
    Handlebar moustaches at the ready, I'm off to see the Eagles of Death Metal.