Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gig Tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Go on then, tell me which bands/artists you have gig tickets for, and anyone you want to see in the next six months or so.

I have tickets for Tenacious D (Dec) and My Chemical Romance (March 2007). I want to see Lostprophets, Fall Out Boy and Audioslave (Killing in the name live was AMAZING) again, and I still havent seen Furneral for a Friend live. I really hope Offspring will tour again at some point but I'm not holding out much hope for that at the moment.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i WELL want to see FFAF again. I love them.

I only have tickets to see New Found Glory in December so far. I'm so skint. I want to go to lots more though :D i really want to go to taste of chaos in manchester again but the tickets are sold out. Hmm.
  • Options
    I'm going to see Milburn on 27th October.

I want to go and see The Holloways again in Manchester on Sunday but I'm skint. Boooo. I wouldn't mind seeing Dirty Pretty Things next month if I can get time off work.
  • Options
    I'm going to see Milburn on 27th October.

OMGAW MATE.

I missed their gig but if they have a band called The Pigeon Detectives supporting them fucking see them. Bloody quality, so they are.

But I am seeing James Brown, We Are Scientists, Omerta, MTV2 Spanking New Music Tour, Ben Kweller, Ghost Bitch, Paul Weller and Tenacious D before the year finishes. I'm gonna blag some tickets for The Fratellis and Kasabian and Snow Patrol, too.

I've seen waaaaaaaay too many bands this year.

I've seen..well, bands you'd all know like would be..

Editors
    We Are Scientists
    The Kooks
    Snow Patrol
    Fall Out Boy
    The Academy Is..
    The Hush Sound
    Gym Class Heroes
    Pharrell Williams
    The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Dirty Pretty Things
    Razorlight
    Bloc Party
    The Streets
    Mylo
    Peaches
    The Cribs
    Hot Chip
    Ben Kweller
    Corrine Bailey Rae
    Boy Kill Boy
    Panic! At The Disco
    Belle and Sebastian
    Taking Back Sunday
    The Rakes
    Maximo Park
    Arctic Monkeys
    Franz Ferdinand
    Feeder
    The Fratellis
    You Say Party! We Say Die!
    Be Your Own Pet
    Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!
    Imogen Heap

And a shit load of local bands from Glasvegas including a band called Glasvegas from Glasgow. I actually saw the lead singer in a bar last night and insulted him whilst completely mashed that he wasn't the lead singer, ha.
  • Options
    you saw imogen heap. i love you now, and will forgive you for a lot of the other crap you've seen :p haha nahh. just kidding i like a few of them. i saw imogen heap in birmingham and she was AMAZING.

ETA yeah yeah yeahs = my favourite ever band ever.
  • Options
    you saw imogen heap. i love you now, and will forgive you for a lot of the other crap you've seen :p haha nahh. just kidding i like a few of them. i saw imogen heap in birmingham and she was AMAZING.

ETA yeah yeah yeahs = my favourite ever band ever.

Oi you! Mouth! Hahaha.

Yeah she was bloody amazing, she's SO nice too. Really shy on stage, but the girl is good at what she does! :)

AND YEAH YEAH YEAHS OMG. I've seen them twice this year and wowza. Nothing short of fucking spectacular, yus.
  • Options
    I'm meant to be seeing The Wedding Present next week, but haven't got my ticket yet. (as in, ordered but not turned up yet)
  • Options
    I saw The Rifles last week and Mystery Jets last night.

Im going to see Graham Coxon at the weekend, Betty Curse at the end of the month and White Rose Movement in December.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    OMGAW MATE.

I missed their gig but if they have a band called The Pigeon Detectives supporting them fucking see them. Bloody quality, so they are.

Well excited now!! It's the start to the weekend of my 21st... I've got them for my boyfriend for his birthday but clearly it's because I want to go. :D
  • Options
    Off to see Muse at the end of November, and off to see Tom McRae at the beginning of December.
  • Options
    Im seeing Primal Scream in December...

Although im kinda just going with the flow for the fuck of it and really have no idea of what im getting into! :thumb:

Plus its at the Brixton Academy... and I :heart: it there!
  • Options
    I was supposed to be getting tickets for Less Than Jake at Brixton but I spent all of my money in Amsterdam and now I think they're sold out :(
    Other than that I'm waiting for Ill Nino to come to the UK again and any good d'n'b raves.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    d'n'b raves.

Westfest at the end of October
    Breaking Science @ Ko Ko's (Cant remember when)
    Renegade Hardware back 2 back special 17th November @ The End
    One Nation Clash of the titans has just been (was a wicked wicked night!)
    and pretty much any valve night if you know when the next one is coming up!
    Im sure there's is probably some good nights coming up at Fabric too. Just missed Planet Pendulum which was supposed to be quite good.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Cheers, I'll have to check some of those out. Fabric always has some good raves going on, a couple of my mates went to One Nation Clash of the titans aand they both said it was insane.
  • Options
    Skindred in december, (hopefully will be getting) Stone Sour in November and not a music gig but Jimmy Carr in January on my birthday! :thumb:
  • Options
    Id like to see Snow Patrol and Fall Out Boy and I wish id got to see the Chilli Peppers.

This year I've seen;

Foo Fighters x2
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Motorhead
    The Subways x2
    Angels and Airwaves x2
    Juliette and the Licks
    Eagles of Death Metal
    The Strokes
  • Options
    Ive got ticks for, The Killers, Lost Prophets, Less Than Jake, We Are Scientists and Kasabian.

I wanna see Motion City Soundtrack again and The Kooks.

Ive been to see Motion City Soundtrack, The View, Dirty Pretty Things, The Raconteurs and Taking Back Sunday this year.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Cheers, I'll have to check some of those out. Fabric always has some good raves going on, a couple of my mates went to One Nation Clash of the titans aand they both said it was insane.

It was mate... Roni Size's set was mind blowing... they didnt include it in the CD pack for some reason though! :(
    Was by far the best One Nation I have been too. The High Contrast and Fearless set was amazing. During Mampi Swift's set 5 MC's got up on stage (Fatman D, Foxy, Eskman, IC3 and Herbsman) and were doing one line each... it sounded so good! (It helps that I was high as a kite at the time! lol :thumb: )

ETA: Here is a clip of that Mampi Set for you mate...
    http://www.jamesm.ourwebnet.com/DJ/Mampi.mp3
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    It was mate... Roni Size's set was mind blowing... they didnt include it in the CD pack for some reason though! :(
    Was by far the best One Nation I have been too. The High Contrast and Fearless set was amazing. During Mampi Swift's set 5 MC's got up on stage (Fatman D, Foxy, Eskman, IC3 and Herbsman) and were doing one line each... it sounded so good! (It helps that I was high as a kite at the time! lol :thumb: )

ETA: Here is a clip of that Mampi Set for you mate...
    http://www.jamesm.ourwebnet.com/DJ/Mampi.mp3

That looks fucking awsome!! Wish I was there...
    I really wanna see the SAS again! Shabba and Skiba go so fucking well together live
  • Options
    I wanted to see muse but the damn tickets sold out so quickly, plus my brothers seeing them which doesn't help much!

I have seen this year:

Fall out Boy
    Lostprophets
    Foo Fighters etc at the Hyde Park gig. (Was awful awful gig, the sound system was pants)
  • Options
    Go on then, tell me which bands/artists you have gig tickets for, and anyone you want to see in the next six months or so.
    I have tickets to see D'espairsRay in London in November, & Kagerou in Berlin in December (Yay! That's my xmas holiday sorted!). I'm debating going to see Belisha here in Aber in a few weeks, but the tickets seem a bit overpriced & there's a pirate-themed fancy dress party at the student union on the same night :chin:.
  • Options
    I've got tickets for We Are Scientists, MTV2s Spanking New Music Tour, Panic! At the Disco, The Killers, The Zutons, The Feeling, The Magic Numbers, The Fratellis and Dirty Pretty things.

This year I've already seen:
    The Zutons x2
    The Kooks
    Dirty Pretty Things x2
    Arctic Monkeys
    The Strokes
    Boy Kill Boy
    The Chillis
    Franz Ferdinand
    Wolfmother
    Maximo Park
    The Feeling.

...and then I wonder why I'm constantly skint! :(

ETA The Fratellis, how could I forget The Fratellis?!
  • Options
    Been to see Ladyfuzz, Less Than Jake, Larrikin Love, Vincent Vincent and The Villians, The Vandhals, Maximo Park and i'm going to see Dirty Pretty Things next month supported by Larrikin Love so good night will be had by all :thumb:
  • Options
    Haven't been to a gig in ages, contemplating going to see Rodrigo and Gabriela though.
  • Options
    Well excited now!! It's the start to the weekend of my 21st... I've got them for my boyfriend for his birthday but clearly it's because I want to go. :D

babyshambles are playing at my uni soon. :)
  • Options
    babyshambles are playing at my uni soon. :)

Gogogogogogogo. Go!

Seeming as everyone is listing the bands they've seen this year, I'm jumpin' on the bandwagon.

New Order
    Doves
    Nine Black Alps
    Elbow
    Stephen Fretwell
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Mani (of Stone Roses fame!)
    808 State
    Shayne Ward (and the other X-Factor finalists...)
    Babyshambles x2
    The Futureheads
    The Streets
    The Holloways
    The Noisettes

I think that's it so far...!
  • Options
    Ok let's see

- Iron Maiden in Decembre
    - Motorhead in November
    - DragonForce the day after Maiden

I wanted to go and see Lordi but it was in London and I couldn't be arsed.
  • Options
    Gogogogogogogo. Go!

not my thing. :)
  • Options
    not my thing. :)

But there will be loads of fit boys there. Fit boys must be your thing. :p
  • Options
    OMG. Totally forgot I saw The Streets, too. Ha.

AND I'M GOING TO SEE LIL' CHRIS IN DECEMBER. FUCKING YAS MATE. HA.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    OMG. Totally forgot I saw The Streets, too. Ha.

AND I'M GOING TO SEE LIL' CHRIS IN DECEMBER. FUCKING YAS MATE. HA.

Is that the proper annoying kid that thinks he's rock but so totally isn't?!!

The Streets are amazing. Mike crowdsurfed and I grabbed his face with both hands!! If only I could have reached him for a kiss... :love: