Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tech Shopping Sites

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    CoolMe wrote:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=150992&source=Froogle

EEEK!!! Then what one is that? im only looking at the picture and what it says in breif detail because i've always used ones that have a lil slot in the card and connect to the Highest Port - So i wont be able to use the ones i use?

The ones with a small slot in them and connect to the highest Port on the mobo?

This is what I mean, you need to sart learning about what you have, and what you can add to your current settup. You can easily buy the wrong part.

I don't know on your mobo, but if you already have an AGP card then you will replace it with the one you buy.

You don't want to buy a PCI or PCI-E card.
  • Options
    Hmm you have a good point but i dont see whats the differences...

This is the Motherboard:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=178528

And this will be the GFX card:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=150992&source=Froogle

Looking at the pictures:chin: The GFX Card looks like it will fit...
  • Options
    At the top it says

Gigabyte GA-K8VT800 VIA K8T800, S754, AGP 4x/8x, DDR 266/333/400, SATA I, SATA RAID, ATX

AGP is there, and so is the GFX card. So it's good to go. Make sure you have the CPU for socket 754....

On the scan page on the right, it says Hexus. I recommend you start having a read up.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    At the top it says

Gigabyte GA-K8VT800 VIA K8T800, S754, AGP 4x/8x, DDR 266/333/400, SATA I, SATA RAID, ATX

AGP is there, and so is the GFX card. So it's good to go. Make sure you have the CPU for socket 754....

On the scan page on the right, it says Hexus. I recommend you start having a read up.

WOO!

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=250181

A Friend said get that one;)
  • Options
    Should do the job. I know some 6600GT's have an extra power plug on the card itself, which needs a power lead running from the PSU. So a decent PSU might also be in order.
  • Options
    the www.scan.co.uk one:

Interface: AGP 4x/8x

:)
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Should do the job. I know some 6600GT's have an extra power plug on the card itself, which needs a power lead running from the PSU. So a decent PSU might also be in order.

o no... Erm how would the GFX Card connect directly to the PSU - I believe the one i have is 500 or 550 Not sure but it was upgraded afew years ago because the computer couldnt handel what it was doing...
  • Options
    the www.scan.co.uk one:

Interface: AGP 4x/8x

:)

:confused:
  • Options
    On my card there is a plug at the side, and I have a power lead running from that to the PSU. My card is an XFX 6600GT overclocked out of the box, so I don't know if the standard version has it or not.
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    :confused:

This is exactly the reason you need to start learning...

It means the card will work on a AGP 4x or 8x Mobo.
  • Options
    Hmm ill just look at the booklet when i get it

*reminds people i just turned 15 on Saturday!*

Thanks for all the help tho
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Hmm ill just look at the booklet when i get it

But then you might have to fork out 50 quid for a new PSU. If it doesn't say then i'd email them or at least visit XFX's website and have a look. If it does infact need an extra power lead and you don't have one, then the card will run very poorly.
  • Options
    ebuyer

overclockers

amazon

all u need tbh :yippe: