Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Magazines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What mags do You buy??

Me = Kerrang!! and Top Gear.

Comments

• Options
    NME, New! and Reveal.
  • Options
    anything for people my age really. i.e. cosmopolitan.
  • Options
    Don't buy 'em. Get the Sky magazine each month which i have a quick flick through.
  • Options
    subscribed to Illustrated Science magazine.
  • Options
    Edge.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Reveal.

Oh i so put my foot in it earlier this year. Standing in the queue for the till in a Tesco, i was gobbing off to bf about Reveal, Heat etc and how their readers must be brain dead chavs who continully overdose on 'celebrity' gossip (not you btw :) ) and the woman behind has got copies of Reveal and Heat in her basket. Oooops :)
  • Options
    i'm subscribed to Illustrated Science magazine.
    GEEK!!!!

Got a link????
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Oh i so put my foot in it earlier this year. Standing in the queue for the till in a Tesco, i was gobbing off to bf about Reveal, Heat etc and how their readers must be brain dead chavs who continully overdose on 'celebrity' gossip (not you btw :) ) and the woman behind has got copies of Reveal and Heat in her basket. Oooops :)

Haha, I love trashy magazines. If I want a good read then I'll read a book - but if I want gossip on music/films/celebs Y'CAN'T BEAT GOOD OLD TRASH. Ha.

I'm bored of Cosmopolitan and New Woman etc "HOW TO TELL IF HE REALLY CARES" pish, and the clothes are always too expensive and I don't really want to splash out on Chanel left, right and centre.

I sometimes get The List and I-D if I can be arsed or have 4 quid or more to spare and don't have anything better to buy. Heh.
  • Options
    I stopped buying magazines quite a while back because the information i want from them is available online. Also think magazines are way overpriced. Considering you can access most if not all of the info online anyway.

When i did buy magazines they were aimed at Pc gaming/software and Console gaming. Sometimes bought car/truck magazines.
  • Options
    FHM, dont buy it religiously just when im travelling etc.

this month i bought the american addition by accident, and it was shit, didnt keep me interested for more than 5 minutes
  • Options
    GEEK!!!!

Got a link????

it's swedish so... :p
  • Options
    Cosmo/Company/Glamour and stuff like that, to flick through in moments of boredom.

And History Today :o
  • Options
    New Woman, Cosmo, Company, Now and my trashy habit, Woman and Womans Own (and occasionally Bella :o )
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The ones I get every issue of are a couple of PC and gaming magazines, and several comics. Sometimes but not very often I also get magazines about the unknown or "Focus".
  • Options
    New is my fave, used to by Mixmag years ago
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Used to read
    New Scientist
    Loaded
    Time (until they awarded person of the year to the US soldier) :rolleyes:
    Max Power

Now I don't really read any magazines unless I'm in a waiting room.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    PC Gamer
    American Car World (Formerly Street Machine).
    ^^^Both Subscribers.

Love finding those mags about planes at various places. One had a special about the Tu-95 (Air Power Journal I think). That was ACE.
  • Options
    I'm subscribed to digital camera magazine, and pick up a random selection of other photo mags. Very occassionally I pick up a computer magazine, but nowhere near as often as I used to.
  • Options
    FHM & Future Music.
  • Options
    i don't buy magazines. i think they're shit and depressing
  • Options
    I used to read Raving Eye, Dream Magazine and To The Core. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I dont buy them often.

I buy Mixmag every now and then. Especially if there is a decent CD being given away with it.
  • Options
    i used to buy girl talk and smash hits!
  • Options
    I am ashamed to say I buy heat :blush: My excuse is that it has a tv guide in the back too though, so it saves me having to buy one of those too :p

I also have a subscription with a card-making magazine (this is looking worse by the minute), and I buy the occasional glossy, of which Cosmo is probably my favourite.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kate1 wrote:
    I am ashamed to say I buy heat :blush: My excuse is that it has a tv guide in the back too though, so it saves me having to buy one of those too :p

Intollerable. Just buy a TV guide. 30p.
    Kate1 wrote:
    I also have a subscription with a card-making magazine (this is looking worse by the minute), and I buy the occasional glossy, of which Cosmo is probably my favourite.

This I can cope with.

You are no longer allowed to bu Heat because the adverts ANNOY THE PISS OUT OF ME AND MAKE ME WANT TO KIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    psychologies, new scientist, and at the moment, Junior pregnancy and baby.
  • Options
    I read quite a few because I fly alot and always get a couple of magazines each time.

Usually from: Bizarre, National Geographic, New Scientist, FHM, Q.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Dream Magazine
    Any chance you've still got these and want to sell? I only found out about them when they came out for the second time as dream uk, so ive only got a couple of issues.
  • Options
    I don't buy any, but I get free access to the mag rack in the bookstore in the same house I work. I used to be well into reading Cosmopolitan (and it still is one of the best read-at-work-to-kill-time-then-forget-it-all magazines) but an article about ex-girlfriends stalking their exes and it being treated as some kind of acceptable therapy definitely put me off. Well it wasn't said but I felt very angry when reading that rubbish.

I once took some random mag, brought it downstairs and began flipping through. I didn't realise why it had so many nice looking men until I catched a glance of something on gay rights... I've *never* managed to return a magazine with as much stealth before as I did with this one.

As for what I might be interested in buying, I've been debating for over a year if I'd like Your Horse or Horse & Hound (seriously) but have sort of reached the conclusion I need neither.
    There's also an American Psychology magazine that is quite interesting, and for some reason I did in some weird way enjoy reading FutureSound last week.
    I've also been buying the odd digital camera mag lately because I'm planning on splurging on one for my birthday next month (mum's going to the US). :)
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Any chance you've still got these and want to sell? I only found out about them when they came out for the second time as dream uk, so ive only got a couple of issues.

If I had them still I'd give em to you but I'm sure I don't. Only had about 6 copies anyway.
    There were other mags I used to read, one of which I think was called Scene Magazine (though I'm not completey sure), and To The Core which was also excellent.

All gone now - along with most of my flyers! :(
    Weekender Offender