Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Favorite Takeaway

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I hate that word!
    PATTYHate it too.
  • Options
    well italian is my favourite food but you don't generally get italian takeaways, do you? do they actually exist? other than pizza which i love.
    I have A cafe uno that does take out.
  • Options
    I have vouchers.

Excellent, should we go together? is it a date?
  • Options
    Excellent, should we go together? is it a date?
    Afraid all thats left are 6 nuggets for 99p.

Got em out of da metro.
  • Options
    Gotta be Chinese
  • Options
    My housemates are very very happy people beacuse they've moved in with a fantastic cook, and as arrogant as that sounds, it's simply the truth. I'm just good at it, and certainly better than they are. They love it, woke up saturday morning to bacon, eggs and pancakes mmmm tasty.

My fav take away is currently a really good chicken chow mein but with hoi sin sauce, the one you get with aromatic crispy duck and pancakes.
  • Options
  • Options
    Special chow mein with curry sauce and a portion of chips.

I love chips from the chinese because they're cooked in the same oil as the rice and consequently they taste delicious.

:yum:

That or a chicken shish and tomato pizza.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Special chow mein with curry sauce and a portion of chips.

I love chips from the chinese because they're cooked in the same oil as the rice and consequently they taste delicious.
    :yes: It's true.
  • Options
    Ahh, why did I read this? I'm starrrving now!

I'm quite a big fan of pizza. Near my mates house in Leeds they did the FITTEST pizza for me last week - half of it with green peppers and pepperoni, and the other half with chilli con carne. The stuff dreams are made of, seriously.

I like Chicken Madras too, with keema pilau rice and peshwari nan - aaaand bombay potatoes are well fit too.

I'm off to find the takeaway menu!!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I can't believe how many people are saying chips, wheather it be with curry, chinky or fish. Does nobody else think the most unintresting thing you can do with potatos is make them into chips?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I can't believe how many people are saying chips, wheather it be with curry, chinky or fish. Does nobody else think the most unintresting thing you can do with potatos is make them into chips?

I hardly ever eat chips... I don't like them that much. I'd have to really be in the mood!
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Making your own chips in a fryer is a different matter :thumb:
  • Options
    There's a cantonese take away in Eastbourne, that this time of year does this amazing pumpkin flower dish :yum:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Does nobody else think the most unintresting thing you can do with potatos is make them into chips?

Yep. I rarely make chips. Mash with butter, rosti, roast, duchess, lyonaisse, casseroled, baked. But hardly ever chips. Rosti seems to be the best as you can really taste the potato which does have a nice taste. Sort of earthy and peasanty and.................... i'm gonna go make a rosti :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Yep. I rarely make chips. Mash with butter, rosti, roast, duchess, lyonaisse, casseroled, baked. But hardly ever chips. Rosti seems to be the best as you can really taste the potato which does have a nice taste. Sort of earthy and peasanty and.................... i'm gonna go make a rosti :D

whats a rosti?

my favourite take away is chinese, love it. But i rarely get takeaway anyway. 3-4 times a year at the most!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    whats a rosti?
    This is a rosti.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    whats a rosti?
    This is a rosti.
    Mmm...

love them :heart:
  • Options
    Basically it's a load of grated potato, slowly fried in a pan, about 10 minutes each side. You're supposed to par boil the potatoes first, but i don't bother as it takes a lot of taste out. You can add a grated onion too. I make (my own creation) a cheese and onion rosti. Grate 1lb of potatoes (peeled first), add a grated onion, plenty of pepper and salt if you wish. Put half in a well buttered pan. Top with grated cheese, not too near the edge, and top with the other half. Press down firmly with a spoon/potato masher. cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat, turn over and cook for a further 10 minutes. Voila, Kev's cheese and potao rosti. :)
  • Options
    the best thing you can do with potatoes is to put them in a spanish omlette...and not the ones your buy in the supermarket, homemade ones with peppers and chorizo and.........mmmmmmmm
  • Options
    what is duchess and lyonaisse?
  • Options
    Beef satay with rice (i prefer boiled) and prawn crackers washed down with a glass of magners, or a big pepperoni pizza YUM!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    what is duchess and lyonaisse?

Duchess is mashed potato, piped into a swirl on a baking sheet then baked in the oven till browned.

Lyonnaise potatoes, gently soften some onions in butter, add potatoes and some chicken stock, cover and cook until potatoes are done, then reduce stock.
  • Options
    Duchess

Can't find a Lyonnaise pic, but cubes of potato and onion shouldn't be hard to imagine ;)

ETA- Dauphinoisse are much nicer ;)
  • Options
    the best thing you can do with potatoes is to put them in a spanish omlette...

I'd have to disagree with you there, potatoes have such a fab flavour that putting them in an omlette, especially with something like Chorizo, would mask their flavour. Long, slow cooking with just butter/milk/cream brings out the best in a potato.
  • Options
    I love all types of potato, I do love chips but they can be boring. I do love egg and chips though, I have it every couple of weeks.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I do love chips but they can be boring.

Double fry you chips, yummy :yum:
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Double fry you chips, yummy :yum:
    you wouldn't have em but the best chips are my gran's she cooks then in beef dripping and they are delish.
    crisp n dry oil is nice!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    you wouldn't have em but the best chips are my gran's she cooks then in beef dripping and they are delish.

Oh i would, i'm not a 'political veggie'. If people want to eat meat that's ok, i just dont like eating meat. But chips in dripping :yum:
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Oh i would, i'm not a 'political veggie'. If people want to eat meat that's ok, i just dont like eating meat. But chips in dripping :yum:
    ah I see, u know good chips then :D