Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

on the verge of splitting with my bf...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how have you fitted all of this into the space of 6-7 weeks??
  • Options
    It's been a whirlwind thing. I've spent all my time at his house (apart from when I'm seeing friends) - in the last 6 weeks I've literally spent 5 days at home. Even my pet rats are at his house! lol. He's great with them and has even named one of them :(

And he's got a big family, so whenever we went out I'd bump into one of his brotehrs or sisters - or his nieces and nephews! hehe. His mum lives round the corner from him too so I've seen her a lot.

That's why it's so hard I think; it's not just that I've lost a boyfriend, I'm losing friends too - his mates and his family. And his cat (silly as it sounds).

It's like we've had the equivalent of LTR in the space of a month and a half.
  • Options
    it sounds like a lot too much too soon imo.

i know what you mean about the losing friends/family bit but just because you and your bf have split up it doesn't mean that you can't still say hello to his friends/family or even him for that matter.
  • Options
    I know, but I live in Wolverhampton and they're in Rugeley, so I won't get to see them unless I go to Rugeley - and that's 2 buses away! Bit far to go just to say hi! :lol:

Plus Phil just texted (after I'd mentioned how he said he was cutting contact with Wendy), and said he's going to cut contact with both of us. I told him I'd pay him back for any food I've eaten and electric I've used (cos its what I do) and he said he didn't want anything from me - anything he's done, he's done cos he's enjoyed it.

I said I didnt make him happy so the least I can do is pay him back (I was in self pitying mode, plus I wanted him to admit he was unhappy with me), and he replied with "you do and did make me happy".

Cue; floods of tears!

I'm blaming the pmt.
  • Options
    i bet you're back togehter by the weekend
  • Options
    don't let him win you over again with his words.
  • Options
    Do you think that's what he's trying to do?

I couldn't do it anyway. As much as I'd like to, if we got back together I'd feel like he was just settling.

The only way we could work would be to cut right back and only see each other a couple of times a week - normalise the relationship basically! lol. Because atm we're practically living together and it's waay too soon for all that. He wouldn't want that though and deep down, I don't think I would.

It's just going to take a bit of getting used to, that's all. I know I'm whining and being stupid, but I'm on my period so I'm all hormonal, and I just had a pregnancy scare-type thing (would have been phil's baby) so it's all a bit much at the moment.
  • Options
    i don't know what he's trying to do but it'd be easy to think 'aww he's so lovely i'll get back with him'. this is the time when you need to be strong! :)
  • Options
    Yep. Strong. Ugh, I hate splitting up with people. Normally me that does it, it's not nice being on the recieving end! lol.

Thanks for the help, and ta for putting up with my whinging and not telling me to shut up and pull myself together! :lol: