Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

should Myspace profiles be taken seriously?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nope, still there.
    Jaloux wrote:
    To begin with, I didn't see much point to it. If you take it at face value it can be as good place as any to kill time on. I decided to buy tickets to an event last Friday after seeing the artist's profile. ;) Had an amazing night out, too. :)

I'm a member of some communities where I can find info about how to waste my time offline.

People put random stuff on their profile for attention. Sometimes it's lies, other times it's half lies/half truths and then you can find the plain truth with some people. However, usually people don't live action packed lifes so exaggerating and distorting certain things makes the person seem a bit more exciting. ;) I've played mine up and although it's mostly truths, there's some dubious stuff inbetween.

I'm fed up of blogs, so myspace is a nice alternative as long as it isn't taken to extremes. :)

I hear its good for unsigned bands.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    But its not, and that makes me cry.

kind of an emo post....
    j/k
  • Options
    I blow in and out of myspace to check out peoples profiles and I find that most profiles all say the same thing. im bitchy, 2 faced, i'll judge you but i dont like being judged, blah blah blah

Do the people on myspace really mean this or is it just a front?

only asking out of curiousity and im kinda bored

Those people THINK they are serious, which is easily concluded that these people are dumb and usually a waste of time.
  • Options
    Yeah, there are still LJs in use. I however think that it has declined, at least there now pass days between the people on my friends list posting and I've pretty much abandoned it. LJ getting sold didn't help it any either.

I used to be a blog-whore, but it's faded off. I have pretty much abandoned my LJ and am soon erasing my wordpress blog that I have on my site. I don't like this kind of format for communication any longer. It's way too "me me me me" and only a few people have the talent to make it worth the read.
  • Options
    My Space profiles are usually what people like to think they're like. It usually bears no relation to what they're actually like. The usual example of this is people who claim that they're crazy, wierd, mad or random. You can guarantee that anyone who claims to be any of these things isn't. I also love the half-baked philosophies on life you get on there. "I hate people judging me on appearances, before they get to know me. I also hate chavs."
  • Options
    some of the pic comments make me laugh.

one said: OMG I can see your breasteses!
    another said: I know you wont talk to me because you dont like me but i love the highlight in your hair!
  • Options
    I'm still intrigued though. I'll get one eventually, when I've re-edited a couple of my films. It's a pretty big free audience not to really.
  • Options
    My Space profiles are usually what people like to think they're like. It usually bears no relation to what they're actually like. The usual example of this is people who claim that they're crazy, wierd, mad or random. You can guarantee that anyone who claims to be any of these things isn't. I also love the half-baked philosophies on life you get on there. "I hate people judging me on appearances, before they get to know me. I also hate chavs."

"you know what I hate?, people who are intolerant of other peoples cultures, and the Dutch."

sorry, had to be said
  • Options
    you make films?
  • Options
    Not since uni. You've got to pay to make them outside uni. I'm getting some editing stuff together though, so I should be able to re-edit the one's I've done already. But yeah, I'm planning on doing it properly asap.
  • Options

there is a whole thing like myspace in german and it's hilarious. You know 12 year old girls with austrian flags lots of ~~**wRitTeN tExT~WiTh_StRaNgE.puNcTuaIcIonS, FaLsE oRtHoGrFfy, anD coOl aScII sYmBolS~**_ and old nazi slogans like "rather dying while standing, than living while kneeing" or some bullshit (literally translated). Wish I could find a single one without "bedsport" listed under "Sports", even tho you can usually say they are virgin (unless they stated it anyway somewhere on their profile.)

golden...
  • Options
    Scenesters and Emo's Don StrubbleS...
  • Options
    My page on myspace has only a brief paragraph about where i am/work and the fact that I like to have fun fun fun until daddy takes the t-bird away. I also have Teletext as my friend. I don't take it too seriously, its just a bit of fun.

I tend to 'judge' people on there music tastes, I'm sure i'm not the only one.
  • Options
    if you mean label than in some sense, its ok.
    not that i agree with it or anything.
  • Options
    Scenesters and Emo's Don StrubbleS...

I wish they were emos. They are usually the 13 year olds, with piercings, tramp-stamp, fully clothed in ralph lauren, trying every friday to get into the discotheque.
  • Options
    sounds like scenesters.
  • Options
    I sometimes use it but not all that often. I'mnot really that bothered.

I have to add I do love the "tramp-stamp" expression, nearly as good as
    "pram face"
  • Options
    "pram face"

what is it?
  • Options
    when they pull a pouty face
  • Options
    when they pull a pouty face

No thats an emo face. Strubble a "pram face" is a young female chav who looks like she should be smoking and pushing a pram on a coucil estate, crap make-up, high ponytail etc. See example below (From the comedy show little britain)
  • Options
    thats a really small pic!
    but I get what you mean.
  • Options
    My space is mostly for posers, have you seen some of the photos? saying that i'm a member on there... i'll shut up now.