Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

24, virgin, never been kissed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lifeless wrote:
    Yeah, those God damn nice guys make me want to vomit! Always being nice to people and playing by the rules. Why can't they go around stabbing kittens like the rest of us?! :rolleyes:
    I believe what people have been saying that you need more than being "nice" to get a girl.
  • Options
    :lol:

Sorry :blush:

??? Did some stuff get deleted there?
  • Options
    :o some posts have been deleted!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    If anyone is wondering why other posts have been deleted it's because it was quickly descending into an unneccesary argument. Leah has hit the nail on the head with her response and that's all that needs to be said about that. Let's focus on the OP yeah.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    If anyone is wondering why other posts have been deleted it's because it was quickly descending into an unneccesary argument.
    A funny one though. Fair enough. :thumb:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    If anyone is wondering why other posts have been deleted it's because it was quickly descending into an unneccesary argument. Leah has hit the nail on the head with her response and that's all that needs to be said about that. Let's focus on the OP yeah.
    yes i agree :yes:
  • Options
    I didn't do it!
  • Options
    Okay, this is just speaking from experience here. If it was early 2005, and you changed the title of this thread to "20, virgin, never been kissed", it could have applied to me. Within months of turning that age, however, I met an utterly beautiful girl. There was a lot of chemistry between us, and we soon kissed. I later admitted to her I'd never kissed anyone before, and she was shocked. Totally unexpected.

However, what you need to be careful to avoid is trying to force something where there isn't. That is, focus more on getting to know women and focus less on getting them into the sack. (in any case, if you know them well, you'll soon have a better idea of how to get them in the sack, but I digress)
  • Options
    Pity, 'coz Lifeless is spouting some amount of nonsense.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    However, what you need to be careful to avoid is trying to force something where there isn't. That is, focus more on getting to know women and focus less on getting them into the sack. (in any case, if you know them well, you'll soon have a better idea of how to get them in the sack, but I digress)

Bad advice. Obviously some friendships can develop into relationships, but as a rule, acting as a platonic friend (or, likely in her eyes, a beta male) is NOT the way to go.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Bad advice. Obviously some friendships can develop into relationships, but as a rule, acting as a platonic friend (or, likely in her eyes, a beta male) is NOT the way to go.
    That's not quite what I meant. Whether you want to get into a friendship or a relationship with someone, you've got to get to know them. I suspect the difference is, if two people naturally fancy each other, there's likely to be a lot of flirting. It shouldn't feel forced, that's what I'm trying to say. Maybe our experiences on this are different.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I believe what people have been saying that you need more than being "nice" to get a girl.

:yes:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    That's not quite what I meant. Whether you want to get into a friendship or a relationship with someone, you've got to get to know them. I suspect the difference is, if two people naturally fancy each other, there's likely to be a lot of flirting. It shouldn't feel forced, that's what I'm trying to say. Maybe our experiences on this are different.

But if two people mutually hit it off then there's no point in having a platonic "getting to know each other" stage, which for girls tends to be seriously off-putting anyway as you convey an image of a beta-male with low confidence and sex drive.

You pull, shag if you can, and continue to see her if you like her. If the chemistry for that isn't there at the start, it probably won't be later on. As i say, friendship before a relationship can work for some people - but it's the exception to the rule rather than the rule itself.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    You pull, shag if you can, and continue to see her if you like her. If the chemistry for that isn't there at the start, it probably won't be later on. As i say, friendship before a relationship can work for some people - but it's the exception to the rule rather than the rule itself.
    I like that approach, it's just one I don't normally practise myself.
  • Options
    Look, don't worry about getting yourself a girlfriend they're really not worth the trouble.

If you're worried about the virgin/never been kissed thing then get yourself a nice prostitute. If you want companionship get yourself a dog (maybe a Golden Retriever).

In the end you'll save yourself from a lot of stress and heartache.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    If you're worried about the virgin/never been kissed thing then get yourself a nice prostitute.

But like it has been mentioned before, a prostitue would only give him a quick shag and that would be it. And how on earth would you tell any future girlfriends that your first time was with a prostitute?
  • Options
    Well, needs must as the Devil drives. If that's all you're looking for it does work. However, I believe Mowbray didn't imply he was out for a quick one to get his end away. This situation is an anomoly. What people normally suggest and advise (although in my experience, with a hint of condecending tones) Mowbray has apparently attempted. With his given description I'm quite baffled he hasn't been snached up.

Companionship is a thing that all of us can relate to, even if you've never experienced anything past the relationship between you and your parents (or equivalent). For the record, I am one of these folk for the time being. Companionship with another human being is an unimaginable force. To be able to relate to someone directly and intimately. To be able to interact and progress through conversation or situation. To deter and fetter the malice that is isolation. If you have that opportunity don't ever abuse it. Because to be lost, alone in your own mind is a morass of insanity and despair.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

I agree with stargalaxy here. If you are inept with chatting up girls it's not useful to have the mindframe of getting laid tonight. Chat up girls as if you don't care, and don't be the drooling idiot that looks down her cleavage all the time. Girls are able to smell if you want in their panties, and then they are usually not very interested in getting you to know (unless you are casanova of 2006).

Just be friendly, and "pleasant to have around" and everything will come from alone. This does NOT MEAN that you land in the friendszone, keep subtle hinting, little touches, a spent drink (but not the fucking first thing, before you even introduced yourself), and ask to dance.

This works especially if you are not THAT experienced with girls, but if you approach her with "oh nice rack." count yourself 98% on the declined-list.

/ninja edit: Even if it does NOT work out, hell who cares? You did not came into those thing with the mindframe of getting laid tonight beforehand (OR DID YOU???). this is a great way of making friends and sooner as you would expect you've having some matress mambo.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    Look, don't worry about getting yourself a girlfriend they're really not worth the trouble.
    :yes: And while you're at it, don't bother with that nice holiday. The travelling and organising is a right pain in the arse. And owning a house? Just one problem after another. And forget about starting a company, it'll kill you. In fact, just spend all your life in your room instead.
  • Options
    I love people saying girlfriends are not worth the trouble, even tho they never had one, that's totally cool.

@IWS: totally. A room, a computer, food, pr0n and a right hand that never nags around. Oh, and no daylight either! :thumb:
  • Options
    You can all go to hell.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    In my experience it is much easier to have a relationship if you start on sex, chemistry and progress to feeling a mutual love. Rather than look for love straight off.
    But then a lot of people claim that it's much better if you're friends first. The difference with being friends first though, is that it's not something you can look for, it kinda just happens. If you try and make friends with someone, just to have a "friends first" relationship, then I wouldn't reckon it'd work.
  • Options

Is it just me that thinks lifeless is a troll?

Making accusations like that is not on Matt - if you have doubts, suspicions etc about any board user then you should report them to a moderator privately not air them on the boards. Thanks.
  • Options
    We used to talk ALL the time when we were in the club, she'd point out girls for me and stuff, then one night we were talking about kissing, she said kissing is what she's bad at so I told her to kiss me then, just to practice, it was pretty freaky we just clicked and the kiss had feeling in, since then it's been the easiest/best relationship yet(only been going out a little while though).

It was easier since we were comfortable with each other already, we had known each other for so long. The key thing is I think we both had a little deniable crush on each other that we didn't know about.

Well that's my little love story anyway.
    Funny you should mention that, because one of my friends kissed me the other night. We've always flirted and danced close and what-have-you, and done the same things you mentioned like talking about girls/guys for each other, but it was still a bit of a surprise. She's buggered off to uni now, so we won't be going out or anything, but it just reaffirmed my belief that being a friend doesn't mean that someone's never going to think of you as more than a friend. In my opinion, you don't have to make it obvious that you are into someone straight away, which loads of people claim you do. Obviously, it's important to do that if you're meeting the person at a party or something, where there's a limited amount of time beyond which you might never see them again. But with someone you know already, you just have to drop a few hints and keep them guessing, and most importantly, thinking about you in that way.
  • Options
    Yeah, I missed out one two very close relationships with fantastic women, and with both I have been friends with before.

With one I fucked it up so badly, we did not talk for half a year and then everything was pretty much dead, and the other was 7 years older then me and lived a thousand miles away.

It definitelly can work and imho it's still the best kind of relationship. I am pretty picky with girl friends. I have all kinds of male friends, but I hang out with only a little amount of girls... come to think of it, usually ones I could somehow imagine a rlship with... jeez I'm calculable, don't tell that around!
  • Options
    That's not a personal attack, i'm asking other people's opinions, the stuff he says just seems to be to stirr things up it would amaze me if what he says is true.

Well it's not appropriate on the boards.